Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's with all the Fi talk lately?

Creepy-pokeball

That is similar to one of the things I was thinking of, Kirana. I was imagining a battery being charged by its favored preference. It's not going to sit in it's cradle forever. How dull and lifeless! It can output into other areas and it can always be recharged later ^_^

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the more perspectives a person can see, the more balanced they are, and I do not believe that balanced people are likely to be evil. I suppose though that in some ways an evil genius would be able to think out many aspects on a situation. I guess It depends on if that person's perspective is truly rounded or if (s)he's just looking at the technical/practical side of things. I can also see some using the ability to see a situation from many perspectives as a way of justifying their actions.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I think that the more perspectives a person can see, the more balanced they are, and I do not believe that balanced people are likely to be evil.
    Not likely. But sure a person who can see many sides is able to justify his actions and rationalize them, too. I know that, because I do, too.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's what I used to do... now if I am justifying my actions it's because I want to be lazy, not evil
    SEE

Creepy-

Kirana, let me point out some things I disagree with you on:

"umm... i don;t think that developing your weaker functions necessarily dilutes your strong functions. well, not much."

Human beings have a limited amount of intelligence, not an infinite amount, which means in terms of socionics that we each have a definite capacity for perceiving and interpreting information. (To avoid redundant arguments, let me distinguish between "intelligence" and "knowledge." Intelligence is the capacity to learn; knowledge is the totality of learned information.) Suppose that a person's capacity for interpreting information is represented by the number 50. The conscious interpretation of information requires that this information be divided up between two functions in any various proportions: 30/20, 45/5, 25/25, etc. As you may have noticed, as one number increases, the other decreases.

"just because i've increased my ability in my weak functions, doesn't mean i use them more"

The strength of a function and the use of a function are directly related. Indeed, the two are practically the same thing (when speaking of an individual psyche, that is). However, I notice that sometimes people erroneously speak of increasing their prowess in what is typically regarded as the sphere of influence or domain of the function as increasing the strength of the function itself.

Let me know if I misinterpreted your words in any way, because I honestly think that I may have, particularly in answering to that last part.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Me.
    Lyricist

"Supposing the entity of the poet to be represented by the number 10, it is certain that a chemist, on analyzing it, would find it to be composed of one part interest and nine parts vanity." (Victor Hugo)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's with all the Fi talk lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    It seems to be a common theme/concern as of late. Why so? I thought it was humorous... I quickly skimmed INTPcentral and a few of them had a post wishing they had more Fe. Im reading... and reading... and reading... and theyre rationalizing...rationalizing...rationalizing. I was thinking, "Geezus, theyre certainly not going to get it here or online! Nor by rationalizing it--especially if many of them put it down continuously!" I bet the similar is true for Fi (I do admit that the ethic and acceptance of F is better here than most type forums, which is good imo).
    You're quite confused, but understandably so. Nice , BTW. It would prolly be best not to try to understand.
    SEE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12