Thread: How does it feel to be physically attractive ?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're asking everyone? As if you're the only ugly dude on the forum?
    Voted best beach in the world by yahoo 728 times!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Garmonbozia View Post
    You're asking everyone? As if you're the only ugly dude on the forum?
    I'm asking everyone who's actually far more attractive than average.

For example, some chicks feel insecure because they're very attractive, and may think "do they think I'm a fuckin' whore or something ?" because they're feminist retards.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    For example, some chicks feel insecure because they're very attractive, and may think "do they think I'm a fuckin' whore or something ?" because they're feminist retards.
    Huh. Explain this more.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    I'm asking everyone who's actually far more attractive than average.

Some people find me attractive. Some people find me sort of creepy looking. I'm among the latter half.

(This is the most recent photo of my me. For reference and stuff. I'm not the silly bald guy who is trying to look cool.)

It annoys me when people comment on my appearance. Not because I feel like an object but because I crave praise (okay, I said it) and I don't want to complements on things that I don't work on. If I put make up on or fixed my hair I'm sure I would be very flattered. As it is I want people to say nice things about stuff that I have to put an effort into. Anyway, I look 12.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm not claiming to be exceptionally attractive myself and I never would, but I could see why attractive people would be more insecure as the only thing they're ever judged on is their appearance.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Well, I'm not claiming to be exceptionally attractive myself and I never would, but I could see why attractive people would be more insecure as the only thing they're ever judged on is their appearance.
    You mean there's more to them??
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    You mean there's more to them??
    Aww luis, don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure you have SOME personality deep down...

Quote Originally Posted by Garmonbozia View Post
    Some people find me attractive. Some people find me sort of creepy looking. I'm among the latter half.

It annoys me when people comment on my appearance. Not because I feel like an object but because I crave praise (okay, I said it) and I don't want to complements on things that I don't work on. If I put make up on or fixed my hair I'm sure I would be very flattered. As it is I want people to say nice things about stuff that I have to put an effort into. Anyway, I look 12.
    It honestly annoys you? Wow.

I'm kind of the opposite. I don't put much effort into my appearance really. Eye make up sometimes...
    So when girls get praised for having great hair or skin when they're actually wearing a ton of make up and straightening their hair every morning before people see them.... it's kind of amusing.

Like false compliments.
    I mean... I guess they ARE compliments. But only as "hey, you used that make up really well... you can make yourself look attractive with it. Nice effort. " instead of "you're beautiful"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    Aww luis, don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure you have SOME personality deep down...
    That's the best backhanded complement i've ever received.

Fuck you too.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post

It honestly annoys you? Wow.

I'm kind of the opposite. I don't put much effort into my appearance really. Eye make up sometimes...
    So when girls get praised for having great hair or skin when they're actually wearing a ton of make up and straightening their hair every morning before people see them.... it's kind of amusing.

Like false compliments.
    I mean... I guess they ARE compliments. But only as "hey, you used that make up really well... you can make yourself look attractive with it. Nice effort. " instead of "you're beautiful"
    Yeah, I want an E for effort. Other wise people are complimenting my parentage which is shitty at best.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    I wish I was uglier, so I can actually have drive to accomplish some satisfying work. Instead I tend to take extremely long breaks in front of a mirror just staring in narcissistic glee at some of my well apportioned facial features. When the time could be much better served reading or doing productive labour.

This time, for example, could have been better used to read about something interesting rather than inform this thread about how physically attractive I am.

I spent my morning thinking about how rich and successful I can become someday without even lifting a finger. How basically everyone will listen to what I have to say, no matter how vapid or controversial a proposal. I'll probably live a longer life than most of you just because there are far fewer things I have to worry about, and this brings immense satisfaction.

Really though, it's a fairly lethargic, self-satisfied and quite a bourgeois lifestyle compared to most.

Does this answer your question?
    Let's see those pics...

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only 1 old pic for now... I'll take the rest when I feel like it...
    I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes
    Then you can tell the forum that I'm being serious.
    Jxrtes is being serious, forum.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Security and insecurity aren't a result of one's appearance (though one's appearance can be the result of security or insecurity).
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only 1 old pic for now... I'll take the rest when I feel like it.

proffesional super glam pic taken last year.
    Lance Bass <3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Most of the really attractive females that I've met are actually very, very insecure about the way they look.
    Yeah. They suck.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have yet to meet an extremely attractive, insecure woman.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I have yet to meet an extremely attractive, insecure woman.
    Maybe you refer to them as 'stuck up bitches'?

- Voltaire

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say it doesn't really "feel" like anything. The feelings begin when you compare yourself to others or are complimented (or not). It's not like some fundamental source of confidence; it's more like something that's just there.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the most difficult thing about attraction is that it serves as a shroud. The idea of being attracted to someone and "falling in love" based on how someone looks cuts away from the various forms of compatibility that are necessary for certain kinds of relationships to be successful. But attraction is a big part of making one night stands successful, etc.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to add something. I think a lot of people fear looking arrogant, so they hide the fact that they are attractive. This is a stupid technique. As I said, my best friend takes this idea on board, and he's well liked by a lot of people. Except he takes it too far.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I want to add something. I think a lot of people fear looking arrogant, so they hide the fact that they are attractive.
    mmhmm

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    I want to add something. I think a lot of people fear looking arrogant, so they hide the fact that they are attractive. This is a stupid technique. As I said, my best friend takes this idea on board, and he's well liked by a lot of people. Except he takes it too far.
    I agree, this is a very stupid technique, and is merely a more indirect form of egotism. what the fuck is there to hide? if you're hot, you're hot. it's not cocky if it's true - and you can sense if it's true (confidence) not just by someone's looks, but by their whole presence.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I agree, this is a very stupid technique, and is merely a more indirect form of egotism. what the fuck is there to hide? if you're hot, you're hot. it's not cocky if it's true - and you can sense if it's true (confidence) not just by someone's looks, but by their whole presence.
    Definitely

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Definitely
    And that's my cue to explain what "presence" means logically. It's the intentioned flow of energy from one function to its dual, which rivets everything around it.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yeah, the new generation, instead in the good 'ol days everybody just got the boyfriend/girlfriend their parents choose. That was fun! Like a russian roulette
    Yes but it meant lots of drama, too. I would never marry someone outside of my own psychic domain... too much drama.

People ask why there are so many divorces nowadays, so many painful breakups? It's because you have so many traditionalists marrying adaptists, conservatives marrying liberals. The attraction is white hot in youth, but once the transcendent function emerges it breaks apart faster than magnets of the same pole.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    With that statement I was talking about men who think they are god's gift to woman, or obese woman who show a lot of skin and boast about how hot they are. I don't know, I think a little modesty is always appreciated by the general public.
    lmao, ok, I see what you mean.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    With that statement I was talking about men who think they are god's gift to woman, or obese woman who show a lot of skin and boast about how hot they are. I don't know, I think a little modesty is always appreciated by the general public.

I hate those obese women. I carry a silenced pistol, gloves, and a hairnet just for them.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*points at crazedtwat's....ahem...er...crazedrat's sig*

lol
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with those who say it has more to do with how you carry yourself. Being married, you don't have to worry about getting hit on (for the most part) so it's safe and fun to be friendly and confident. Much easier to enjoy one's own attractiveness when you're not nervous about attracting the wrong sort.

The other thing I'll throw in here is that as you get older (middle-aged like me), putting a bit of work into your appearance doesn't mean you have negative self-esteem. It actually means the opposite.
    IEI-Fe 4w3