Thread: Race & Impact on Personality Types

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like it was mentioned before, people of different races either identify with or grow up in a culture which kind of gives a 'flair' to their personality. So I grew up and lived most of my life in a pretty conservative town in South America where Se and Fe is very strong. Generally Beta values are seen as important, the 'ideal' man is SLE. I mention this because the culture feels a bit like old-fashioned latino culture, where the gender roles are well-defined and men are sexist. I'm sure many people living in big Latin American cities will disagree with me, but the towns far away from the capitals feel very traditional and aggressive overall.
    Neither of my parents are Beta, and both of them have weak Se, and I myself am not a Se-valuer (afaik) and despite that I naturally developed some Se, and rejected some Delta/Alpha Ne values like childishness, weakness, etc. Most of the people I met there either rejected the local culture completely (Deltas) or embraced it (Betas) and so I met very few Alphas and Gammas over my 14 years living there. In fact, most of the Alphas (and one ILI) I met which were my friends, were from other cities/provinces or foreigners.

So my country in general and especially the town where I lived, had an Se 'flavour'. North America feels more Gamma or Te-valuing to me, I see a lot of Gammas here which were very rare where I used to live. And I don't think that's a coincidence but it's a cultural thing rather than a racial thing.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Banana King View Post
    Like it was mentioned before, people of different races either identify with or grow up in a culture which kind of gives a 'flair' to their personality. So I grew up and lived most of my life in a pretty conservative town in South America where Se and Fe is very strong. Generally Beta values are seen as important, the 'ideal' man is SLE. I mention this because the culture feels a bit like old-fashioned latino culture, where the gender roles are well-defined and men are sexist. I'm sure many people living in big Latin American cities will disagree with me, but the towns far away from the capitals feel very traditional and aggressive overall.
    Neither of my parents are Beta, and both of them have weak Se, and I myself am not a Se-valuer (afaik) and despite that I naturally developed some Se, and rejected some Delta/Alpha Ne values like childishness, weakness, etc. Most of the people I met there either rejected the local culture completely (Deltas) or embraced it (Betas) and so I met very few Alphas and Gammas over my 14 years living there. In fact, most of the Alphas (and one ILI) I met which were my friends, were from other cities/provinces or foreigners.

So my country in general and especially the town where I lived, had an Se 'flavour'. North America feels more Gamma or Te-valuing to me, I see a lot of Gammas here which were very rare where I used to live. And I don't think that's a coincidence but it's a cultural thing rather than a racial thing.
    I think in the States it’s more along the lines of big city vs smaller towns. The big cities operate on Fe and the smaller towns who are more financially self-sufficient are Te. I was born and raised in Los Angeles, been in and out of LA my entire life. I live in LA now and much of it hasn’t changed. The culture is still super Fe: you’re trying to effect the emotional atmosphere. You want people to notice you by how you’re acting around them. Granted, in big cities it’s Fe sociability, but it’s awfully fake. You’d be hard pressed to make a real friend. I’ve had countless new people take my number and say they’ll call me and we’ll go hangout (they’re transplants, I do have friends whom I grew up with here and we’re solid). Never heard from them again, even when I message them to go places. It’s very Alpha in the big cities which I absolutely hate. I get along with small town people who are Te oriented and we have much to say to each other. Big cities, I basically wanna kill everyone cuz they’re so fake.