Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
TC:

1. You have yet to explain why exactly you think I'm a "genius" (which, by the way, I think is a preposterous claim to make when you've known me exclusively online for only a few weeks).

2. How does Jung ever completely rule out a thinking type developing his feeling, or visa versa?
Simply because discojoe isn't corroborating with your claims? And he's not retaliated against you, either. If you were an ENxP then he'd probably think you sick.

But "sickness" is relative, isn't it? You probably think I'm the "sick" one, or you would if you are in ENxP. You carefully time your battles. I also remember someone who you actually remind me a lot of, from highschool.
He was one of the best mathematicians in East KY, a mathematical genius by any standard, and certainly an academic one. He radiated this sense of "disharmony" throughout the school, pinning people against each other by working to introduce rebellion-themed culture into the Christian institution. (we're talking a private school on a private college campus) He pulled a lot of pranks and gags, until finally he went too far by plotting a really sophisticated prank involving a "Periodic Table of Students" project sponsored by its ENTP science teacher and one of his friends who was assigned to assist the ENTP with the project. That "Fusium" had been arranged next to "Calvin Kleinium" came like a bolt from the blue to the teacher. He and his co-conspirators got community service for that prank. He didn't come back the next semester, either.

See the psychological types essay, links to which are posted elsewhere on this board. (or an internet search will get you to it quickly, too) Jung does say that a thinker can develop his feeling, but he makes the point that the two can never be in polarity, or else the psyche will be "primitive". I can't provide you a direct link to his statements about the evolution of the psyche, but I can affirm to you that he did indeed tie the development of unconscious functions to the concept of archetypal transcention.

He only reported his observations of people's relations to each other. To have thought about them would have driven him insane.