TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Sounds like you might like Wesleyan...

Seriously though, this does seem overly reactionary on Miami U's part. It sounds like this prof tried to paint you as a potential Virginia Tech... Good thing is though, if you want to continue on at Miami U., they only suspended and didn't expel you... Also, as I'm sure you know, there are plenty of universities that might be a better social fit (from an administrative stand-point, at the very least...) If you want to stay in Ohio, Oberlin might be one to check out, or even Earlham College.

Also, in response to what you wrote about tyranny and extremist practices, I'll just say that your view is idealistic, and noble in that way--that said, I believe you'll find (if you haven't already) that there's a critical mass of dicks and fools at most places, including at many companies and universities, even the "good" ones. Thus personal opinion, favoritism, (including: colleagues who 'got each otha's backs' to an unreasonable degree,) and other unjust mindsets/practices influence things that ideally, they shouldn't... It's the way of the world.

I wish you luck, tcaud, sincerely... Small consolation: I've found that life will often throw this kind of stuff at someone at times when it's most helpful for that person to evolve.
    I'm open to evolving my personality, but before I can do that a case must be made as to why, and it can't be just "because that's the way it is". I never change on basis of reactions like UDP just had, because those aren't clear thinking. If it doesn't fit in the system, it doesn't stick.

Thank you for your support.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    I'm open to evolving my personality, but before I can do that a case must be made as to why, and it can't be just "because that's the way it is". I never change on basis of reactions like UDP just had, because those aren't clear thinking. If it doesn't fit in the system, it doesn't stick.

Thank you for your support.
    Maybe your ISTj teacher feels the same.