Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What body type are you?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    What is most indisputably correct in that figure is that introvert intuition (= LII and EII) is the most ectomorph type, and that extraverted sensation (SEE and SLE) is rather strongly correlated with endomorphy. My body type is closest to introverted thinking intuition (= ILI), perhaps slightly towards the centre.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I would have thought that Socionics INTps and INFps would be the most ectomorphic, then INTjs and INFjs.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it amusing that extroverted thinking is the fittest of them all.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have thought that Socionics INTps and INFps would be the most ectomorphic, then INTjs and INFjs.
    They are clearly not. Socionics INTjs and INFjs are definitely more ectomorph than INTps and INFps. That fact is indisputably confirmed by real life observations of the types and V.I. of famous types.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe there is a correlation between body type and personality type (other than those frail ENTp's lol).
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bullcrap.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how come?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO CORRELATION BETWEEN PERSONALITY AND BODYTYPE
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I don't believe there is a correlation between body type and personality type (other than those frail ENTp's lol).
    Then there is at least one true belief that you are lacking.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    NO CORRELATION BETWEEN PERSONALITY AND BODYTYPE
    Wrong. You are an idiot.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

SF's tend to be endomorph --> too emotional
    ST's tend to be mesomorph --> too stupid
    IN's tend to be ectomorph --> too pessimistic
    EN's tend to be a mixture of mesomorph and ectomorph and that's perfect: EN's have intelligence and strength ha ha ha ha (imagine an evil smile on my face)
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that if you type enough people, there's more of a broad correlation between body type, and socionics type, than mere coincidence would explain; however, not so much so that I'd rule types out based on body type. A guy I've known literally all my life can only be ISTj in my judgement; yet his body type is also clearly endomorphic.

ETA: my father was SEI and very similar to myself in facial features and body type. And so on and so forth.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-Cyclops

There's a broad correlation, not a specific one. I don't think it has to be just genetic. In general, an S type will be inclined to eat more and exercise more than N type, due to different emphasis. This will have an impact on a persons type of build - generally speaking of course.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, but body types is not what you are referring to. You can be endomorphic and skinny, and mesomorphic and fat (ectomorphic and very fat is more difficult I think).
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-Cyclops

Sure.. I was thinking in terms of when you look at someone, we may in conversation use the term body type to describe a fatty or what have you. It seems the type of build a person may be more relevant than body type is what I mean..although I don't rule any of it out as a rule. Apologies for the confusion.

Creepy-Cyclops

Default Re this whole body type theory

Something else to add: Sheldon based this on the concept of three embryonic tissue types. He also tried to link his body type to personality type..and he failed, interestingly.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I'm some kind of endo/meso mix. That 100% perfectly valid test told me I was a 1.58.
    I got exactly the same result. And I took the test because I knew I'm either endo or meso.

I do gain and lose weight depending on what I eat and how much exercise I do and I'm usually around medium weight, so I might be mesomorph. But I might be endomorph in stead - I have very slow metabolism - my heart rate is typically 60-70 per minute. When I exercised with heartbeat measuring, I saw that my heartbeat rarely goes above 90. When I ran very fast until I was winded it got to 120 briefly and slowed down very fast. I tried to stay at the "ideal" 110-130 but it was completely impossible. And I build muscles very fast and they stay for a very long time. So I think I might actually be endomorph.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    I got exactly the same result. And I took the test because I knew I'm either endo or meso.

I do gain and lose weight depending on what I eat and how much exercise I do and I'm usually around medium weight, so I might be mesomorph. But I might be endomorph in stead - I have very slow metabolism - my heart rate is typically 60-70 per minute. When I exercised with heartbeat measuring, I saw that my heartbeat rarely goes above 90. When I ran very fast until I was winded it got to 120 briefly and slowed down very fast. I tried to stay at the "ideal" 110-130 but it was completely impossible. And I build muscles very fast and they stay for a very long time. So I think I might actually be endomorph.
    16 Strength?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esper View Post
    Yeah Marilyn Monroe was INFp and more mesomorphic wasn't she?

Monroe was Fe ISFp, but yes I'd agree she looks Mesomorphic.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I didn't realize how huge Marilyn Monroe's hips were in comparison to her waste... perfect hourglass.
    Yeah, she had an amazing body.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Wrong. You are an idiot.
    You know, you'd almost get me to listen if you didn't attack my character.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I didn't realize how huge Marilyn Monroe's hips were in comparison to her waste... perfect hourglass.
    yahamanna
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want her shoes.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    You know, you'd almost get me to listen if you didn't attack my character.
    If you stop attacking my principles, I will stop calling you an idiot. I am not interested in attacking your character, because I have nothing against you as a person. I am only strongly opposed to the way you dismiss empirical evidence and stick to your prejudices.

If you express such a strong conviction as you did when you put your message in capitals, you should be damn sure that what you say is correct. But since it wasn't correct, and since you were in fact clearly wrong, I see it as an unacceptable attack on the objective truth itself, which is the only thing that I am 100 % loyal to.

As long as we can have a serious discussion about facts, hypotheses, theories, etc., and leave unfounded beliefs and personal feelings out of it, I will try to behave more "civilized".

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ecto - Mesomorph

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

MESOMORPH: 63%
    ECTOMORPH: 38%
    Last edited by Pink; 08-08-2015 at 07:19 AM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

TRAITS
    ENDOMORPH: 0%
    MESOMORPH: 88%
    ECTOMORPH: 13%

MESOMORPH.

You have a naturally fit body but, to maintain or improve it, you should adopt an exercise and diet regimen that compliments your build. You can strength train more often and for longer periods of time, but be careful not to overdo it. Train with moderate to heavy weighs and keep a moderate pace, making sure not to rest too long between sets. You'll find you gain muscle quite easily. Don't fear; you won't get "bulky." When you're happy with your muscle size, simply train to maintain. Stick to a good, healthy diet to stay lean and muscular, and watch for any slow-creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, but be careful not to overdo it.

I was VI-ed in another group and someone told me I was 40% mercurial 30% Venusian and 30% Solar. They said it was rare to be a pure body type and not a mixture of at least two.

Body Types

MERCURIAL (3D-): Named after Mercury (Hermes), in mythology the messenger god. Vulcan was the "smith" of the pantheon. This Bodytype corresponds to the Artisan Role. It is usually lean and short, as Mercury was said to be agile without being muscular. The body is energetic but is not geared for physical activity so much as for mental activity — the creation and conveyance of ideas and words. They have a low pain threshold and a tendency to hypochondria. Male Mercurials are the most prone of the Bodytypes to wear a mustache or beard. The personality is perceptive, impulsive, and restless. Mercurials look boyish or girlish rather than mannish or womanish.

VENUSIAN (3D+): Named after Venus (Aphrodite), the goddess of love and fertility. This Bodytype corresponds to the Sage Role. Consequently this is a beautiful or handsome body. I don't just mean OK to look upon. I mean it is very pleasant to look upon, whether male or female. The skin is clear of blemishes, the hair is bountiful and lush, the features are attractive to the point of being distinguished, the body is well proportioned, tending to no extreme or irregularities. They eyes are large and dark. The skin is darker than usual. Venusians could be models. Some Venusians have a tendency to let their looks go to pot.

SOLAR (2D+): Named after the Sun (Sol, Helios). This Bodytype corresponds to the Priest Role. The body is medium to tall in height, and slight of build, perhaps even fragile in appearance. The hands and feet are also long and thin. This type is not built to withstand the rigors of physical activity, but their presence is distinctive and impressive, with a tendency to wide shoulders. The features are refined and delicate, and have a youthful appearance. The forehead is broad and the eyes are set widely. The skin seems transparent if not luminescent — they almost shine with an inner light. The hair is silky and shiny. The overall impression is ethereal, otherworldly or angelic — not of this earth. Their behavior is "airy" — exuberant, graceful and childlike.
    Last edited by Aylen; 08-08-2015 at 04:54 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i'm sure that i'm primarily an Endomorph, with a few traits of the other 2 types. i always have carried extra fat, i'm pear-shaped, "soft"-looking, gain muscle easily, don't lose fat easily, and have slim wrists, ankles, and a long neck.

weirdly, the bodybuilding.com test gave me these results, saying that i'm primarily a Mesomorph, but i know that isn't right.

ENDOMORPH: 50%
    MESOMORPH: 13%

side note: i find myself often attracted to men that have Ectomorph traits. opposites attract? ;P

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's me.

Yep.... rings true ime also and what i would have predicted.

TRAITS
    MESOMORPH: 38%

YOUR BODY IS BETWEEN AN
    ENDOMORPH AND A MESOMORPH.

Endomorph: Your biggest concern should be losing fat and adopting a lifestyle that keeps it off. Strength training should be done to get a better muscle-to-fat ratio, which will help to boost your metabolism. Use moderate weights at a fast training pace, allowing for very little rest between sets and exercises. Lower your calorie intake and eat frequent but small meals to make sure you're still getting adequate nutrition. Eliminate sugar, sweets, and junk food from your diet. Get your heart pumping by engaging in some form of daily activity such as brisk walking or biking.

Mesomorph: You have a naturally fit body but, to maintain or improve it, you should adopt an exercise and diet regimen that compliments your build. You can strength train more often and for longer periods of time, but be careful not to overdo it. Train with moderate to heavy weighs and keep a moderate pace, making sure not to rest too long between sets. You'll find you gain muscle quite easily. Don't fear; you won't get "bulky." When you're happy with your muscle size, simply train to maintain. Stick to a good, healthy diet to stay lean and muscular, and watch for any slow-creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, but be careful not to overdo it.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENDOMORPH: 63%
    ECTOMORPH: 0%

I'd always been an hour glass with more padding. Now I'm definitely fat, but my high waist is hidden by the clothes that fit the chest and hips, making me look even bigger. The only way I can lose weight is if I drastically cut carbs and eat multiple meals during the day. But I can't afford to eat that way. PCOS, anxiety, and carbs don't work well together, heh.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    i'm sure that i'm primarily an Endomorph, with a few traits of the other 2 types. i always have carried extra fat, i'm pear-shaped, "soft"-looking, gain muscle easily, don't lose fat easily, and have slim wrists, ankles, and a long neck.

weirdly, the bodybuilding.com test gave me these results, saying that i'm primarily a Mesomorph, but i know that isn't right.

MESOMORPH: 13%

side note: i find myself often attracted to men that have Ectomorph traits. opposites attract? ;P
    that's weird it said you're a mesomorph, since that's your lowest score... something went screwy there, I think..

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    ENDOMORPH: 63%
    ECTOMORPH: 0%

I'd always been an hour glass with more padding. Now I'm definitely fat, but my high waist is hidden by the clothes that fit the chest and hips, making me look even bigger. The only way I can lose weight is if I drastically cut carbs and eat multiple meals during the day. But I can't afford to eat that way. PCOS, anxiety, and carbs don't work well together, heh.
    We have almost the same body type, hi 5 girl!!!

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    that's weird it said you're a mesomorph, since that's your lowest score... something went screwy there, I think..
    i wonder if it's the quiz's way of resolving the fact that the two highest scores are Endo and Ecto, because i don't think it's possible to be a combination Ecto-Endo type.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    i wonder if it's the quiz's way of resolving the fact that the two highest scores are Endo and Ecto, because i don't think it's possible to be a combination Ecto-Endo type.
    glam, seems you are a supernatural being

I'm surprised though that endo-ecto doesn't exist...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

50% ecto 50% meso

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

ok for me from post #81 I'm like the Te/Se/ISTx one, that fits my type

in the body type test a mesomorph:

ENDOMORPH: 25%

and from the michaelteachings site that Aylen mentioned, I'm some mix of martial + lunar + venusian and/or saturnine

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Looks as more eating and physical training makes people extraverted.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Causation? No.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mesomorph, not a surprise.
    Wide shoulders, ran track in school, can build muscle quickly (too quickly, from too much testosterone - it is also thinning my hair in back But the cure for that is worse than the disease).
    The surprise is I got exactly the same score as Myst:

The test must have very limited resolution.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Mesomorph, not a surprise.
    Wide shoulders, ran track in school, can build muscle quickly (too quickly, from too much testosterone - it is also thinning my hair in back But the cure for that is worse than the disease).
    The surprise is I got exactly the same score as Myst:

The test must have very limited resolution.
    They do ask what your gender is in the test though...

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I feel like my body type is mostly mesomorphic leaning on endomoprhic, my test results showing the same. Incidentally, I find people of similar body types (meso and endomorphs) to be most physically and aesthetically appealing.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perfect is subjective

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast