Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
Si is typically associated with food, clothing, and other physically literal things. Not to imply that is incorrect, but it seems very conceptually demarcated and therefore clinical. I think Si should definitely be described in more vibe-like terms. Perhaps in how physical objects affect your 'center' and force you to adapt to a new inner equillibrium. For example, I'm wearing very informal clothing right now within the confines of my room, so naturally my posture and inner sense reflects this mood. Were I wearing a suit in a office, I guarentee I wouldn't be slouched sideways with one foot on the computer tower and the other resting across my knee.

...the whole point being that regardless of the environment, I would 'adjust' myself and feel just as comfortable and 'with it', within it.
I agree that it's hard to see Si in a non-clinical way. It's not that I don't see how Si manifests itself in my everyday life - I just don't see it as adding much value to my life really. But I do like the feeling of being really in tune with my physicality and being able to adapt to different environments. In a way, I sort of feel like my body can do anything I want it to you know? Not that it could, but that's just how I feel when I'm feeling confident about myself. I can't really put it in words really - but I like the feeling of having complete control over my body. To give an example which will prob sound a little weird but anyway .... when I'm on the tram and there are no seats left I sort of enjoy keeping my balance with my muscles and knowing what muscles to use in order to do this - cause the trams can jerk like anything and if you're not holding on to something you can go hurtling into people's laps and stuff. But anyway, yeah - I just like that feeling of being really aware of how I'm using my body. Prob sounds rather weird .... Another example is when I'm playing the piano I've found that I can control how my nerves manifest themselves - like instead of my fingers shaking (which obviously has a detrimental effect on a performance ) I can push it down so that only my left leg shakes (the right one can't shake because it's pedaling). Little things like that fascinate me. A piano professor was telling a group of us that he had a trick of clenching his left leg when he wanted to play something incredibly soft (I don't know why it works - it just seems to allow the rest of you to relax or something) - and I was like "!!!!! I've already found that out!" I just thought it was awesome that my little discoveries were validated by a concert pianist lol.