Thread: Is my type INFp or INTp?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    difference between ILI and IEI is simple.

Ask them if they are proud of their logical approach, or their humanistic approach.

ILI will say: Yeah I'm logical and I'm proud of it.

IEI will answer: Of course I'm not logical, it's harsh and wrong to not include people. I hate being logical.
    IEIs see themselves as illogical, and proud of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    To a certain extent, yes. At least in comparison to ILIs. IEIs don't prioritize logic in the same way.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    To a certain extent, yes. At least in comparison to ILIs. IEIs don't prioritize logic in the same way.
    That question was intended for the IEIs on the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol that's exactly what I thought when I saw that

fwiw, in my experience Fe/Ti types are much more likely to use the word "logic" a lot than Te/Fi types are. They're more likely to use the word "logical" when admiring someone who they think is smart, more likely to use the word "illogical" when criticizing someone who they think is stupid/foolish, etc.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    lol that's exactly what I thought when I saw that

fwiw, in my experience Fe/Ti types are much more likely to use the word "logic" a lot than Te/Fi types are. They're more likely to use the word "logical" when admiring someone who they think is smart, more likely to use the word "illogical" when criticizing someone who they think is stupid/foolish, etc.
    Basically what I'm saying is that if someone goes on and on about who/what is logical and who/what is not, odds are they're Fe/Ti.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Basically what I'm saying is that if someone goes on and on about who/what is logical and who/what is not, odds are they're Fe/Ti.
    No. That is just a myth. It is not true.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    see myself as irrational more so than illogical. Like I can be logical if I try hard and form logic better than logical types dumber than me but it seems unnatural for me to use it too much so I return to using my strong functions.

IEIs wouldn't be proud of being illogical, but probably proud of being who they are, and who they are seems like an illogical person lol
    INFp-Ni

In a world that does not know me and I do not know it.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    see myself as irrational more so than illogical. Like I can be logical if I try hard and form logic better than logical types dumber than me but it seems unnatural for me to use it too much so I return to using my strong functions.

IEIs wouldn't be proud of being illogical, but probably proud of being who they are, and who they are seems like an illogical person lol

Also, we like to think that we are very logical, it depends on the IEI your talking to. Me personally, having understood with the help of professionals my type, I find IEIs to be friendly system builders. I think people confuse Ethical, with having good intentions in mind for other people, or having an ethical thought structure. This is not the case, we actually see that our environment is more workable if people are 'happy'. It's a lot of work to keep people happy, we don't see any problem with giving them what they want, even if it's just a big lie that we are perpetuating in order to keep the working environment stable. For having witnessed the horrors that unleash when confronting people with their problems, we now understand the usefulness of perpetuating ignorance.

"There is a dark side to every smile." - Lord Java the 3rd
    Concepts, Fantasy, Strategy, and Power.

INTp