Thread: Meeting Your Identicals Stories

Hybrid View

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know many of my identicals - but I have an Aunty who is one. She's awesome - I think she represents the pinnacle of SEI fantasticness. She's just a really nice person - easygoing, kind and understanding - plus she's really good at woodworking and stuff. She built her own house mostly by herself! She and her husband and kids were all living in a caravan before that.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that's quite a spectrum of reactions here. How sure were any of you that the people you were talking to were, indeed identicals? I mean, an obvious point would be "they think like you" but how often do you get to know how a person thinks?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I can keep conflicts on a non serious level they are great: get my jokes, "fight" back, team up. Otherwise they are a fucking pain.

There have been moments of amazing relating.
    LSI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only met one person that I can definitely say was ENFp. He was pretty cool... but I felt like I was talking to myself. It was so predictable it was scary.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Wow, that's quite a spectrum of reactions here. How sure were any of you that the people you were talking to were, indeed identicals? I mean, an obvious point would be "they think like you" but how often do you get to know how a person thinks?
    Yeah, I'll doubt myself sometimes when id'ing identicals b/c a lot of them, when I think about them, seem pretty different than me, (e.g. their interests, how they're dressed, what music they're into, etc.)

Usually I doubt these id's more in retrospect... There's an almost instant recognition when I'm communicating with one, or even just observing one... For example, that video meatburger posted, (I think it was meatburger anyway,please correct me if I'm wrong,) where he was observing a sunset/street scene in which someone was getting arrested--I knew he was ENFp within twenty seconds. I did not even need to see him--it wasn't just his inflections, but what he was choosing to focus on--it was so much like me and other ENFps I've id'd.

Same when I've watched Meredith Viera interview someone on that morning show she's on, or that movie about Bob Dylan and saw how Joan Baez acts...

Now that I've got a few years of id'ing under my belt, it's easier--I don't need to know too much about how these people, specifically, think.