Thread: Fe test?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theMime. View Post
    I regretted those vids.

heh I should show you guys a vid of just how dead pan and expressionless I can actually be...it will confuse the heck out of you guys...yes i should do it....yes i think i will.

But I think you might have a point there...sometimes my face gives away things I don't want it to.
    I'm sure you could be deadpan.... for 30 seconds.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    I'm sure you could be deadpan.... for 30 seconds.
    hahaha. Pffft of course I can be deadpan for longer than 30 seconds!...I can do it for 31 seconds. =P

Oh and also I don't think any other SEI in their right mind would have posted that first vid I had up in the video VI thread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wikisocion
    Extroverted ethics () is an extroverted, rational, and dynamic information element. It is also called Fe, E, the ethics of emotions, or black ethics.

Extroverted ethics is generally associated with the ability to recognize and convey (i.e. make others experience) passions, moods, and emotional states, generate excitement, liveliness, and feelings, get emotionally involved in activities and emotionally involve others, recognize and describe emotional interaction between people and groups, and build a sense of community and emotional unity.
    Quote Originally Posted by socionics.us
    = internal dynamics of objects
    Quote Originally Posted by socionis.us
    Objects:
    Things that can be observed, studied, and discussed apart from the subject (observer)
    Fields:
    Things that are perceived through the subject by means of feelings and cannot be studied apart from the subject
    Quote Originally Posted by socionics.us
    A common definition of emotive ethics () is "emotions." This is an oversimplification. Not all ESEs and EIEs are very emotional in the common understanding of the word. In addition, all people experience emotions regardless of type. A better description of might be "external emotional expression" or "external self-expression."

types pay close attention to the way people say things, the way they talk, their facial expressions, their choice of words, their gestures, and all other external manifestations of one's internal emotional state. You may think your happiness or discouragement is well concealed and invisible to those around you, but it is all in plain view to types, who directly observe your external self-expression and draw conclusions from it about what's happening inside of you, what you are experiencing, how well you fit into the emotional context of the situation, whether you like or dislike what is going on, and what you may feel like doing next, etc. However, if they are absorbed in their own self-expression, they probably won't pay much attention to you.

Each of us constantly sends out information of a nature. Each unusual intonation or gesture, each hint of irritation in our voice, each awkward pause, each chuckle or sudden change of expression sends a signal to other people. Some types — particularly ILI and SLI (with emotive ethics as their fourth function) consciously try to send as few signals of this kind as possible — and are usually successful. This makes ESEs and EIEs (with emotive ethics as their first function) mistrustful and unsure of themselves, since they have too little information to go by in their interaction with such people.

Four types — ESE and EIE, and also SEI and IEI — have in their ego block and can be said to be highly aware of (have control over) their external self-expression. They are able to consciously stick out in the way they say things or express their internal state and feel confident drawing attention to their , whether or not it matches the sentiments of the group at the moment. They are comfortable being more animated than others in a situation or displaying emotions that don't fit in with those of other people. They use their own expressiveness to guide other people's internal experiences and help them experience a wider range of passions and more intense feelings. The types that respond to this best have emotive ethics in their Super-id block (ILE, LII, LSI, and SLE).

types are people of passion. Their feelings of love and admiration, and of disgust and hatred, are "full-blown." types like to discuss these passions and to analyze and discuss their own and others' feelings — not necessarily to change them, but more to bring them out in the open and understand them in order to base one's actions on one's true passions. types strive for integrity, just as every type strives to make his base function the conscious foundation of his existence. types like to help others talk about and come to terms with their passions (strong inner sentiments) and especially enjoy it when types help structure their feelings and their causes and draw logical conclusions from them. This "structuring" does not at all have to involve a sort of "psychoanalysis session," but usually occurs spontaneously as the type responds to the type's sentiments by putting them into categories and treating them as subjects worthy of logical analysis.

Why is considered a rational element? Because the forms of emotional expressions described above are all discrete — an intonation here, a gesture there, a cough here, a sudden frown there. EIEs and ESEs often seem abrupt because they constantly send out these discrete signals, without smooth transitions between them.

Dominant at the group level is related to collective emotional experiences and serves to bind and unite people. When Fe is at the forefront, the group is in emotional sync. People actively and externally express the group sentiments and emotional state of the moment — for example, by sharing thoughts, experiences, and stories with uncommon animation or artisticism or by mirroring group emotions (whether positive or negative) on their faces and in their body language. In this state, the collective focus is on the external mode of expression of thoughts and feelings — not on their content, sensibility, or usefulness.