Thread: Fe test?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theMime. View Post
    Yeah that bit always seemed off to me...my ISTp brother is pretty killer at recognizing discomfort and what not also!

Ok so what do you mean by the expression of a dynamic internal state?
    Others may correct or clarify according to their take on it.

For me, 'flow' has become very important. Flow keeps me grounded, and things that I have to adapt to in the world are always taxing it. If I've got a 'strong' or 'good' flow going on, internal changes brought about by the world are seamless and stress-free, which makes me feel relaxed and in control. Stable.

What I associate with Fe - right or wrong - is kind of the opposite to that. I think that they might see that stability as constrictive and boring. They work much better with a dynamic, internal state that is fully resolved/satisfied when it's expressed somehow, be it speech, movement, whatever. It's their preferred, default state.

However, that expression kind of impinges on the deal that I got going on, and I end up resenting that. If I'm chilling out in a hammock and someone's sawing on the cord with a jackknife, I'm obviously going to have a problem with that.

I think maybe where an ENFp fits, for example, is that they too are dynamic, but it feels more uniform and subtle with them. Like it's just easier to match up internal rhythms.

That's pretty abstract. I'm having difficulty describing what I want to say.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    Others may correct or clarify according to their take on it.

For me, 'flow' has become very important. Flow keeps me grounded, and things that I have to adapt to in the world are always taxing it. If I've got a 'strong' or 'good' flow going on, internal changes brought about by the world are seamless and stress-free, which makes me feel relaxed and in control. Stable.

What I associate with Fe - right or wrong - is kind of the opposite to that. I think that they might see that stability as constrictive and boring. They work much better with a dynamic, internal state that is fully resolved/satisfied when it's expressed somehow, be it speech, movement, whatever. It's their preferred, default state.

However, that expression kind of impinges on the deal that I got going on, and I end up resenting that. If I'm chilling out in a hammock and someone's sawing on the cord with a jackknife, I'm obviously going to have a problem with that.

I think maybe where an ENFp fits, for example, is that they too are dynamic, but it feels more uniform and subtle with them. Like it's just easier to match up internal rhythms.

That's pretty abstract. I'm having difficulty describing what I want to say.
    I totally understand.

Like, the world is constantly flowing, constantly changing, and it's up to me to keep monitoring it and interpreting as to how I see it. If the world is ALWAYS changing, I need some kind of anchor, some kind of constant to compare experiences to. So that constant has to be my feelings, my moods, my "internal state" i guess. I have to keep that constant to keep feeding all this fucking data im getting from around me.

If my internal state gets fucked up, suddenly nothing starts to make sense, and hence I get very frustrated pretty easily. So Fe really blows for me, "expressing emotions" FOR MYSELF and all that jazz because I have to reach deep down and THINK of how my internal state is being effected by my surroundings, when normally that shit is taken care of automatically.

Which is why I guess we seem very "here and now, inside our head" type of guys. Constant data flowing through our senses, and we keep reading it at an internal level.

I hope you all understood some of that.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you've got a standard by which to compare your experiences to. Something that's stable and never changes. Then what happens with Fe?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you've got a standard by which to compare your experiences to. Something that's stable and never changes. And then what happens with Fe?
    Fe, MY OWN Fe, means expressing MY OWN emotions. Let me makes this clear, OTHER's being emotional does not bother me nowhere near as much as when people expect reactions from me. When people do that, when people expect me to be all Fe on them, it makes me feel like they want to take a look at my private internal state, something very very personal to me. I don't like doing that.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    When people do that, when people expect me to be all Fe on them, it makes me feel like they want to take a look at my private internal state, something very very personal to me. I don't like doing that.
    Either that or it's like they want me to give them something I don't have, like when they expect an emotional reaction when I don't really have one (not even an "internal" one). And I usually know exactly what the expected reaction is, for some reason. But anyhow, I express my emotions in my own way, which may not be very "external" or visible from the outside, and I don't see a reason it should be. Those who know me well and care about my emotions should know how I feel without me having to elaborate too much on it. The rest can go to hell. I am not letting strangers know how I feel because that's none of their business. Period.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is confusing.

I'm an Fe creative and even I don't like sharing my emotions with strangers.

Socionics sucks.

Thanks for sharing tho guys.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is confusing.

I'm an Fe creative and even I don't like sharing my emotions with strangers.
    Yeah, but think of those videos you made a couple of months back. You may not like consciously 'sharing' your emotions with strangers, but you in your most comfortable state will still display them quite visibly.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype