Quote Originally Posted by shakealittle View Post
EXACTLY.

If you want an ISTj to reconisder you:
1. Recognise that we value hard work and determination --> go out of your way to provide EVIDENCE that you embody those qualities AND be consistent
You'd better offer a reason to expect it then. And, you'd have better already made every effort to make the experience as easy as possible -- that is, if it's difficult at all, then it had better be because no one could think of a way to make it easier. INTjs will accept nothing less. We -- but such should only be demanded when there is no other way. Anything less is utter arrogance. (Machintruc calls ISTjs narrowminded for a reason, you know!)

I know that not all ISTjs really prize unnecessary effort -- not all ISTjs are alike.

2. Respect their authority/ have some humility --> be honest about your faults and demonstrate ways in which you try to overcome them (refer to 1)

Adhere to both these points and they'll put you in the most favourable position given the circumstance.
It's been said before: INTj respect is earned, never acquiesced. The burden for my respect is respect for my logical sensibility.