Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Most of the stuff I learned at school and uni seemed trivial to me. I like learning stuff, but I hate education. More often than not it's boring.
    Yes but you see they think they have to educate us INTjs in all of these other ways. I'm not sure if this is hypocritical or not, because I'm sure non-INTjs look at -Ti/-Te roots of scientific analysis as something kind of magical or even arbitrary....

As for what happens next, my first priority is wrapping up the rest of my classes. I've got three papers to finish by the end of the week. I've got a disciplinary board hearing (a kind of jury trial) on Saturday, during which well, what more can I do but state my case? I'm not the type to take the offense, but it's my instinct to retaliate if treated unfairly. (does calling someone arrogant amount to aggressive retaliation?) The real problem lies with the institution, which admittedly is one of the more conservative public institutes in the country. On the other hand, just the blemish of being suspended on a charge carries with it problems. I've been thinking that given my superb understanding of U.S. History, I can just CLEP my way through that class and avoid having to retake it. In the meantime though, I need to get that class dropped somehow or another. I've got an 'A' in World History, so that's definitely in my favor.

I sincerely hope that the instructor in question talks as much at the hearing as possible. Every single word she says is a vote in my favor.

I am disadvantaged in that I don't have the resources to hire a lawyer who could seriously tear her up, though.

In the end, the real loser is the idea of institutional equity in academia. If I get suspended for this, then it's pretty well proven that there is a kind of selection process going on to "vet" up-and-coming leaders in the sciences. This will do harm to the idea that anyone with the will to learn can accomplish their dreams in the eyes of many progressives.

I wonder if Ohio progressives should all just pack up and head back to Antioch.

For the record, I have decided on trying out a tactic of activating the transcendent function to deliberate and then to deactivate it when actually phrasing the assertion. Using the transcendent function heightens your instincts and makes you seem more... how to say, jerky. (if you've ever took on a stance where you were just totally determined and ready to respond to anything that came at you, that's the transcendent function at work: it mobilizes your entire subconscious against whatever threatens you. To put it in perspective, without the transcendent function I'm a klutz; with it, I'm much more focused and can usually catch anything thrown at me without even thinking about it, taking up just the right position to intercept it). This seems to me disingenuous, nor do I think it'll go unrecognized for long, but we'll see what happens....
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 04-29-2008 at 02:45 AM.