Thread: How ISTps are seen by Fe-valuing individuals

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once worked with an older woman who I assume was ESFJ. I've never experienced such un-justified hatred from another person in my entire life. My very presence seemed to make her skin crawl. I found it very laughable and amusing. I had never spoken a word to her or even made eye contact with her but my god...the woman hated me. Spread all sorts of vicious rumors about me. I had never even spoken to the woman before and she had all sorts preconceived notions as to what kind of person i was. I don't know why someone would do this to another without at least trying to get to know them beforehand. I try to steer clear of people like this.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a Fe type here, but I haven't had problems with SLIs whatsoever. One of those I know can get a bit pushy, but if you push him off a bit he understands (I guess that's Te with Fe PoLR); the other one is a bit lazy, but hey, I see nothing bad in being lazy.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had people discus the possibility of me being a sociopath in my presence. If anything I'd find it amusing. Generally, I would continue doing what I do, how I do it, probably slightly amused and probably further enforcing their opinion of me. In essence, I know and what I am and I don't care what other that don't really know me think of me. Well, not unless it somehow impeded, restricted me in doing what I do.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    I've had people discus the possibility of me being a sociopath in my presence.
    lol, me too.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I once worked with an older woman who I assume was ESFJ. I've never experienced such un-justified hatred from another person in my entire life. My very presence seemed to make her skin crawl. I found it very laughable and amusing. I had never spoken a word to her or even made eye contact with her but my god... the woman hated me. I had never even spoken to the woman before and she had all sorts preconceived notions as to what kind of person i was.
    I don't know why someone would do this to another without at least trying to get to know them beforehand. I try to steer clear of people like this.
    There's your reasons in bold.
    If this person was actually ESE... You've got someone who pretty much "wants to know everyone they are continually around" to some extent. In working with this person, you're someone that fits into that pretty well. By being as standoffish as you seemed to be, it gave her all the reasons to "judge" you as a bad person because in all actuality, she knew nothing about you other than you didn't seem very friendly to her, at all.

Spread all sorts of vicious rumors about me.
    Some people are just bitches or assholes...

Hahaha, when I think about it, if I were around a person who paid "no" attention to me and I was around them... as in working with them, or going to school with them... etc. I remember actually asking people if they had some kinda problem with me and why. When they said they didn't, I usually just told them why I said what I did and gave them the reasons... much like the ones you actually posted up there yourself. For the most part, this was disarming to both the person along with myself and took that edge off that I'd felt before that conversation.

lol, this may be the wrong place to mention it (since I'm in a thread with ISTP's ), but if someone makes it a point to ignore me, like it seems you did to her, I'd consider it extremely rude and judge you much like she did. I think more of myself though, as I'm not one to go and spread ignorant rumors about people... That's just childish and mean.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not saying all people of her type are that ignorant, everyone is different but yeah...she was a massive bitch.

I put two and two together and i realized the reason she probobly hated me was because I was "ignoring" her. But the thing is, i wasn't doing it on purpose and didn't even realize I was doing it. I just don't talk to people unless they talk to me first and she never made the first move so whatever...she basically became non-existant in my world. The more someone demands attention from me, the more I'll ignore them.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I'm not saying all people of her type are that ignorant, everyone is different but yeah...she was a massive bitch.

I put two and two together and i realized the reason she probobly hated me was because I was "ignoring" her. But the thing is, i wasn't doing it on purpose and didn't even realize I was doing it. I just don't talk to people unless they talk to me first and she never made the first move so whatever...she basically became non-existant in my world. The more someone demands attention from me, the more I'll ignore them.
    This sounds just like me. The more I read your comments, the more similarities I find with myself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=jessica129;346659]I once worked with an older woman who I assume was ESFJ. I've never experienced such un-justified hatred from another person in my entire life. My very presence seemed to make her skin crawl. I found it very laughable and amusing.QUOTE]

This is the way the SLIs I know would handle a situation with strong Fe judgments. They would laugh about it, find it amusing, and absolutely refuse to budge when the Fe person started manipulating the Fe territory in order to get a reaction.

Edit: SLIs are cool. . .hahahah
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason I feel protective of PoLR... And my overall thoughts on SLI is that I like SLI. Yay. The end.