Thread: ENTps do you see ISFps as better than yourself?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Many ILEs try to occupy the high ground where they might appear superior without having to express it and SEIs like to build castles on high ground to protect the occupants - a match made closest to heaven. As useful and indispensable as acolytes may be, many ILEs never seem to give them their full due, as if to say: "Without me, they'd be nothing." However, most that I'd gotten to know were rather bright scientific types.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Many ILEs try to occupy the high ground where they might appear superior without having to express it and SEIs like to build castles on high ground to protect the occupants - a match made closest to heaven. As useful and indispensable as acolytes may be, many ILEs never seem to give them their full due, as if to say: "Without me, they'd be nothing." However, most that I'd gotten to know were rather bright scientific types.

a.k.a. I/O
    @Rebelondeck, I see this same behavior in the manner in which many LIEs treat ESIs. It's as if the LIE is saying, "The ESI is an OK person and is sometimes useful to me, but they are really nothing without me." I mean, you got that exactly right.

When I first saw this behavior in LIEs, I came to understand why most LIEs, in general, are considered to be complete assholes and shitheads.

In my own life, I was lucky to have an ESI approach me in 8th grade who wanted to talk about telescopes. I thought, "This guy looks weird and awkward as hell, but who cares? He's interested in the subject that I love best."
    Then, gradually, I stopped seeing his appearance and fell in love with the way we interacted. Lol.

Now, if that had never happened to me, I'd just think that most of these ESIs can't think very well and occupy most of their brain space with thoughts of how they were wronged, which is not that attractive, TBH. But the really fucking weird thing is, once I'm talking to these guys, the interaction sweeps away all thoughts of discordance and I can easily see that they have most of the parts that I need to get along in the world.