Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How to find/recognize ENFps: characteristics, observations, and styles

Creepy-Cyclops

I don't think i've encountered an Fe PoLR to be so open about themselves as iannau is. Never seems to be IP temperament either. Interesting one.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I don't think i've encountered an Fe PoLR to be so open about themselves as iannau is. Never seems to be IP temperament either. Interesting one.
    I was sort of thinking the same thing.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Errant. Greater Union Marion Megaplex in South Australia. I think its one of the biggest cinemas in the southern hemisphere.

@Ann well yea i think because i dont have very good maybe i dont have a developed sense of taste . There are worst things than wine tasting i suppose, my dad used to have a wine cellar.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I think she is great though
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I was sort of thinking the same thing.
    Well, I wasn't.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    The other ones I've run into briefly - they appear calm and quiet at first blush. In a large-ish social event, I saw one in a smaller circle, but watching everyone, and I could see the mental wheels turning as he observed. Then when I started talking to him he would go from goofy to serious to sarcastic and back to goofy in a very short time frame.
    I've seen this too.

An IEE I know, every photo of him is either serious or goofy expression. Very little in-between. Once in a while, you get a good natural look, but rarely. And he's usually not sarcastic, although he can pull off a wry comment once in a while.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENFP Pick-up Spots

Where am I likely to find a large percentage of ENFP females? What type of places or activities?
    ISTP - SERIOUSLY, i dont give a ****

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Places that are FUN and EXCITING and LOUD with lots of COLOR and LIGHT! Boom, boom pow yay WHOOOO! whatever.

But seriously, I think ENFp females are likely to be doing sort of cool crazy things like hang-gliding, sky-diving, etc. (those are really stereotypical, sorry), but also I think of ENFp females as going to concerts, even going to clubs "just to dance". Also, since many of them are artists/artistic, why not go to random performance festivals, visual art shows, and places like that? I'd focus especially on art that "resonates with you" or "tells a great story" or "has a really powerful theme". Sorry if I was generally overly stereotypical with all that.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFps spend a lot of time trying to figure out which friends to spend time with. They're also fluid at meeting new people. Find a common interest, particularly something that would tweak Fi or delta values.

And then understand their level of involvement and mirror it, and you should be able to make contact.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look for some places where it is easy to meet people yet is not in any way obligatory to speak with anyone. Concerts, galleries and especially all kinds of classes, be it photography, languages, arts or whatnot. Clubs probably ain't really a place even if it is very possible to meet them there, most likely though she is going to be with her friends and pay less attention to outsiders.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

particularly something that would tweak Fi or delta values
    I gotta admit, I have no hobbies that smack of Fi or delta values (maybe one, and I don't really do it that often). My hobbies are racing sailboats, belonging to a book club, designing clothes, biking, and dancing (except I can't find a partner. BLAH.)
    IEE

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    particularly something that would tweak Fi or delta values
    I think that might just be Ryu and your activist crowd. I think the thing is more that it's a Delta atmosphere or group. ie, laid back, casual sense of community, common ground in terms of interest, etc.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think the advice above is that useful.

Altough IEEs are very friendly and make friends easily, I think most are loners.

Being negativists, they requiere quite a bit of reassurance. I think most secretely test others, like becoming absent and so, to see if they are really interested in them. They can behave like introverts for that reason, expecting others to invite them to activities and so.

You'll find them everywhere if you keep your eyes open. They are just normal people (don't idealize them that much). I don't think there are many places where they are abundant. Stay alert for oddities.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think what matters most about socionics is that the people you are compatible with really are everywhere. You just have to pay attention to who you are most comfortable being around, not who immediately attracts your attention or gives you a mental thrill ride. (although in some cases that could be your dual) I dunno. I guess for SLIs it's probably more complicated, but I can usually separate what's fluff and what's substance, even with attraction involved.
    IEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    I think that might just be Ryu and your activist crowd. I think the thing is more that it's a Delta atmosphere or group. ie, laid back, casual sense of community, common ground in terms of interest, etc.
    Tweaking Fi or delta values doesn't have to do with activism per se.
    I meant what you said in the rest of that post.

A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    I don't think the advice above is that useful.

Altough IEEs are very friendly and make friends easily, I think most are loners.

Being negativists, they requiere quite a bit of reassurance. I think most secretely test others, like becoming absent and so, to see if they are really interested in them. They can behave like introverts for that reason, expecting others to invite them to activities and so.

You'll find them everywhere if you keep your eyes open. They are just normal people (don't idealize them that much). I don't think there are many places where they are abundant. Stay alert for oddities.
    I agree completely with this.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default helping an SLI find an IEE

How would you go about telling an SLI who doesn't know anything about socionics how to spot an IEE?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Logical vegetable Existential Potato's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell the SLI; 'Look for the guy in the hawaiian shirt'.

But really, the descriptions I've read all seem to point out that IEEs tend to have an odd sense of clothing. That's perhaps the simplest thing you could tell someone without any knowledge of socionics. I guarantee 100% accuracy!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Existential Potato View Post
    Tell the SLI; 'Look for the guy in the hawaiian shirt'.

But really, the descriptions I've read all seem to point out that IEEs tend to have an odd sense of clothing. That's perhaps the simplest thing you could tell someone without any knowledge of socionics. I guarantee 100% accuracy!
    lol okay. the SLI is a guy. So he needs to look for IEE female.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look for humanitarian causes.
    Someone who is very 'non-offensive'.
    Cute smile, pleasant to be around.
    Maybe a little scattered at times.
    Usually dresses with some sense of modesty, or, isn't inclined to reveal a lot or be dressy or slutty.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The clothing style is an issue.
    Tell him to look for a goofy person.
    They'll probably be willing to eat anything.
    They'll also love to talk to people.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    How would you go about telling an SLI who doesn't know anything about socionics how to spot an IEE?
    To look for the invisible ones, the ones that don't stand out to him but he's likely to ignore, at least at frist glance. Or in other words, not to look very hard or beyond the potential surrounding him. It's said that duals don't notice each other and their super compatibility right away, but the feelings develop through interaction and as a post-realization. So I don't know if the idea of 'spotting' an IEE with certain 'pre-quirements' (especially too many) in mind would be an effective one.

Maybe a little scattered at times.
    Usually dresses with some sense of modesty, or, isn't inclined to reveal a lot or be dressy or slutty.
    He might as well end up with an ESE... or an EII.
    Last edited by Park; 05-15-2010 at 12:00 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Pretty scattered most of the time.
    I made a slight correction :wink:

IEEs can also be pretty shy and slightly awkward.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Guiding people to specific types is problematic, I would tell him something similar to this:

The Socionist: More Relationship Tips

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell him to learn socionics ; shortcuts aren't going to work as well.

Rick says it takes about 5 years to know it well enough, I agree. It took me about 4 to feel truly 'confident' about it.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

inclined to reveal a lot or be dressy or slutty.

err..
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calm, friendly, non conventional. Very responsive to other's misfortunes. Passionate or borderline obssesive.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    enfp (maybe infj)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Borderline Obssesive? I'm totally obssesive. If I find a new toy, there isn't anybody who can make me put it down!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234