Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, cool!

Errm... seriously, could it be that our lists merely tell if someone's first function is intuitive? Implied's first function is Ni. I don't know what Jadae's is. Hm. It would be fun to have another list: "You know you're NOT an ENFp if you..." Does anyone have any ideas?

Mastermind, here's a link to a site with extensive type descriptions. They're all written by Russians and machine-translated, so the texts are a pain to read, but some of them are quite helpful. ENFps are "intuive-ethical extraverts".

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That list is highly compatible with ennagram 7, that's why I tend to relate.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FDG, you can relate to that list? And you're a SeTi? Drat. Back to the drawing board...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    FDG, you can relate to that list? And you're a SeTi? Drat. Back to the drawing board...
    I'll list what i DO NOT relate to :

If he runs into doorframes when he's in a hurry
    If he is endlessly discovering and re-discovering himself in a way that could seem self-absorbed
    If he's sure to contradict himself if you listen to him long enough
    he uses the strangest metaphors you've ever heard anyone use
    If every word your sentence ends with, he converts into a song, a jiggle or commercial....he could be ENFP
    If most of his sentences begins with "What if...." he could be ENFP
    If after "What if ...." he rattles off something so garbbled and quick you have no idea what he said.....he could be ENFP
    I relate A LOT to:

If he likes to sing to himself and, when asked, says that he often hears songs in his head, he could be ENFp.
    If he loves peculiar-sounding words and will say them to himself just to hear the sound, he could be ENFp.
    If he speaks with a German, English, Czech, Jamaican, Indian, Australian or any other accent flawlessly, even though hes never been to any of those places. <-- i can do this surprisingly well
    If he's sceptical about other people's bleak views of the future, he could be ENFp.
    If he would rather avoid than confront people he dislikes, he could be ENFp.
    If he hates, HATES, HATES boredom and stagnation, so much so that he would rather start a bit of mayhem or self-destructiveness rather than endure it, he could be ENFp.

I don't use "what if" THAT much but many many times i talk so quickly that people don't really understand

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he likes to sing to himself and, when asked, says that he often hears songs in his head, he could be ENFp.
    If he loves peculiar-sounding words and will say them to himself just to hear the sound, he could be ENFp.
    If he runs into doorframes when he's in a hurry, he could be ENFp.
    If he is endlessly discovering and re-discovering himself in a way that could seem self-absorbed, he could be ENFp.
    If he's sceptical about other people's bleak views of the future, he could be ENFp.
    If he would rather avoid than confront people he dislikes, he could be ENFp.
    If he can start (or participate in) heated discussions about subjects like "free will" or "does human fate run in seven-year cycles", only to suddenly see the funny side of it and do a stand-up routine over the same views he rigorously defended only five minutes ago, he could be ENFp.
    If he feels uneasy with just saying what he feels, but will state it indirectly or in a humorous way, he could be ENFp.
    If he's sure to contradict himself if you listen to him long enough, he could be ENFp.
    If he hates, HATES, HATES boredom and stagnation, so much so that he would rather start a bit of mayhem or self-destructiveness rather than endure it, he could be ENFp.
    If he uses the strangest metaphors you've ever heard anyone use, he could be ENFp.

I see myself in all of it.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Slacker Mom: Yay!

@ FDG: thank you, that's a relief.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um back to the damn topic,

ENFPs are so easy to find. They have a characteristic shine in their eyes. I feel they can look into my soul and sometimes avoid eye contact if I dont want them to even though I think they still can without eye contact.

They ask a lot of questions, and will pose subtle social experiments when you are least expecting it. They are playful, and even if you are weird dont give a shit. They are very caring.

Very sharp faces, width can vary. Appareance is well taken care of, probably programmed in them so their dual ISTPs dont turn their heads. A touch of uniqueness to their dressing. In women this can be a gypsy like necklace, cool earrings, both, or even a funky purse.

Gotta love em.

On a completely different note,

I find it hard to believe people cant type themselves right ? Whats up with that?
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IcEPiCk
    I find it hard to believe people cant type themselves right ? Whats up with that?
    Million dollar question.

Anyways my new language course teacher might be ENFp. Only one lesson behind us so far but I have plenty of time to find out. She was funny. She came into the class and started talking and then noticed she had forgotten all her stuff/material somewhere. So she had to first improvise and then later went to search where her teaching materials were. It was kind of funny.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta love em.

Thanks bro. That was a really nice description. Dual LUB!!! :wink:

The ENFp girl i work with is crazy. The other workers in the other area can hear hear singing from down the hall. She also will just say crazy things. Her dress sense is also strange. She somehow pulls it off and looks cute most of the time. She had this bow type thing around her waist the other day and i said she looks like a present. She said yep i go home and my boyfriend slowly unwraps me to find all my goodies.

EDIT: oh yeah i forgot!! I made a post asking why people cant type themselves recently. Check it out. I too am puzzled by this
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

I live in the USA, but my heart longs for England.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, now I'm pretty sure that my friend is an ENFp, but whenever I try to ask him something about himself he immediately starts rambling on about something that's somehow related in his mind, like the Ancient Norse or the problem with cheese or something.

Does that sound like ENFp behavior?
    Roboticist: Someone who conceptualizes, designs, builds, programs and experiments with robots.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mastermind
    Well, now I'm pretty sure that my friend is an ENFp, but whenever I try to ask him something about himself he immediately starts rambling on about something that's somehow related in his mind, like the Ancient Norse or the problem with cheese or something.

unfortunately yes.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah thats interesting. I suspect that might be (N) subtype behaviour. If someone asks me about myself i will happily reveal information / take their questions seriously most of the time. Although when i was younger i would have been more (N) ish
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I do that all the time.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how to tell if someone is ENFp? Just ask

===
    lol, not exactly applicable, I just wanted to use an old clip I found. I don't really know any ENFps
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    She had this bow type thing around her waist the other day and i said she looks like a present. She said yep i go home and my boyfriend slowly unwraps me to find all my goodies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they never stop talking
    they are never at a loss for words!
    They are always interested in people! That thing about them acting indifferent the next day is totally not ENFP.
    They are loud and all over the place
    They can multitask
    Sometimes people think they are just crazy..

I like ENFPs though sometimes I need to just tell them to shut up and leave me alone to relax! lol

I can tell them from a mile away..my mother was ENFP and two of my closest friends as well..it is interesting how they even tend to use the same expressions in their word even though they dont know each other
    INTJ [mbti]
    INTp [socionics]

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grek0
    they never stop talking
    They are always interested in people! That thing about them acting indifferent the next day is totally not ENFP.
    They can multitask

I like ENFPs though sometimes I need to just tell them to shut up and leave me alone to relax! lol

I can tell them from a mile away..my mother was ENFP and two of my closest friends as well..it is interesting how they even tend to use the same expressions in their word even though they dont know each other
    Ive never been acused of being loud. Im only talkative with people I find really interesting. Other than that ...more or less... .

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    they never stop talking
    They can multitask

Ive never been acused of being loud. Im only talkative with people I find really interesting. Other than that ...more or less... .
    lol, I should have been more exact: by "loud" here I meant that, at least with the ENFPs i know, they all tend to talk rather loudly and seem incapable of lowering their tone even when they are asked to. But then again sometimes i do that too.
    INTJ [mbti]
    INTp [socionics]

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Grek0 you sound like a nice guy To be honest a lot of that doesn't fit for me though. Your thinking about the dominant subtype. The crazy ones.

I am more introspective. When i get excited i tend to yap a lot but generally im more quiet and fit in. I am interested in people though
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they never stop talking
    They can multitask

INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm, ok so i happened to meet the crazy subtype. lol

Boy, wait till I tell them that!

ENFps multitask but i didn't say they were good at it

they certainly don't suck at it the way I usually do though. I am amazed at ENFp's ability to improvise, be it in an argument or cooking! I can throw a bunch of random ingredients to my ENFp friends and they can come up with 14 different dishes that all taste good! :-P~~
    INTJ [mbti]
    INTp [socionics]

-Robert A. Heinlein

Creepy-pokeball

umm, ok so i happened to meet the crazy subtype. lol

Boy, wait till I tell them that!

ENFps multitask but i didn't say they were good at it

they certainly don't suck at it the way I usually do though. I am amazed at ENFp's ability to improvise, be it in an argument or cooking! I can throw a bunch of random ingredients to my ENFp friends and they can come up with 14 different dishes that all taste good! :-P~~
    My close friend is that version.

I live in the USA, but my heart longs for England.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they never stop talking
    They can multitask

lol, I should have been more exact: by "loud" here I meant that, at least with the ENFPs i know, they all tend to talk rather loudly and seem incapable of lowering their tone even when they are asked to. But then again sometimes i do that too.
    That's actually pretty humorous, given that the ENFp [ENFP] here has a voice that, if he lowers it, no one can understand him. He has a really low, rich voice. It's great for acting.
    Roboticist: Someone who conceptualizes, designs, builds, programs and experiments with robots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um back to the damn topic,

ENFPs are so easy to find. They have a characteristic shine in their eyes. I feel they can look into my soul and sometimes avoid eye contact if I dont want them to even though I think they still can without eye contact.
    ??

it's hard to frame yourself in one type when you are 100% relational.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENFps and style

It seems like most of the ENFps I've met are a decade or so behind in their taste in fashion. Has anyone else noticed this? (ENFp females, for example, that still wear poofy bangs like in the early 90s?)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be horrified to still have poofy bangs. I always dress in style, but try to keep it more classic as I'm not a slave to fashion. I like somewhat simple things, with the occasional crazy thing thrown in. But no poofy bangs!! I don't know if something as horrid as poofy bangs could be type related.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are poofy bangs?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poofy Bangs lol

I like to think im always looking fairly good. Im also definately not a slave to fashion. I like to wear what i want. A lot of fashion these days i recon looks shitty. All the guys these days wear the same old crap. They look like a bunch of clones.

Guys in Australia will wear Polo Shirts or those shirts with Grafitti type crap on it. So booring

Btw i dont think ENTj's are exactly the height of fasion either..
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can say that my sister does this (who is, don't tell her i told you, but in her 40's. you'd never ever know it.) she actually has poofy bangs. <3 she also wears incredibly original stuff (i think maybe mostly stuff from boutiques?) the thing with ENFps i think is that they are kind of young at heart/mind, so they can wear stuff from 10 years ago and it looks perfectly amazing and just makes them all the more endearing.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL I didn't even wear poofy bangs in the 80s when they were the height of fashion. My hair doesn't do poofy.

I do not keep track of style and I've never had a good eye for it. I've always needed help when shopping for clothes or deciding how to wear my hair.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like clothes and sometimes wear things from different time periods and even different countries. I dont do this without knowing exactly what Im doing though. If I wear a jacket from the 70s I commit to it with full knowledge. I havent tried to reinvent anything from the 80s or 90s though. Old hair cuts are completely out, and so are head to toe old duds unless youre going to a costume party. I think part of the fun of being an ENFP was to reinvent and find uses for stuff that others see no more potential in, creating a individual look and lifestyle.
    Often I like a contemporary classic look with a twist.
    I get compliments on my dress all the time so I must not be doing too bad.

Topaz

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I do not keep track of style and I've never had a good eye for it. I've always needed help when shopping for clothes or deciding how to wear my hair.
    yeah, this is weird. i can relate in a way. i try to keep up with it. i think i need help shopping, but then i don't either (like i have my own tastes and i want to stick with those.) i think that especially when i was younger, my mom used to try to help me out with this or tell me what to wear/not to wear etc. i pretty much hated her style a lot though. i would never follow through with it. /: (this resulted in MANY fights growing up.) weird relationship with fashion!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love fashion and have perfected my own style. it's kind of like learning more about your socionics type actually, part of what makes you who you are.

fashion doesn't come that naturally to me though, i had to work at it. ooo tough life, working at fashion. i usually get compliments on my outfits and i like to be up to date. but i won't wear stuff that's "in" if it doesn't look good on me. hell, fashion keeps life interesting. can you imagine if fashions never changed and we all just kept wearing the same thing?

but to answer the thread question, the enfp's that i know have their own style which can be unique. but usually they incorporate current trends. i don't know that i've ever seen one with poofy bangs or a mullett. ha!

i lived through the 80's and kept my hair long and straight, never poofy, however, i will admit to having owned a pair of studded snakeskin boots!

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze8
    i love fashion and have perfected my own style. it's kind of like learning more about your socionics type actually, part of what makes you who you are.
    I totally agree. Everybody shouldnt wear the same thing. I love to see someone knows themselves well enough to use fashion as a guidline but not as law. There really are a lot more options available today than have ever been possible in any other time period.

i lived through the 80's and kept my hair long and straight, never poofy, however, i will admit to having owned a pair of studded snakeskin boots!
    SCREAM ! I bet you tucked your acid washed jeans into them, didnt you?!

Just kidding. I loved the 80s though. It was such a fun time to be a young person. So many things were opening up. The 90s seemed suicidal in comparison :a la Kurt Cobain.

Topaz

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally agree. Everybody shouldnt wear the same thing. I love to see someone knows themselves well enough to use fashion as a guidline but not as law. There really are a lot more options available today than have ever been possible in any other time period.

SCREAM ! I bet you tucked your acid washed jeans into them, didnt you?!

Just kidding. I loved the 80s though. It was such a fun time to be a young person. So many things were opening up. The 90s seemed suicidal in comparison :a la Kurt Cobain.
    LOL yes i did have these amazing acid washed jeans, complete with ripped knees!!! and how bout you with your skinny tie, hmm?? hahaha

i actually loved the 80's, at least when i was in them. the alt music was great even if the mainstream wasn't. new wave was oh so cool, and clubs were fun. when i think of the 80's seems like things were pretty smooth or something, not all the unrest of the 70's and 60's, but without the suicidal tendencies (cept in the band) like you say.

and the fashion from then is sneaking back a la skinny pants this fall along with tunics, red, and wide belts slung around the hips. metallics, look out people, big hair is comin. bring out the Poison and Ratt!

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe. Yeah what Blaze Said. I like to "Incorporate" current trends. Its a casual day at work. Im wearing Jeans and a top with black stripes. Its definately not total cutting edge fasion but it fits my body really well. It says something about me . I also am wearing my silver ring, necklace and bracelet to add a little flair. My clothes are not normally that experimental though. Its also Bandanna day so i have to wear one of those

The ENFp girl at my work experiments heaps with clothes. She wears some really unique stuff. Sometimes she looks a little funny but most of the time she looks hot. I think dont really know much about current fashion, but i have a good eye for what looks good.

ENTp's seem to take a lot of care regarding fashion.

ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to think im always looking fairly good. Im also definately not a slave to fashion. I like to wear what i want. A lot of fashion these days i recon looks shitty. All the guys these days wear the same old crap. They look like a bunch of clones.
    Yeah.
    In my ‘hood all the girls wear the same stuff, always tight blue jeans and even tighter colorful tops (not that there’s anything wrong with that), its totally not my style. And there isn’t that much variety in the stores either. It’s really pathetic.

I get compliments on my dress all the time so I must not be doing too bad.
    I’m sure you don’t look bad at all! The description sounds interesting, stylish.

I agree. Actually I’m in the process of “perfecting” my own style lately.
    Hmmm, I could use some new shirts…
    - DEEP THOUGHT OF THE DAY -

Just remember... if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.
    -Trevor Myers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its also Bandanna day so i have to wear one of those
    Bandanna day?
    - DEEP THOUGHT OF THE DAY -

Just remember... if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.
    -Trevor Myers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast