Thread: duality: the 3rd, 4th, 7th, and 8th functions

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

4th: This is something we don't feel we can deal with, and furthermore generally don't feel we should have to.
    I respecfully disagree. I think the 4th function is something that causes flat-out neurosis and this evil, very dark emotion that we were born inherently wrong and defected in some way. And no matter what we do we can't get rid of it. It makes you feel like God doesn't love you, and like there's these little worms feasting off your heart and spitting on your face just because they can. Problem is therefore, that we want to deal with it *too* much.

Your dual is your dual because when you're with them, they go out of their way to show you that in their eyes, it's not a weakness- it's no big deal. They constantly reassure you, like a mother cooing a child. (Eh this might be on the verse of condescenion but you know what I mean) They protect your polr, but in a very natural, humane way so it doesn't come across as patronizing. (And let's face it, even saying things like "Humans are here to help each other grow" is patronizing.) But that's what it is, it's just kind of unspoken and erotic.

They don't try to change it, but they accept it. The vulnerability is part of the reason why they're turned on by you, too.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I respecfully disagree. I think the 4th function is something that causes flat-out neurosis and this evil, very dark emotion that we were born inherently wrong and defected in some way. And no matter what we do we can't get rid of it. It makes you feel like God doesn't love you, and like there's these little worms feasting off your heart and spitting on your face just because they can. Problem is therefore, that we want to deal with it *too* much.
    Depends on how well the individual is. I've definitely experienced this in the past (though I wouldn't have put it in those terms).

However, healthy, happy people do not feel this way about any subject.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/