Thread: How does it feel to be physically attractive ?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Most of the really attractive females that I've met are actually very, very insecure about the way they look.
    Yeah. They suck.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have yet to meet an extremely attractive, insecure woman.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I have yet to meet an extremely attractive, insecure woman.
    Maybe you refer to them as 'stuck up bitches'?
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say it doesn't really "feel" like anything. The feelings begin when you compare yourself to others or are complimented (or not). It's not like some fundamental source of confidence; it's more like something that's just there.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the most difficult thing about attraction is that it serves as a shroud. The idea of being attracted to someone and "falling in love" based on how someone looks cuts away from the various forms of compatibility that are necessary for certain kinds of relationships to be successful. But attraction is a big part of making one night stands successful, etc.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to add something. I think a lot of people fear looking arrogant, so they hide the fact that they are attractive. This is a stupid technique. As I said, my best friend takes this idea on board, and he's well liked by a lot of people. Except he takes it too far.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I want to add something. I think a lot of people fear looking arrogant, so they hide the fact that they are attractive.
    mmhmm

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    I want to add something. I think a lot of people fear looking arrogant, so they hide the fact that they are attractive. This is a stupid technique. As I said, my best friend takes this idea on board, and he's well liked by a lot of people. Except he takes it too far.
    I agree, this is a very stupid technique, and is merely a more indirect form of egotism. what the fuck is there to hide? if you're hot, you're hot. it's not cocky if it's true - and you can sense if it's true (confidence) not just by someone's looks, but by their whole presence.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I agree, this is a very stupid technique, and is merely a more indirect form of egotism. what the fuck is there to hide? if you're hot, you're hot. it's not cocky if it's true - and you can sense if it's true (confidence) not just by someone's looks, but by their whole presence.
    Definitely

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Definitely
    And that's my cue to explain what "presence" means logically. It's the intentioned flow of energy from one function to its dual, which rivets everything around it.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yeah, the new generation, instead in the good 'ol days everybody just got the boyfriend/girlfriend their parents choose. That was fun! Like a russian roulette
    Yes but it meant lots of drama, too. I would never marry someone outside of my own psychic domain... too much drama.

People ask why there are so many divorces nowadays, so many painful breakups? It's because you have so many traditionalists marrying adaptists, conservatives marrying liberals. The attraction is white hot in youth, but once the transcendent function emerges it breaks apart faster than magnets of the same pole.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    With that statement I was talking about men who think they are god's gift to woman, or obese woman who show a lot of skin and boast about how hot they are. I don't know, I think a little modesty is always appreciated by the general public.
    lmao, ok, I see what you mean.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    With that statement I was talking about men who think they are god's gift to woman, or obese woman who show a lot of skin and boast about how hot they are. I don't know, I think a little modesty is always appreciated by the general public.

I hate those obese women. I carry a silenced pistol, gloves, and a hairnet just for them.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*points at crazedtwat's....ahem...er...crazedrat's sig*

lol
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with those who say it has more to do with how you carry yourself. Being married, you don't have to worry about getting hit on (for the most part) so it's safe and fun to be friendly and confident. Much easier to enjoy one's own attractiveness when you're not nervous about attracting the wrong sort.

The other thing I'll throw in here is that as you get older (middle-aged like me), putting a bit of work into your appearance doesn't mean you have negative self-esteem. It actually means the opposite.
    IEI-Fe 4w3