Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My introductory thread

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reniarbon
    UDP - definitely P

this makes you either INTp or introverted ENTp, i think the latter.
    No offense, but you don't know what you're talking about. He is neither a P, nor an E. There's no way he's an Extravert, you can tell from his writing styles. He writes everything from a "personal perspective", which is what Introverts do, and Extraverts don't. The Introversion and the Logic are the two clearest qualities in his writing. He's an IxTj.

@UBP: how do you plan for the future?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

No offense, but you don't know what you're talking about.
    none taken, lets agree to disagree on that one

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"INTjs are in their element when involved with science, invention, innovation, discovery, theory, explanation"

I'm an explainer.......

---------------------

Huh, just had a sudden revelation. *bright bulb* So you love explaining..hmm.. I don't remember where I've read, but it said INTps love explaining. INTjs might find stressful to be put in situations when having to persuade people of something. Think about it.

Creepy-pokeball

Maybe, it is online though. He may feel safe. My NiTe friend is more explanitory irl than my TiNe friend. Except that I noticed that the TiNe becomes a chatty little diva when he plays an online game and the NiTe is more prone to laughing or cussing at the game but not so much communicate with the people inside it. Then again, I only have two people to contrast with so I could be wrong ^_^

Creepy-

"...."

Creepy-pokeball

hah! I knew I liked you.

Philosophy sure is fun but it doesnt seem to pay worth jack! Maybe later when I get home from going out I'll look for that online career chart for you although my experience has been that people arent even sure by just looking at charts. Often it seems that people really find out on their own through experience so my major advice for those has always been to take on a general-type major for taste testing and develop it from there. If they never choose, at least they have a 4yr degree to haggle with. And even then, many places will let you upgrade it to a specific masters. Although you could do that with philsophy, too, due to the universal appeal of it (philosophy applies to so much, that is). So, if you wanted, you could have fun doing a BA in Philosophy and then apply it to a specialized degree. But that is a lot of work. Eh... wish I could help you more.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When was the last time you saw a philosophy store? How do you make money with a philosophy major? If you're spending that kind of money to go to a university, I would suspect that you are trying to get some kind of edge in the working world. The truth is that there are too many people in college already. You need to find an occupation that is in demand. Do you know that plumbers make more money than most college educated graduates?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    When was the last time you saw a philosophy store? How do you make money with a philosophy major? If you're spending that kind of money to go to a university, I would suspect that you are trying to get some kind of edge in the working world. The truth is that there are too many people in college already. You need to find an occupation that is in demand. Do you know that plumbers make more money than most college educated graduates?
    Omg.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-pokeball

dot dot dot indeed.

Creepy-

"...."

Creepy-pokeball

Apparently so according to the theory ^_^

I find philosophy highly useful because you can tailor it to the needs of a masters. For example, someone that wanted a masters in any health related field could get Philosophy with an emphasis on biomedical philosophy. The other thing is that philosophy is highly open ended (it is where all of the sciences originated, afterall) so one does not need to agree with a philosopher. Half the fun is critiquing them to explore the issues either ethically or logically (or both, whatever). But beyond that, philosophy is highly applicable to reality. The "people world" is formed by it. Politics. Religions. Ideologies. Truth (deciphering lies with this one is awesome!). Logic. Ethics. Sciences, etc, etc. but it is true that it would likely not apply to plumbling much like most other degrees lol.

Also, some colleges have combinational degrees. There was this one college in Ireland that I looked at that had an entire chart of hybrid degrees. It was so cool. For example, a pre-med/allied health like me could take Sociology + Biology and it works out perfect in the end.

The world is becoming more and more about meritocracy. The more paper you have, the better. That paper is a huge chunk of your value unless you are an exception (like a really lucky businesmen). Personally I wonder how high the bar will eventually go. I mean, some degrees that I saw when I started are now masters only because the regulations changed within such a short time span.

Anyways, food for thought. Explore your choices as much as possible.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you seem to ramble a bit for an INTj, although that's not saying much if your the intuitive subtype. and you're still quite young - 18, right? plenty of time yet to tighten the bolts and get that 'certainty' vibe typical INTjs exude. :wink: but then, sometimes you remind me of a classmate i had, who isn't INTj, but something like INFj. there's something in the way that you handle reasoning that just brings him to mind.

i dunno. take a stab at the theory of socionics and see if things fit.

Creepy-

"...."

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11.27.2007: There seems to be very little you can really take away from this, for determining anything about type. Sloppy and of a novice.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12