Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is my type INFp or INTp?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to remember something I relearn every time I argue with people such as yourself Elro: never make a "small point".... because they will bore in on it, and try and pretend like the "big point" never existed

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    It can't be totally false if there is evidence to support it.
    The only problem is that there is no evidence for it. And there can't be any.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Okay, I take it back. You are not an ignorant fool. You are a total jackass, and a complete moron.
    What's the difference between those terms, o carefully-worded fellow?

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    I have to remember something I relearn every time I argue with people such as yourself: never make a "small point".... because they will bore in on it, and try and pretend like the "big point" never existed
    Fair enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The only problem is that there is no evidence for it. And there can't be any.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    What's the difference between those terms, o carefully-worded fellow?
    Sorry, I don't understand those terms. I just use them. I am a computer.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What that table means is the two tests are different. It says nothing about the meaning of introversion / extraversion ... If you developed multiple socionics tests, you would probably find a similar correlation.
    I don't know if you took statistics, but .74 doesn't mean it's "seventy four percent about" ... it's a correlation score, and 74 is very strong

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

What that table means is the two tests are different. It says nothing about the meaning of introversion / extraversion ...
    You could argue that MBTI and Socionics have different tests.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally irrelevant. Don't you understand the difference between a test result and a dichotomy? Don't you understand what a type is?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Totally irrelevant. Don't you understand the difference between a test result and a dichotomy? Don't you understand what a type is?
    Look, stop this verbal wankery. The Extroversion category for the Big Five was developed from Jungian ideas of extroversion\introversion. If you are unable to appreciate this, then you are clearly an idiot. I don't even need to point this out.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.............. no shit, and you would be right. You could also argue that socionics.com has a different test from socionics.org ..

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow.. he really doesn't understand.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    I have respect for you, Loki, but now you will shut up with this nonsense, because you know better than questioning the obvious, don't you? Yes, you do. Therefore you will accept the truth or lose my respect.
    Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? Because you are being especially "mean" to everyone (unless they agree with you). I've read through a number of your posts today, and have been musing to myself that they are a little more adversarial than usual. Perhaps you are "cracking down" on all of the 'incorrect idiotic thinking' you see floating about? I can't imagine you would honestly think that threatening others in this way will get them to agree with you... so why do it then?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI becomes quickly annoyed with stupid opinions being pushed over on the general public.. like I said earlier, it is a matter of keeping shit off the walls. After all, it is the ILIs role in the socion to make others aware of their "critical observations" ... many times this translates into trampling over the social structures which interfere with the reformation in mind... Fe PolR

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Research shows that if a person takes the same test many years apart, the two tests results would correlate on average by about 77%. This is higher than if a person takes two tests supposedly testing the same thing on one day. Which shows you are wrong to say a MBTI type = the same Socionics type.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look, stop this verbal wankery. The Extroversion category for the Big Five was developed from Jungian ideas of extroversionintroversion. If you are unable to appreciate this, then you are clearly an idiot. I don't even need to point this out.
    You are obviously incapable of using your brain. You continue to point out totally irrelevant facts while missing the logical links between them. Change your hardware, please. It's not functioning properly.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? Because you are being especially "mean" to everyone (unless they agree with you). I've read through a number of your posts today, and have been musing to myself that they are a little more adversarial than usual. Perhaps you are "cracking down" on all of the 'incorrect idiotic thinking' you see floating about? I can't imagine you would honestly think that threatening others in this way will get them to agree with you... so why do it then?
    How many times do you have to tell people the truth until they accept it? I don't know yet, but the number is not low, that's for sure. It's really incredible this phenomenon. That people are actually so totally incompetetent in some respects. Fascinating ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many times do you have to tell people the truth until they accept it? I don't know yet, but the number is not low, that's for sure. It's really incredible this phenomenon. That people are actually so totally incompetetent in some respects. Fascinating ...
    People don't accept things as truth just because you repeat it a lot of times. That's what I was trying to say earlier in the thread.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Research shows that if a person takes the same test many years apart, the two tests results would correlate on average by about 77%. This is higher than if a person takes two tests supposedly testing the same thing on one day. Which shows you are wrong to say a MBTI type = the same Socionics type.
    Another example of incorrect logical reasoning. (I suppose you were right, crazedrat. Subterranean simply doesn't understand.)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    People don't accept things as truth just because you repeat it a lot of times.
    Exactly my point. You just have to repeat something a couple of times, and suddenly people's brains cease to function. They seem to react like the dogs of Pavlov. What I fail to understand though, is why all of them make the exact same logical error -- that just because you tell them a true statement, they automatically believe that it is a false statement ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The paragraph you just wrote makes... absolutely no fucking-shit-in-a-bucket-sense.

........K. (Calm down and don't cuss him out, Ian)
    Answer me this:
    Suppose there are two socionics tests... Socionic test A, and Socionic test B. (which yes, there are different socionics tests). Suppose a person took both of these tests. Are you telling me they would, without a doubt, correlate 100 percent with one another? (The results..)
    The obvious answer is: No.
    Why? This is a matter of test integrity. It has nothing to do with socionics theory, myers briggs theory, or fucking Carl Jung... it has to do with how the test was written, and that it is flawed, and that it doesn't coherently express or fully penetrate to its intended theoretical purpose.
    k?
    What this means: That if an MBTI test doesn't correlate with a socionics test.. this says nothing on whether socionics and MBTI theory are compatible or incompatible. It only speaks to the tests themselves. Not the theory. k?
    Furthermore, they do correlate...
    so again, (yes again).. what is your point?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I fail to understand though, is why all of them make the exact same logical error -- that just because you tell them a true statement, they automatically believe that it is a false statement ...
    There does seem to be some mechanism in other types thought process which actively averts them away from correctness... it may be worthy of looking into at some point in time

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly my point. You just have to repeat something a couple of times, and suddenly people's brains cease to function. They seem to react like the dogs of Pavlov.
    I have no idea what you're talking about, and how you derived that from what I said. Actually, I take that back. Looking back, I think you misinterpreted my "just because" - I think you think I was saying that people don't accept what you're saying because you repeat it. That's not what I meant. I meant that your repeating something over and over is not alone sufficient reason for someone to start believing it. If you want to convince someone of something, consider actually explaining why it is that you think something is true. If someone can see why something might be true, they might be more willing to see it as true.

What I fail to understand though, is why all of them make the exact same logical error -- that just because you tell them a true statement, they automatically believe that it is a false statement ...
    I think it's because of your arguing style being unconvincing, as I said. That's not a logical error, though - shouldn't one be skeptical of new information, until it is proven, or at least justified? Otherwise one would be vulnerable to believing almost anything.

I pity your souls

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole... it didn't go in the first time, or the second, or the third... in fact maybe it just doesn't fit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elro may be on to something... the problem may be occuring where ILI seems to be able to "ask himself whether something is true", the other type needs to be strung along like a child on a rope toward the correct answer. Well, many times you have to walk that child about three or four miles, and they are actually pulling against you and screaming the entire way... it can get frustrating. So yes.. I can understand the part of actually having to walk the child along (poor little weaklings), but the kicking and screaming... it's almost like they think they're smart or something!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This topic has become entertaining.

Shit all over the walls once again
    I suggest you start locking your doors.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elro may be on to something... the problem may be occuring where ILI seems to be able to "ask himself whether something is true", the other type needs to be strung along like a child on a rope toward the correct answer. Well, many times you have to walk that child about three or four miles, and they are actually pulling against you and screaming the entire way... it can get frustrating. So yes.. I can understand the part of actually having to walk the child along (poor little weaklings), but the kicking and screaming... it's almost like they don't realize how stupid they are or something!
    No, it has nothing to do with stupidity. If you're trying to convey an idea to someone else who hasn't thought of it yet, you have to get them in the same mindset you were in (or something similar) for them to see it. Otherwise, they will wonder why it is, and probably will not assume you're right. If you don't want to go through all of that trouble, why bother trying to communicate it in the first place? I mean, you could state it and then let people make up their minds by having to figure it out on their own, but I doubt many will bother. And if that's the case, why get so upset about people not believing you? Would you believe someone who just stated that something was the case and then didn't bother to say anything else?

I pity your souls

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Elro.. with some people you can point toward the general direction you are headed, and they can find their way there. With others, you have to drag them by the rope as described earlier. That is the difference being discussed. LIE, LII... (& their respective dual types) seem to have the most problems, from what I can see, in walking the distance. Well, that is only considering alpha & gamma, really. Beta/Delta... they don't even bother with rational discussion; well not any real discussion, anyway. And when they try, who listens to them? I know I just ignore them.
    But yeah, that's what's being discussed.
    What type are you Elro

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post

This topic has become entertaining.

I suggest you start locking your doors.
    ....Don't act like you're not on "the list" anymore, Joy

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The list?
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of those who spew shit from their mouths

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have fun with that.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(And again, I suggest keeping your doors locked.)
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can tell from your signature you wish you were ILI. Maybe you envy ILI so much you try and deny others their ILIhood? A warped kind of penis envy? Aren't you a lesbian? Or was that another LIE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What type are you Elro
    Undecided, but probably Alpha NT.

I pity your souls

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already thought I knew that much... you seem like an ENTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already thought I knew that much... you seem like an ENTp
    So almost everyone tells me.

I pity your souls

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can tell from your signature you wish you were ILI. Maybe you envy ILI so much you try and deny others their ILIhood? A warped kind of penis envy? Aren't you a lesbian? Or was that another LIE
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:l

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    (And again, I suggest keeping your doors locked.)
    Someone just told me that this might be misinterpreted as a threat... lol... so I've decided to expand:

The thing that I'm trying to tell him about keeping his doors locked has to do with him saying that I'm spewing shit all over the walls in his personal space, as if I'm doing it in his living room or something. I shouldn't have that kind of access to "his personal space" if I'm that destructive to it.
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are talking about this thread in an I.M. chat?
    ...that seems lame to me.
    Well, I guess you have to find someone to listen to your nonsense. And when you're incorrect, it's alot easier to find that in private, i suppose ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast