Since y'all have such a wonderful community, I thought it would be only appropriate to introduce myself before crashing in

Hi...my name is Josh...and I'm an ENFj

Actually I am a weird kind of EIE/ENFj. As a child I was *extremely* introverted and always thinking and inventing things. I started programming in C-language at the age of 7-- algorithms and cracking machine code were my forte. Also, as a kid I was very earthy and outdoorsy-- mud, colorful flowers and gigantic leaves being my primary enjoyments. We used to play "oregon trail" alot. I started grappling arts and physical training at 13, and have loved it since. Are these traits not characteristic of sensing and thinking functions? 'Cause that really confuses me if I'm an ENFj. [[gardening is still a hobby of mine, btw]]

Again, to put me in a social setting was like burying a trout in desert sand. You cannot imagine how so SOOO WEIRD it was for me to gradually morph into a social creature- to thrive (oh horror!) on being around people. Right now I'm 17, and consistently test as ENFj-- all of the descriptions are frighteningly accurate. Except one thing. For some crazy reason my logic and reasoning (from bein' a programmer) haven't left me, though for some reason they are only at 100% effectiveness when I'm being "introverted."

Which brings me to my next question-- is it possible to have two separately developed personalities? Around high-energy people, I can't help but be all , but alone or around some types of introverts, I flip into being all laid back with alot of (seems like it, but idk). Both modes are perfectly comfortable and "normal" for me. If I had to choose one with which to live out the rest of my life, either would be quite pleasant.

If I'm just plumb blessed, then I'll accept it and try to put myself to good use, but if this is normal then I must admit I am thoroughly confuzed!!