Threaded View

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Introvert/extrovert as related to functions (not types) is a very weak descriptor. The popularity this label enjoys in the discourse on this forum is unwarranted.

Limiting/empowering is quite strong in comparison. It is linked to both the static/dynamic dichotomy AND the accepting/creating dichotomy, which are the two strongest descriptors in the socionics terminology.
    I concur.

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Process types are Negative Dynamic and Positive Static. They play a "deductive" game (one with deterministic rules) and try to win by using induction to find shortcuts to an answer.
    Result types are Positive Dynamic and Negative Static. They play an "inductive" game (one with stochastic rules) and try to win by forming rules that allow deduction.
    The poll in my signature hopes to separate ideological tendencies into rational/empirical and deterministic/statistic dichotomies and I am planning to eventually correlate the results to a preference in information metabolism (I personally expect S/N accepting types to favor deductive inference and T/F accepting types to favor inductive inference); can you list the types that correspond to negative dynamic/positive static and positive dynamic/negative static for comparison? I also encourage you to vote yourself (it's multiple choice):

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19403
    Last edited by Nexus; 06-16-2008 at 01:01 AM.