Thread: What body type are you?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What body type are you?

Ectomorph, Mesomorph, Endomorph?

I've always been fairly slim (6'2" 162 lbs), so I've thought I was purely ectomorph, but I've always had a light muscle tone even if I don't work out, and now that I do work out, the muscle builds fairly easily (not as hard to build as the typical ecto), so I'm probably somewhere between ecto and meso. Probably 75% ecto and 25% meso, since my shoulders are narrower and bone structure is more like that of an ecto, and the fact that I can pretty much eat whatever and don't put on weight.

Creepy-bg

I forgot which is which... link please.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

basically 100% mesomorph it appears

even when thin, i am curvy to some extent. the muscles in my face are rather intimidating too. i can turn my forearm or even just wiggle a finger and see lots of muscles and tendons working under the skin, though not in bulk. they are just present like little machines. if i actually adopt a fitness routine i become insanely strong and fit in a hurry.

i tan very well and have thick dark hair, fwiw. i actually never knew this was associated with a body type.

i tend to look "too" skinny to others when i am anything under 120 lbs (i'm 5'2"). cheekbones, even eye sockets, seem muscle ridden.

okay, i was kidding about the last part, sort of.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure. The problem with Ectomorph is that I build muscle easily, gain and lose fat easily, and have very broad shoulders. The problem with Mesomorph is that I have a slender arms and legs, and generally appear slim, though this may be because I am 6'3" in addition to having slender limbs. My waist is a pretty average size when I am at a normal weight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Animorph.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+2
    n00bIEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say meso 60 ecto 20 endo 20 I think, It's actually hard for me both to put on weight and to lose weight, I almost always remain around the same

However if I really really eat a lot I can get fatter, or if I really really diet hard I can become very slim. Both situations only last for a short time.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been described as "willowy" and "soft" before. I'm not an ectomorph because they are often very thin in the *frail* way. I have never been frail even when I was anorexic and weighed very little. I'm not a mesomorph because I don't build muscle easily at all. I am less muscular than most everyone (except for the ectomorphs ). I do have some of the traits of the endomorph in that I tend to be soft... and weight will gather mainly in the abdomen. But my head isn't spherical, I suppose it is somewhat large though... my face is more oblong.

I'm just making up numbers here... but maybe I'm 65% endomorph, 35% mesomorph or something.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I've been described as "willowy" and "soft" before. I'm not an ectomorph because they are often very thin in the *frail* way. I have never been frail even when I was anorexic and weighed very little. I'm not a mesomorph because I don't build muscle easily at all. I am less muscular than most everyone (except for the ectomorphs ). I do have some of the traits of the endomorph in that I tend to be soft... and weight will gather mainly in the abdomen. But my head isn't spherical, I suppose it is somewhat large though... my face is more oblong.

I'm just making up numbers here... but maybe I'm 65% endomorph, 35% mesomorph or something.
    Yeah I'm not frail at all, like a the way people typically think of an ectomorph, actually I'm fairly strong, but the more defining factors are the narrower shoulders and short upper body relative to arm length, and the fast metabolism. Brad Pitt is an ectomorph, and I doubt people think of him as a skinny frail person.

Creepy-bg

endomorph probably

Creepy-Cyclops

I'll go for umm..let me see, I can put on weight easily but when I eat healthily I loose it easily. People describe my build as slim-medium. I'm not super strong but I can put on strength fairly easily, i'd say 40% ecto 30% endo and 30% meso, or something

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

according to the test that diana posted, i'm a mesomorph. it seems pretty much accurate. i could possibly be an ectomorph.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a fatass.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard
    I'm a fatass.
    you definitely showed as much in chat, stuffing your face with potato chips and other junk lol
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    you definitely showed as much in chat, stuffing your face with potato chips and other junk lol
    Beats stuffing my face with brocolli.

- Voltaire

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Beats stuffing my face with brocolli.
    I had the most delicious broccoli the other night.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    lol One time I was asking if I should turn off video when I eat a snack and other people told me I don't have to turn the video off because earlier you, LokiVanguard, had had a full meal in the videochat!
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    lol One time I was asking if I should turn off video when I eat a snack and other people told me I don't have to turn the video off because earlier you, LokiVanguard, had had a full meal in the videochat!
    What can I say, I love food

- Voltaire

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

TRAITS
    ENDOMORPH: 0%
    MESOMORPH: 88%
    ECTOMORPH: 13%

MESOMORPH.

You have a naturally fit body but, to maintain or improve it, you should adopt an exercise and diet regimen that compliments your build. You can strength train more often and for longer periods of time, but be careful not to overdo it. Train with moderate to heavy weighs and keep a moderate pace, making sure not to rest too long between sets. You'll find you gain muscle quite easily. Don't fear; you won't get "bulky." When you're happy with your muscle size, simply train to maintain. Stick to a good, healthy diet to stay lean and muscular, and watch for any slow-creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, but be careful not to overdo it.

I was VI-ed in another group and someone told me I was 40% mercurial 30% Venusian and 30% Solar. They said it was rare to be a pure body type and not a mixture of at least two.

Body Types

MERCURIAL (3D-): Named after Mercury (Hermes), in mythology the messenger god. Vulcan was the "smith" of the pantheon. This Bodytype corresponds to the Artisan Role. It is usually lean and short, as Mercury was said to be agile without being muscular. The body is energetic but is not geared for physical activity so much as for mental activity — the creation and conveyance of ideas and words. They have a low pain threshold and a tendency to hypochondria. Male Mercurials are the most prone of the Bodytypes to wear a mustache or beard. The personality is perceptive, impulsive, and restless. Mercurials look boyish or girlish rather than mannish or womanish.

VENUSIAN (3D+): Named after Venus (Aphrodite), the goddess of love and fertility. This Bodytype corresponds to the Sage Role. Consequently this is a beautiful or handsome body. I don't just mean OK to look upon. I mean it is very pleasant to look upon, whether male or female. The skin is clear of blemishes, the hair is bountiful and lush, the features are attractive to the point of being distinguished, the body is well proportioned, tending to no extreme or irregularities. They eyes are large and dark. The skin is darker than usual. Venusians could be models. Some Venusians have a tendency to let their looks go to pot.

SOLAR (2D+): Named after the Sun (Sol, Helios). This Bodytype corresponds to the Priest Role. The body is medium to tall in height, and slight of build, perhaps even fragile in appearance. The hands and feet are also long and thin. This type is not built to withstand the rigors of physical activity, but their presence is distinctive and impressive, with a tendency to wide shoulders. The features are refined and delicate, and have a youthful appearance. The forehead is broad and the eyes are set widely. The skin seems transparent if not luminescent — they almost shine with an inner light. The hair is silky and shiny. The overall impression is ethereal, otherworldly or angelic — not of this earth. Their behavior is "airy" — exuberant, graceful and childlike.
    Last edited by Aylen; 08-08-2015 at 04:54 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I'm a fatass.
    The title of this thread is not "What booty type are you?"
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yarr
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    Yarr
    What's your booty type, Elro?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-Cyclops

Default Re this whole body type theory

Something else to add: Sheldon based this on the concept of three embryonic tissue types. He also tried to link his body type to personality type..and he failed, interestingly.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ecto - Mesomorph

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

MESOMORPH: 63%
    ECTOMORPH: 38%
    Last edited by Pink; 08-08-2015 at 07:19 AM.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i'm sure that i'm primarily an Endomorph, with a few traits of the other 2 types. i always have carried extra fat, i'm pear-shaped, "soft"-looking, gain muscle easily, don't lose fat easily, and have slim wrists, ankles, and a long neck.

weirdly, the bodybuilding.com test gave me these results, saying that i'm primarily a Mesomorph, but i know that isn't right.

ENDOMORPH: 50%
    MESOMORPH: 13%

side note: i find myself often attracted to men that have Ectomorph traits. opposites attract? ;P

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    i'm sure that i'm primarily an Endomorph, with a few traits of the other 2 types. i always have carried extra fat, i'm pear-shaped, "soft"-looking, gain muscle easily, don't lose fat easily, and have slim wrists, ankles, and a long neck.

weirdly, the bodybuilding.com test gave me these results, saying that i'm primarily a Mesomorph, but i know that isn't right.

MESOMORPH: 13%

side note: i find myself often attracted to men that have Ectomorph traits. opposites attract? ;P
    that's weird it said you're a mesomorph, since that's your lowest score... something went screwy there, I think..
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    that's weird it said you're a mesomorph, since that's your lowest score... something went screwy there, I think..
    i wonder if it's the quiz's way of resolving the fact that the two highest scores are Endo and Ecto, because i don't think it's possible to be a combination Ecto-Endo type.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    i wonder if it's the quiz's way of resolving the fact that the two highest scores are Endo and Ecto, because i don't think it's possible to be a combination Ecto-Endo type.
    glam, seems you are a supernatural being

I'm surprised though that endo-ecto doesn't exist...

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's me.

Yep.... rings true ime also and what i would have predicted.

TRAITS
    MESOMORPH: 38%

YOUR BODY IS BETWEEN AN
    ENDOMORPH AND A MESOMORPH.

Endomorph: Your biggest concern should be losing fat and adopting a lifestyle that keeps it off. Strength training should be done to get a better muscle-to-fat ratio, which will help to boost your metabolism. Use moderate weights at a fast training pace, allowing for very little rest between sets and exercises. Lower your calorie intake and eat frequent but small meals to make sure you're still getting adequate nutrition. Eliminate sugar, sweets, and junk food from your diet. Get your heart pumping by engaging in some form of daily activity such as brisk walking or biking.

Mesomorph: You have a naturally fit body but, to maintain or improve it, you should adopt an exercise and diet regimen that compliments your build. You can strength train more often and for longer periods of time, but be careful not to overdo it. Train with moderate to heavy weighs and keep a moderate pace, making sure not to rest too long between sets. You'll find you gain muscle quite easily. Don't fear; you won't get "bulky." When you're happy with your muscle size, simply train to maintain. Stick to a good, healthy diet to stay lean and muscular, and watch for any slow-creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, but be careful not to overdo it.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENDOMORPH: 63%
    ECTOMORPH: 0%

I'd always been an hour glass with more padding. Now I'm definitely fat, but my high waist is hidden by the clothes that fit the chest and hips, making me look even bigger. The only way I can lose weight is if I drastically cut carbs and eat multiple meals during the day. But I can't afford to eat that way. PCOS, anxiety, and carbs don't work well together, heh.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    ENDOMORPH: 63%
    ECTOMORPH: 0%

I'd always been an hour glass with more padding. Now I'm definitely fat, but my high waist is hidden by the clothes that fit the chest and hips, making me look even bigger. The only way I can lose weight is if I drastically cut carbs and eat multiple meals during the day. But I can't afford to eat that way. PCOS, anxiety, and carbs don't work well together, heh.
    We have almost the same body type, hi 5 girl!!!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

50% ecto 50% meso

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

ok for me from post #81 I'm like the Te/Se/ISTx one, that fits my type

in the body type test a mesomorph:

ENDOMORPH: 25%

and from the michaelteachings site that Aylen mentioned, I'm some mix of martial + lunar + venusian and/or saturnine

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Looks as more eating and physical training makes people extraverted.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Causation? No.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mesomorph, not a surprise.
    Wide shoulders, ran track in school, can build muscle quickly (too quickly, from too much testosterone - it is also thinning my hair in back But the cure for that is worse than the disease).
    The surprise is I got exactly the same score as Myst:

The test must have very limited resolution.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Wide shoulders, ran track in school, can build muscle quickly (too quickly, from too much testosterone - it is also thinning my hair in back But the cure for that is worse than the disease).

They do ask what your gender is in the test though...

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

It's 8 questions so that's it's resolution level. Btw one question I can answer differently and then I get:

ENDOMORPH: 13%
    ECTOMORPH: 25%

And yeah I'm like you, it's not a surprise to me to score as a mesomorph.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I feel like my body type is mostly mesomorphic leaning on endomoprhic, my test results showing the same. Incidentally, I find people of similar body types (meso and endomorphs) to be most physically and aesthetically appealing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast