Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: beta music and bands

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ulver. I can't believe I didn't think of them before. They're like the ultimate Beta NF band. Lots and lots of Ni with Fe. Emos will love this shit (even if they've never heard of them). They're so fucking weird how they go from a myriad of styles to another. They can go black metal -> folk -> black metal in minutes. Their electronic stuff is really chilling and often has a really depressive tone to it. I only like their newer stuff form the album Shadows of the Sun, released earlier this year or late last year, and their album Perdition City, released in 2000, which surprised everyone because of their sudden change in sound from folk black metal to electronica and downtempo. It still has a very gothic feel to it. I'd call it Nu Industrial if I could slap a name on it.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

someone mentioned Red Hot Chili Peppers, right? I think their Fe is very obvious in their music. I think they are a good example of Beta music, maybe more on the Fe side.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

these must be the EIE/est lyrics ever, the girl siting on the piano is supposed to be an LSI

Do I attract you?
    Do I repulse you with my queasy smile?
    Am I too dirty?
    Am I too flirty?
    Do I like what you like?

I could be wholesome
    I could be loathsome
    I guess I'm a little bit shy
    Why don't you like me?
    Why don't you like me without making me try?

I try to be like Grace Kelly
    But all her looks were too sad
    So I try a little Freddie
    I've gone identity mad!

I could be brown
    I could be blue
    I could be violet sky
    I could be hurtful
    I could be purple
    I could be anything you like
    Gotta be green
    Gotta be mean
    Gotta be everything more
    Why don't you like me?
    Why don't you like me?
    Why don't you walk out the door!

How can I help it?
    How can I help it?
    How can I help what you think?
    Hello, my baby
    Hello, my baby
    Putting my life on the brink
    Why don't you like me?
    Why don't you like me?
    Why don't you like yourself?
    Should I bend over?
    Should I look older just to be put on your shelf?

I could be brown
    I could be blue
    I could be violet sky
    I could be hurtful
    I could be purple
    I could be anything you like
    Gotta be green
    Gotta be mean
    Gotta be everything more
    Why don't you like me?
    Why don't you like me?
    Why don't you walk out the door!

Say what you want to satisfy yourself
    But you only want what everybody else says you should want

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    ok, I've spent the majority of my time at work this morning analyzing music. Oddly enough, beta seems to be the most common quadra, but that could possibly be because I am just finding what I identify with in it. Either way, I thought I'd post an observation.

Yellowcard - gifts and curses (live version): This is one of the best songs (being live made it so) I've ever heard from them. It begins with an elegant violin and leads into a quietly passionate first verse. The songs essentially conveys the idea of fighting for love, which is extremely noble. The tone is kept at a fairly low-key level, which only adds to the suspense. You can actually identify with the singer, to some degree. There is a back-and-forth singing before the chorus, which is very clever imo. This song could almost be turned into a play. Then, towards the middle there is a chilling piano solo which captivates the audience (and the listener, obviously). Then the violin joins in (a background one and the main one), creating the greatest build-up of the song and generating huge responses from the crowd (jesus, this is so beta lol). The lead up makes one feel like they are walking towards the noblest battle of their life. Then, it goes back into the chorus as smoothly as a lake in the morning, and phases out peacefully, with the crowd roaring. I believe this song is a masterpiece, in its proper context (even though I haven't heard the album version).

ugh, well I'm done...I'm pretty certain they're beta though
    Aww I'm listening to this song right now lol, it's pretty ka-yoot. Yes, I do believe they are quite Beta - a little over-sentimental and adolescent sounding but what can you do. I really like Only One by them too.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12