Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    just saw this thread.

Si is not health. end of discussion.
    No, is not health. But it's certainly not the end of the discussion. If there's a misconception, we need to find the root of it and bring light to the causes of the misconception.

It is also good to note that while is not health, there might be some connection between it and health that can be better elucidated by discussing the relationship. On the other hand, your quick, dismissive comments sound arrogant and foolish, even if you have a valid point.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Seriously. what.is.going.on?
    Um...

I think I'm responsible for all this behavior.

I switched to delta, bionicgoat followed me, then dolphin came too?
    And now we have all these weird side effects:

-Dolphin is becoming Roosevelt's #1 fan
    -LV is encouraging it
    -The SEI's are getting confused
    -I'm dizzy
    -I'm hungry
    -Heath is quickly falling in love with his "identical"

PREDICTIONS:

-Dolphin won't quit delta til I do
    -I might go eat something soon
    -Or study because I'm failing
    -Heath will find out she's been pretending to be ISTp this whole time, so all the "lol"'s and "your amazing"'s will be meaningless
    -He will realize that he likes her anyway, even when she quits acting all SLI and becomes SEI again
    -They will come to the Myrtle Beach meet-up in Aug as an adorable SLI couple and live happily ever after

maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    Um...

I think I'm responsible for all this behavior.

I switched to delta, bionicgoat followed me, then dolphin came too?
    And now we have all these weird side effects:

-Dolphin is becoming Roosevelt's #1 fan
    -LV is encouraging it
    -The SEI's are getting confused
    -I'm dizzy
    -I'm hungry
    -Heath is quickly falling in love with his "identical"

PREDICTIONS:

-Dolphin won't quit delta til I do
    -I might go eat something soon
    -Or study because I'm failing
    -Heath will find out she's been pretending to be ISTp this whole time, so all the "lol"'s and "your amazing"'s will be meaningless
    -He will realize that he likes her anyway, even when she quits acting all SLI and becomes SEI again
    -They will come to the Myrtle Beach meet-up in Aug as an adorable SLI couple and live happily ever after

oh i know it is an act, i think it is a hiliarious act. i love funny girls.
    asd

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JRiddy
    No, Si is not health. But it's certainly not the end of the discussion. If there's a misconception, we need to find the root of it and bring light to the causes of the misconception.
    it's the end of the discussion because that was the question that started the discussion. I wasn't exactly being literal.

Quote Originally Posted by JRiddy
    On the other hand, your quick, dismissive comments sound arrogant and foolish
    Oh really? Well, if there's someone who can provide accurate definitions of functions, it's me. how's that for arrogant?

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    oh i know it is an act, i think it is a hiliarious act. i love funny girls.

Awww, you guys missed the state of shock and deceit and are skipping ahead to forgiveness and happily ever after?

Well I hope you two are still planning on visiting me together.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awww, you guys missed the state of shock and deceit and are skipping ahead to forgiveness and happily ever after?

Well I hope you two are still planning on visiting me together.
    we're gonna bone you. as one.
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just saw this thread.

Si is not health. end of discussion.

did you read the posts in the thread?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    lol, LV, dolphin, bee, kam, etc? Granted you haven't physically met them.
    most of these people aren't si(loki is the only one of the bunch who even begins to make an argument). most of them are Ne. don't be shocked.
    asd

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we're gonna bone you. as one.
    Eh, I'll pass.

most of these people aren't si(loki is the only one of the bunch who even begins to make an argument). most of them are Ne. don't be shocked.
    I doubt it.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stfu

nice mistyping btw

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    I'm so hurt. The tears are falling thick and fast into my beer.
    ROFL
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin
    I'm so hurt. The tears are falling thick and fast into my beer.
    lol wtf is it with you tonight? you're some depressive alcoholic.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol wtf is it with you tonight? you're some depressive alcoholic.
    Give her a break. She's trying to find her leaden ISTp feet.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the way dolphin has adopted this dry, sarcastic tone, and no longer uses emoticons.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always been kinda lazy about my physical maintenance, but unwilling to put up with poor health. So I swim back & forth between barely fit and amazingly fit, mainly because I have really good genes.
    Since I've had some serious injuries in my past, I actually have to do quite a bit to keep myself in good shape, but I've evolved habits that make it seem easy.
    For example, my pancreas was damaged in a car wreck, so I have a limited diet. This means there's a lot of stuff I can't eat, but because I discipline myself to stay away from most of my no-nos, I do kinda indulge on what's allowed. And I still drink alcohol, even though that's one of the biggest no-nos of all. Sometimes I can drink 3 beers in a night; other times I can't even finish one - and I couldn't tell you what signal my body gives me to let me know where my situational limit is, but it has yet to steer me wrong.
    Also, I exercise almost every single day, but we're talking about half an hour of simple Chi Gong or Yoga, not two hours of intense cardio. So it's not a time constraint, and I don't have to push myself like a fucking drill seargant ... but if I skip my morning workout, I can feel it the rest of the day. It's a very clear cause-and-effect relationship that makes it easy to enforce the habit.
    If I could keep myself in shape by just going out to play like when I was a kid, I would *not* do formal exercising. But if I don't ensure that 1/2 hour of purposeful movement, I get stiff from the rest of my sittin' around - even on the days when I do go out & play later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for the record? I'm a HUGE health nut. Run 35 miles a week, plus weights and pilates.

I'm totally vain, I'll admit it. But so long as I don't get a superiority complex about it, I figure I'm good. And I don't- I may be vain, but I'm not arrogant. I just like looking good!
    ISFp <3

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Si is about connections in readily observable processes.
    [hr:201b702d36]
    Being a dynamic information element, Si sees activity. It's about something happening, or "processes". See examples below.

For Si, "readily observable" sometimes means that it's immediately apparent to the person experiencing whatever it is that's going on (though it can also mean "readily observable" as in the example below). If someone is experiencing discomfort because of back pain, that person may be the only one who knows it, but it's still immediately apparent to that individual. In this example, the "connections" are between the person, the pain, and the resulting experience of discomfort.

A person can see those "connections" between other things/people too though. A good example may be the workings of a machine. In this example, it may be easiest to compare and contrast Te and Si. As the gears are turning and the motor is running and whatnot, Te sees the activity of each of these components in and of itself. Si, on the other hand, sees the connections between each of those components, how one gear turns another which is causing something else to happen.

Edited to add: The ability to see these "connections in readily observable processes" is what compels/allows Si types to be good at taking care of people and being attentive to their needs.
    The human body is a machine, btw.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    35 miles? wtf. Such. Willpower.
    There was an English teacher at my old college who ran five miles a day. Or it could've been six. I don't remember. It is true self-discipline.

Running is also bad for your knees. Walking/hiking, cycling and swimming are better exercises. Also, running every other day, and working out on the days you don't run (i.e. every other day), with perhaps one day rest, is a good exercise regime.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    There was an English teacher at my old college who ran five miles a day. Or it could've been six. I don't remember. It is true self-discipline.
    I just biked 210 kms, with 4200 metres of total height
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I just biked 210 kms, with 4200 metres of total height
    Awesome, Superman.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just ate a pizza.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Running is also bad for your knees. Walking/hiking, cycling and swimming are better exercises. Also, running every other day, and working out on the days you don't run (i.e. every other day), with perhaps one day rest, is a good exercise regime.
    That's what I do! I run 5 miles every morning, 6 days a week. I love it!And when I get "lazy" and skip a day, I do 10 miles the next day. I'm training for a half marathon right now, actually.

And yes, it is pretty hard on the knees. I take joint health vitamins and they help a lot, but I still have to watch my form and get new shoes often, etc, meticulously.

I'm taking the ACE Personal Trainer Certification exam in a month or so, too, to top the 'health nut' stereotype off.
    ISFp <3

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I just ate a pizza.
    I hate modesty.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate modesty.
    Yeah you hate lots of things.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The idea that Si = concern for health, and that Si Ego block people would thus be engaged in healthy habits, involves several layers of misconceptions.

First, Si was associated with health because it involves our awareness of our own physical nature. In a primitive sense, being aware of this is very important for maintaining health. But in modern times, being informed about the latest and most authoritative information regarding health is probably at least as important as anything related to Si, if not more so.

Second, the ego block functions are actually simply the ones that a person tends to "lead" in; so we would expect Si ego block people to take the lead in caring for other people's physical needs. However, basically everybody takes care of their own basic physical needs to some extent no matter where Si is in their Model A.

Third, if an IM Element is in a prominent position, it is typically considered that this should be expressed "positively" in a person...E.g., Si ego block types should engage in healthy habits, Fe ego block types should be warm, friendly, and enthusiastic, and so forth. But actually, the IM Elements only show what a person's "field of awareness" is, and the individual may use this "for good or bad." Thus, someone focused on Si might run every day and eat all natural food; or, he/she might eat junk food and abuse drugs. The only connection is that both of these people are focusing on the physical aspect and how it affects their personal physical state.

I think these differences are one of the reasons why people have gotten into the whole +/- thing, supposing that we might consider that SLIs are the healthy ones and SEIs the ones that do drugs, or the other way around (depending on your point of view).

But that logic seems to be motivated by a desire to explain everything via Socionics and presume therefore that it must be the creative function (in this case) that accounts for the differences....whereas there are probably people both SEI and SLI who maintain healthy habits, and others of both types who don't.

What I think could be said is that forgetting to eat, or staying up because of an interesting conversation and not even noticing that one is tired, or thinking that one's physical needs are to be conquered ("If only I didn't have to sleep") would all be characteristic of people with weak and/or devalued Si.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree. i haven't met a single si person who isn't sort of on the gluttonous side.

What if they are creative Si?

I also know a lot of Si athelets. THe yare really fit, although they do seem to be able to gain and lose weight quickly, and if they didn't excercize soo much, they may not be as thin as they are right now.

Maybe later in life they will gain weight.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    What I think could be said is that forgetting to eat, or staying up because of an interesting conversation and not even noticing that one is tired, or thinking that one's physical needs are to be conquered ("If only I didn't have to sleep") would all be characteristic of people with weak and/or devalued Si.
    Yes. I have this problem. It is major and at times in my life really affects my ability to function properly.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
    What if they are creative Si?

I also know a lot of Si athelets. THe yare really fit, although they do seem to be able to gain and lose weight quickly, and if they didn't excercize soo much, they may not be as thin as they are right now.

Maybe later in life they will gain weight.
    I'm actually of this type of athlete. I like eating very much, but I also like being active. It's hard for me not to eat when I'm not active.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I just ate a pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatik View Post
    That's what I do! I run 5 miles every morning, 6 days a week. I love it!And when I get "lazy" and skip a day, I do 10 miles the next day. I'm training for a half marathon right now, actually.

And yes, it is pretty hard on the knees. I take joint health vitamins and they help a lot, but I still have to watch my form and get new shoes often, etc, meticulously.

I'm taking the ACE Personal Trainer Certification exam in a month or so, too, to top the 'health nut' stereotype off.
    See, I could never sacrifice a) my knees and b) my time. If I was truly struggling to keep up in the OTC, then I would start training. But I'm not, so I don't feel the need to run. I used to a run a fair bit, but I periodically stopped, and I'm on one of my stoppages right now, and haven't yet felt the need to continue.

I'm actually of this type of athlete. I like eating very much, but I also like being active. It's hard for me not to eat when I'm not active.
    Are you an ectomorph, Fabio?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:
    Are you an ectomorph, Fabio?
    Nah, I'm meso/ecto I think

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my ISFp friend was fat as when he was in school. Hes like 6'2 and he used to get picked on a bit.

Well he ended up getting married and thinned off quite a lot. Hes now decided hes joining the army and his wife told me he is going absolutely nuts on the exercise. I saw him the other day and i was like WTF
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me, too. I have chunky genes and I was a fat kid up until high school.
    ISFp <3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I have friends who forget to eat, and it baffles me. I *never* forget to eat, no matter how focused I am on something.
    I can occasionally get into a conversation to the point of not being willing to end it even if I'm tired, but this doesn't happen often, and as I get older (ugh, what a phrase), I've become more likely to mention to the other party that we can reconvene another time for this reason.
    As for sleep, I've had a turnaround in my attitude. I was a childhood insomniac, and usually only slept a couple of hours every 2 or 3 nights up until I had a bad car wreck at the age of 19. After the wreck, my body insisted on 10-14 hours a day for several months, and only after about five years did I finally get down to the standard 6-8 without suffering badly for having missed rest. Even now I have a hard time skipping sleep, and not getting enough for a few days in a row will turn me into a miserable creature that I almost don't recognize as myself.
    For a time, I truly resented having to sleep so much. I mean, I went from so little to so much, it really felt like I was missing out on a significant portion of my life. But eventually I accepted it as something I cannot supercede - sleep is a need, and all I have to do to fulfill that need is lie down when I'm tired.
    Now my attitude is: Sleep is cheap! Without enough, my health suffers ... there's no point in getting more than I need, but there's no excuse for not getting enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never been concerned with my health...how fat i look is my number one concern and the determining factor in what i eat or don't eat. I happen to enjoy very healthy food so it's a piece of cake for me.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I've never been concerned with my health...how fat i look is my number one concern and the determining factor in what i eat or don't eat. I happen to enjoy very healthy food so it's a piece of cake for me.
    it's a piece of cake? Well that's not very healthy!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12