Quote Originally Posted by CelestialFire View Post

Another thing that I've recently noticed, is that I *think* I sometimes pick up people's emotional states and feel them myself...like a chameleon...but I'm not sure...

ex..
Hypothetically, if someone around me feels insecure, and there are no outward signs of it, i'll feel insecure too...even though I'm not one to usually feel insecure or have reason to in that situation...What do you think? Has anyone ever experienced that?

This happens to me too. I find it usually works against me because instead of being independent I quickly become almost "tied" to the state of someone else. I've learned to almost "block" this to a degree but when I do this people accuse me of being cold and selfish and my self-worth diminishes. And when I do give into it (i.e. with the last girl I did anything with) I've found, when relations end and the truth comes out that they actually didn't come close to knowing who I really was. Also people tend to project their own characteristics/traits upon me which pisses me off.