Thread: Enneagram type Gilly

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I guess not really, although I see many similarities between Ezra and myself, so I consider any progress on his type to be mildly related to any on my own.

Besides, I've settled back (as usual) on ILE 7w6 so/sx (for now ).
    Huh... that's exactly what everyone keeps typing me as... right down to the E stacking and everything.

haha, i don't really consider myself that similar to either of you though.
    Except for this one video that strrrng told me to watch of you. I could see myself speaking exactly like that... but besides that one video, I'm not sure.

Well actually now that I think about it, I have no idea what you're like anyway.
    So maybe.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh. You have some idea. My recent behavior here has actually been fairly representative of what I consider a healthy "me."

And the videos, of course.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vUgQBIe_Qg8&feature=related

http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/c...t=S7300706.flv

http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/c...t=S7300707.flv

http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/c...t=S7300720.flv

http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/c...t=S7300708.flv

http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/c...t=S7300696.flv

And God, I just love this picture for some reason...

According to Auvi, based on these videos, I have a certain "elasticity of character" that seems to lend itself towards an EIE typing. I think I'm just crazy
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides, I've settled back (as usual) on ILE 7w6 so/sx (for now ).
    Something I thought I'd throw out there: notice how we've both settled on our original types after pursuing another type. (With you it was your thinking you may be EIE or another Beta, and with me, Gamma; then we return to ILE and SLE respectively.)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHA ASIAN GILLY HAS RETURNED!!!
    lol @ that

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but I consider the fact that I began my study in Socionics with the assumption that I am ILE as a possible reason for my always settling back on it. I don't think there is some huge cosmic reason that the type you keep coming back to is necessarily the right one; that's just retarded. If I thought that, I wouldn't bother renewing my search every three weeks I am willing to admit that I don't really "know myself" well enough to be sure of one of these types, so I am implicitly responsible for continuing the search

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it seems.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an asian with blue eyes

Yeah, but I consider the fact that I began my study in Socionics with the assumption that I am ILE as a possible reason for my always settling back on it. I don't think there is some huge cosmic reason that the type you keep coming back to is necessarily the right one; that's just retarded. If I thought that, I wouldn't bother renewing my search every three weeks I am willing to admit that I don't really "know myself" well enough to be sure of one of these types, so I am implicitly responsible for continuing the search
    Yesterday Niffweed was asking me about my type and I ended up thinking the same thing. I felt like I could easily use the same statement to describe myself and also to describe who I'm not. After that conversation I accepted the fact that I have no idea how to express who I am unless I'm very, very vague... or post a video or something.

lol he even suggested the same thing about how I only think I'm ILE because I began learning about socionics with that assumption.

Oh and I tried to post a video yesterday after seeing yours but the photobooth application on my macbook is so fucking inconsistent. Why isn't it recording sound????
    Oh well. If anyone wants to VI me on video they can add me on Stickam.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilly - that bird call you did gave me a fright

I think you're ILE for what that's worth (not much).
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Something I thought I'd throw out there: notice how we've both settled on our original types after pursuing another type. (With you it was your thinking you may be EIE or another Beta, and with me, Gamma; then we return to ILE and SLE respectively.)
    LMAO. there's only one issue, bud: he's right about his type and you're so incredibly wrong lol...

gilly is indeed an ENTp (prolly Ne sub) 7w6 so/sx in my opinion (I know he thinks he's sx/so, but he simply doesn't match the descriptions of that type that I have read). Allie, an Ne-ENTp, shares the same enneagram and instinct stacking.

sx/so: "This is the type that exudes the most raw charisma and sexual energy. They may identify so strongly with whatever they're involved with that they often become the symbol of its core essence, and sometimes its lead agent for change."

so/sx: "This type has very strong one to one social skills, but is usually uncomfortable in group settings. They enjoy cultivating multiple relationships, and can be intensely involved when in the presence of someone they are interested in, but have difficulty sustaining these bonds when apart. This may give the impression of being flighty and rootless, willing to adapt and mirror others in order to connect, but lacking a defined approach that would give their relationships a more solid standing."

Now, I don't know Gilly well enough to say definitively that he is the latter, but I can say such with Allie. Gilly doesn't seem intense enough to be sx/so, but like I said, I could be wrong.

another interesting thing: the so/sx description seems to match the general nature of 7w6 EP's - it's more laid-back and spontaneous. The sx/so description seems to correlate more with 7w8 P-sub ENxj's, as it illustrates a much more intense and, to some degree, direction-oriented personality (direction being due to their vision and desire to implement).
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually think I am so/sx now. I see sx as something that I am just fine with, but so as something that is, to quote a fine villain indeed, "simultaneously the source of [my] greatest strength and [my] greatest weakness."

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    an asian with blue eyes
    He doesn't have any eyes on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    LMAO. there's only one issue, bud: he's right about his type and you're so incredibly wrong lol...
    good rationale lolololololololol

gilly is indeed an ENTp (prolly Ne sub) 7w6 so/sx in my opinion (I know he thinks he's sx/so, but he simply doesn't match the descriptions of that type that I have read). Allie, an Ne-ENTp, shares the same enneagram and instinct stacking.

sx/so: "This is the type that exudes the most raw charisma and sexual energy. They may identify so strongly with whatever they're involved with that they often become the symbol of its core essence, and sometimes its lead agent for change."

so/sx: "This type has very strong one to one social skills, but is usually uncomfortable in group settings. They enjoy cultivating multiple relationships, and can be intensely involved when in the presence of someone they are interested in, but have difficulty sustaining these bonds when apart. This may give the impression of being flighty and rootless, willing to adapt and mirror others in order to connect, but lacking a defined approach that would give their relationships a more solid standing."

Now, I don't know Gilly well enough to say definitively that he is the latter, but I can say such with Allie. Gilly doesn't seem intense enough to be sx/so, but like I said, I could be wrong.

another interesting thing: the so/sx description seems to match the general nature of 7w6 EP's - it's more laid-back and spontaneous. The sx/so description seems to correlate more with 7w8 P-sub ENxj's, as it illustrates a much more intense and, to some degree, direction-oriented personality (direction being due to their vision and desire to implement).
    Ahhh, I wouldn't know about instincts and I don't really care either.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO Ezra you are ExTp, Ti sub 6w7 sx/sp. I would have shunned the thought of being a six until recently, but the arrows seem to be pointing that way, so try not to throw it right out the window.
    Last edited by Gilly; 05-23-2008 at 04:20 PM.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    an asian with blue eyes

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    good rationale lolololololololol
    it wasn't a rationale, genius; it was a statement of things exactly as they are. you are incorrect in your self-typing. I figured you literal LSE's like stuff phrased like that.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Salawa
    Ezra, in my opinion, is SEE 8w7 sp/so. 6 is nonsensical, he's hardly out of touch with his own thoughts. Even if he is inconsistent, he still maintains his intellectual independence, where 6s are inclined to attach themselves to structures and ideologies. Ezra doesn't seem to be loyal to anything in particular.
    that's a good argument, but let's remember, counter-phobics do not portray themselves as loyal little doggies in the same way that phobics do. They actually display fluctuating behavior and may appear to not care about attaching themselves to anything in particular.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After being in chat with him I agree that Ezra is more likely an 8. However, I'm not convinced by SEE.

Under cerulean skies...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234