Thread: How ISTps are seen by Fe-valuing individuals

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
    You sweet IEE!!! Where were you when I was dating this Te subtype, to explain this to him so eloquently? I now know I am for sure not the dual of SLI-Te because I just get pissed and do generalize how lying is bad and try to stay out of it myself. Like I wanted to show him how its hurts all people when you lie, but this must have meant nothing to him. I wouldn’t have ever wanted, or thought, to say it was hurting ME, and so maybe he never knew it!!!
    <3

Although I can't say for sure, I think your response would definitely have more impact on an LSE? Maybe I'll prod my LSE friend to respond herself, but they generally seem more concerned with 'doing the right/ethical' thing? Or actually...

The LSE I know, in her relationship dynamics, tends to place people she's invested in on a pedestal (which is something I don't do, hence my instinct to call out the SLI when they're misbehaving). I think a consequence of this idealisation is a fierce desire to protect the person they love and to also be seen as WORTHY of this person (usually EII fits the criteria for 'who to idealise' best for an LSE). THUS, an EII's reaction that they were doing something shitty and unethical and BAD, would have a very resounding effect on the psyche of the LSE.

They bonds of affection between an IEE and SLI are altogether different I think. I know I have no problem being emotionally invested in someone and acknowledging that they're incredibly flawed, which is why pointing out that an SLI is doing something BAD has less effect then letting them know that it is not only BAD but ALSO HURTFUL TO YOU, because for an IEE, the two ('bad' and 'damaging how I feel about SLI') doesn't always correlate.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit they're on to us!

RUN

"I think the lying/deception is the combination of Te-creative and Fe-PoLR. I suspect a lot of them tell certain lies simply because it will save the hassle of actually explaining their circumstances/motivations, or because they want a certain outcome and a lie is the easiest way to secure it. "

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Shit they're on to us!

RUN

"I think the lying/deception is the combination of Te-creative and Fe-PoLR. I suspect a lot of them tell certain lies simply because it will save the hassle of actually explaining their circumstances/motivations, or because they want a certain outcome and a lie is the easiest way to secure it. "

Hey. The lie is a tool just like anything else, right?
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Creepy-Cyclops

I only lie if I think it's the right thing to do, which is strange because I don't think I could sit down and write when I think it's right.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I only lie if I think it's the right thing to do, which is strange because I don't think I could sit down and write when I think it's right.
    Not sure if lying is ever the right thing to do, (ok maybe against the Nazis to save a bunch of cute Austrian singer children with bright futures, a la Sound of Music). But actually for most situations we all would be in I am sure it isn't ever the "right" thing to do. It always makes more problems for later.

It takes up lots of energy trying to remember what you said when and if people figure out you were lying it takes energy to figure out how you can justify it or fix it.

I do not see how SI and TE firsts would ever think it was a good idea to lie. Doesn't it just cause probems!?! Si stress and Te justification issues. .. .

PS It also hurts people's feelings.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
    Not sure if lying is ever the right thing to do, (ok maybe against the Nazis to save a bunch of cute Austrian singer children with bright futures, a la Sound of Music). But actually for most situations we all would be in I am sure it isn't ever the "right" thing to do. It always makes more problems for later.

It takes up lots of energy trying to remember what you said when and if people figure out you were lying it takes energy to figure out how you can justify it or fix it.

I do not see how SI and TE firsts would ever think it was a good idea to lie. Doesn't it just cause probems!?! Si stress and Te justification issues. .. .

PS It also hurts people's feelings.
    Well, it depends on what it is, maybe i'm thinking trivial stuff like i'd maybe phone the boss to phone in sick and lie about the reason (like i'd maybe say i'm not well but reality is I need the day off because my partner is ill and i'd like to look after for the day) ok maybe this isn't best example but I see it were my priorities are..whats more important, my friends, my partner or some company who would get rid of me and move the job to india if it suits them. What i'm saying is my priorities would make me lie over what or who i see as important.

It's kind of like one principle over-riding the other in that respect. Plus it's none of my managers business

Creepy-Cyclops

Also..say my partner or my friend asked me to lie to someone (or about someone) to no end but just to lie and possibly be nasty, although my friend or my partner is more important to me than the other person, the fact that i'm being asked to lie purely for the sake of it, possibly hurting someone else, means that in that situation the lying is wrong, and I wouldn't then.

I guess this is what I mean by situational.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Well, it depends on what it is, maybe i'm thinking trivial stuff like i'd maybe phone the boss to phone in sick and lie about the reason (like i'd maybe say i'm not well but reality is I need the day off because my partner is ill and i'd like to look after for the day) ok maybe this isn't best example but I see it were my priorities are..whats more important, my friends, my partner or some company who would get rid of me and move the job to india if it suits them. What i'm saying is my priorities would make me lie over what or who i see as important.

It's kind of like one principle over-riding the other in that respect. Plus it's none of my managers business
    The trouble might be though that some people can see through it (the lie I mean) and no one necessarily thinks a person who is lying is doing it for a really BAD reason, but, it makes it much harder to trust them later, when you might really need to trust them. Usually the SLIs I have known are actually really good people with strong values and a solid core. But when they lie it makes it hard to trust them, and so people might just stay away in order to avoid confusion or potential problems. You might be put into a peripheral category of friend in=stead of solid best friend place, which SLI are more than capable of fulfilling, and are probably some of the best friend around really. It is sad for me to see this happen, when they are pushed to the side a little, because they have lied about small things.

I hope I am not being mean. I am only talking from experience from interactions with SLIs I have loved and seen hurt. . .
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Shit they're on to us!

RUN

LOL