Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
OK, here's what I think. First guy, let's call him Fred, had just come upstairs from a party on 39th floor. At the party, he'd met a girl, let's call her Jane. Anyway, Jane had given Fred her number, but Fred, he already had a girlfriend named Mary. So Fred told Jane this, and Jane went away with her pride hurt. She told her step-brother Max (the second guy). Max was a bit of an emotional lad, also a bit on the stupid side, but not a bad apple really. Just a little rough. So Fred goes up to the roof to get some air. While he's up there, he forgets about Jane and admires the city lights view. Suddenly, Max appears on the scene. He approaches Fred, and has a verbal bash at him for rejecting his sister Jane. Only, Jane didn't tell Max the real story ... Jane led Max to believe that it was Fred coming on to her. Fred tells this to Max, but Max calls Fred a liar. There's a bit of push and shove, and Max accidently gives Fred the 1-2-3 oops over the edge. It was an accident, see, but whom is really at fault now? Is it Max ... or is it ... Jane?
I feel like I'm reading Catch-22 again.