Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Typing other animals and social mammals aside from humans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think my cat is an ESFP. This is why I need her - she's my dual. She exhibits high sensory perception, meows very loudly to beg for food/whenever she sees me, takes naps at random times (P), and I just assume the F. She also dislikes being held although she seeks out attention.

How can you judge whether an animal is rational or not?
    So I don't have to keep repeating it: (75%I 60%N 87%T 82%P)
    socionics: xNTp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still don't think you can type animals according to A-model, but, whatever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was helping my mom cleaning this house. There was this cat who hated girls but loves being petted by guys.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    Quote Originally Posted by taz
    When I was helping my mom cleaning this house. There was this cat who hated girls but loves being petted by guys.
    Is it a male cat?
    Um it's actually a female cat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our dog is ESTP. It doesn't like noone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That guest was me. I forgot the thing I had loged out before.
    Semiotical process

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is such a cute thread to go to when I want to smile or laugh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a C U T E, that's what it is!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most cats I've seen in my town. About out of 50 cats I got to know I say 20 of them are XSFP. Not very many of my grey cat personality. She is so spoiled love to show she is too . With B&W cat and the Grey cat together at times they put on a pretty good show. What makes me laugh about cats. Like my grey cat when it comes to playing rough she yelled and kick her little feet . WIth the B&W cat when it comes to playing he'll wrap his paws around your arm you can lift your arm and he'll still be hanging .

I like cats alot as they let me be myself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please stop trying to type animals. Personality theory has enough detractors as it is (Read the "Cult of Personality"), and attempting to use an important psychological theory to understand your pets can only do more harm than good. As (social) animals do share certain traits with humans because of their biological similarities, their five senses in particular, it is inevitable that this sort of comparison may be made. However, until there is distinctive evidence that animals perceive things intuitively (not instinctually, they are very different things), we are left assuming that animals are only capable of sensory (often complex, in many cases more complex than humans) perception. And since one has to, at this point, eliminate intuition as an element in the personalities of animals, it is therefore impossible to use the same models and theories set forth by Jung and socionics. I tentatively acknowledge that there is no doubt differences in personalities among animals of the same species (as I've also had pets), but much like their biological systems are very different in many respects (in some cases vastly different) than those of humans, we must also then assume there are large differences in their pyschological systems. Why do you think veterinarians aren't allowed to treat humans in hospitals and why MDs don't take on animal patients? So, with this said, if you want to type animals....I suggest you devise a personality system specifically for dogs, cats, mice, etc...otherwise you run the risk of looking ridiculous and worse, give the detractors more ammunition for viewing psychology as a "pseudo-science."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is inevitable that this sort of comparison may be made. However, until there is distinctive evidence that animals perceive things intuitively (not instinctually, they are very different things), we are left assuming that animals are only capable of sensory (often complex, in many cases more complex than humans) perception. And since one has to, at this point, eliminate intuition as an element in the personalities of animals, it is therefore impossible to use the same models and theories set forth by Jung and socionics.
    Are you trying to say that intuitive people are more evolutionary advanced than sensors? Are you also saying that animals have no sense of timing? The only differences I see are the levels of self awareness of the use of these functions. I also think that typing animals is a good intuitive excercise; matching human traits and tendecies to another mammal.

BTW: is nothing special, in fact its the same exact thing as . people visualize all concepts at once at any given time. And people visualuze all objects at once at any given space. Its the same mechanism, except focused differently.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mean to be mean. BUt even if animals aren't the same as humans for me it fun to give them personalitys and laugh at the funny things they do.

Creepy-

I don't mean to be mean. BUt even if animals aren't the same as humans for me it fun to give them personalitys and laugh at the funny things they do. Laughing
    Ah, that's so cute. How I really love you Feelers puting names for the furniture and treating animals and plants like human beings. It's so sweat!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That last post above was me. I forgot to log in, ups
    Semiotical process

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this pic. I wounder what type this dog is.
    http://www.witchandpagancommunity.co...oo_smiling.jpg

One happy dog I say.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

click! http://www.witchandpagancommunity.co...oo_smiling.jpg

taz, when you want to give us a link just write http:// before it and that's all. Also you can click the ''Preview'' button dawn the page for seing how your post will look when it's finished. You are smart and understadn easily things so I hope I didn't treat you as a fool (or blonde , like we say in here, Estonia. Lucky us have a large number of natural blondes in here.)
    Semiotical process

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you trying to say that intuitive people are more evolutionary advanced than sensors?
    I don't TRY to say anything, but I would make the argument that humans are more evolutionarily advanced than other animals. Would you disagree?

Are you also saying that animals have no sense of timing?
    Trivializing Ni to a "sense of timing" means that you don't fully understand what Ni is. The description of this function as "Intuition of time" is very misleading, in the same way it would be if Si was described as "Sense of Smell." Intuition in itself is a perception of the whole, but NOT through your physical senses. Here's my take on it...

Think of Ne as a completed painting, like the Mona Lisa. By looking at the whole painting you are taking in all the colors, shapes, facial expressions, etc...at once. The painting, as it is, is complete. There is no other information you need in order to view its completeness, and because of this, you have perceived its wholeness. Now...let's say I take out pieces of the painting, for instance, her smile. You are still able to see other parts, such as her eyes, her hair, the backgound, etc...but you are missing a piece of the picture. Now, let's say, having never seen the entire picture, someone asks you "Is she smiling, or frowning?" Well, because there are other images such as her eyes, the mood created by the colors, etc...you may attempt to create a relationship between those smaller images and fill in the whole yourself answering "she is frowning." That "leap of faith" is extraverted intuition, taking the available smaller images of the larger picture (subconsciously) and filling in the blanks in an attempt to complete the "big picture." Ne is this big picutre, Ni is the relationships between smaller pictures within the complete one.

So Ni is simply a perception of the relationships between smaller images withing a larger one. Of course it is not exclusively of a sensory nature, as are Se and Si, but rather something more intangible. Ni types, because of their ability to perceive these relationships have a knack for knowing if things are in balance (much like an Si type might comment that there is "too much salt on this steak."). This, as it relates to time, allows them to see these "forces" moving (movement, in order to perceive it, requires another moving or still object.) and can accurately estimate when they will reach a certain state (balance, imbalance, etc...). That's why Ni types are very good economic forecasters because the economy is about forces moving against and with one another. However, they need a context (Ne) within which to view these forces, otherwise the relationships they perceive might very well be outside of the larger picture, and therefore irrelevent. In a nutshell...Ne=Big Picture...Ni=Relationships between smaller pictures forming big picutre.

The only differences I see are the levels of self awareness of the use of these functions. I also think that typing animals is a good intuitive excercise; matching human traits and tendecies to another mammal.
    I'd never fault someone for trying to excercise their intuitive abilities, and if you choose to focus this energy on typing animals, so be it. I just caution you against assuming that such excersises in abstract thinking are completely without consequence. Perhaps here, no one will fault you, but there may be skeptics out there looking to evaluate the validity of socionics as a theory, and seeing a topic about the personalities of animals is NOT helpful, novel though it may be.

BTW: Extraverted Intution is nothing special, in fact its the same exact thing as Extraverted Sensing. Extraverted Intution people visualize all concepts at once at any given time. And Extraverted Sensing people visualuze all objects at once at any given space. Its the same mechanism, except focused differently.
    I'd caution you against using the word "concept" to describe intuition. Concepts result from perceptions, this is true, but they are created by thinking functions. Intuition is strictly about perception, and concepts, as they are traditionally defined, are not what is perceived when one uses their "intuition." Simplifying things is always a good thing, but one has to be careful how it is simplified.

BTW: Please don't attempt to "lecture" me on socionics, as I've been familiar with and studying it for 7 years. Also, please don't attempt to put words in my mouth in order to make your point e.g.
    Are you trying to say that intuitive people are more evolutionary advanced than sensors?
    You seem like an intelligent individual, and I would hate to assume that you need resort to silly and juvenile debate tactics in order to prove your point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by male21
    click! http://www.witchandpagancommunity.co...oo_smiling.jpg

taz, when you want to give us a link just write http:// before it and that's all. Also you can click the ''Preview'' button dawn the page for seing how your post will look when it's finished. You are smart and understadn easily things so I hope I didn't treat you as a fool (or blonde , like we say in here, Estonia. Lucky us have a large number of natural blondes in here.)
    hey no problem. I'll do from now. :wink:
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. That cute, typing animals. I like to give animals personalitys too. I only have one cat. I don't her type though :wink: .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha, you used the playback hack method :-) or was that a brute force frequency sweep attack method?
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is funny. I should try that. With cats I say we have soo many stories to tell about them.
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it me or do others see this also , how isfps really like cats and that they could end up being an old lady with house full of cats, which is how we all know how some women end up.

BTW, if we could make similar topics into alpha and let only memebrs of it to post under it, then I think ,the effect of quadra would show up. As we all know by this would happen that all types would intergrate into something bigger than people are independently. This is called synergy. So, we could make alfa into one wholeness and the general forum into socion, where all types will unite into one unit of people who are together more than independently (for more details search info about the socion and quadras), which, I wish, could happen one day. What do others think on that?
    Semiotical process

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nature made it so that organization happens on its own... I don't think it owuld work over the internet though.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by male21
    Is it me or do others see this also , how isfps really like cats and that they could end up being an old lady with house full of cats, which is how we all know how some women end up.
    That is so going to be me when I'm an old lady (ha ha) . I hope to get 11 cats in the future.
    ISFP, SEI

TIM
    ESTj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I notice that many people here don't seem to have dogs, or to talk about them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N people are lazy, and dogs are more of a routine to take care of
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cats tend to take care of themselves and come more to us when need us. Dogs can be a hassel but. There good for using when excersising. I do like dogs especialy those Corgi Welsh and Siberian Husky dogs I admire those dog breeds.
    ISFP, SEI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12