Thread: Is this Duality?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is this Duality?

Deleted for mistyping. Apologies.
    Last edited by unefille; 09-15-2008 at 07:47 AM.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your parents are ENFj/ISTp?

If you grew up with your dual, it seems like you'd attract them more easily. I think I read that in Rick's blog. Or maybe his old website? Hmmm I'll try to find where I read it.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-Cyclops

@unifille

I think it is ENFp-ISTp duality.

It actually describes very much the relation I have with my ENFp cousin. It was really good to hear it from what I entirely believe is hers, which is also yours ie ENFp side. And I think that's would be pretty much how she see's it. It's great, in 'it?!

Thank you for posting this.
    Last edited by Cyclops; 04-15-2008 at 02:12 PM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never felt that way around anyone. But who cares about "duality", obviously this relationship works.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I've never felt that way around anyone. But who cares about "duality", obviously this relationship works.
    Your right. It's like what came first, the chicken or the egg?

It's not uncommon to try work out why something's good tho, I think.

So .. should we look for a relation that works, or should we look for duality. Often we find one that works before we know it is duality. And the ones that don't work, we realise afterwards a number of things, and then ... hindsight being a wonderful thing and that, as the saying goes.

With that in mind, as we don't know what came first, why not change it a little to say, who cares if the relation works, it is duality!

I think what I'm trying to say is, we don't know it's duality until we get to know them, but then if we can at least recognise those we don't get on with a little sooner..if we can at least have a little clue to be cautious, but still proceed, then funky.

Anyway, if you got this far, cheers lol

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep sounds very dual like to me! Congrats. I find ISTp's are more attracted to me when im happier too (pretty obvious i suppose).

Duality is certianlly not the be all and end all, im finally starting to realise that. I just think im very reluctant to settle with just anyone. A perfect example (may) be unefille's parents relationship (assuming that is their types). They are making it work but to be honest their life long hapiness has been compromised to some degree. Its the possibilities i suppose. Im idealistic enough at the moment that i want to keep my options open by being alone, rather cling to someone else who im unsure about.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unefille View Post
    These days, I seem to be surrounded by ISTps. It's as though they've all come out of the woodwork. Maybe it's also because I know how to spot them, so I'll notice them and say hi and establish relations with them.
    It happens to everybody who reaches a certain level of knowledge about socionics, I think. I also spot lots of SLIs every day, mostly because I used to have a vague understanding of people and now it is more precise. Before I thought "I've seen that before" and now I think "he's an ESE". Not that I want risking to obsess myself with labels, but socionics is well structured and prevents me from making unnecessary deviations from the proven observations/rules, which is the negative part of Ne+Fi.

Analyzing it throughly, what I'm really doing is forcing myself to value Ti. My normal Fi mode of understanding sometimes makes singularities where there are really generalities. Ti handles what is statistically significant while Fi handles what is outside the norm. Obviously, neither mode covers the 100% of the possibilities.

Even tough socionics would predict very few conflictor/super ego relationships, there are lots of them. And I believe it's because there is something truly appealing about the unexplored side of our own psyche.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.