TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default hey guys, what's my type?

So, abit about myself

Right now, I'm at the point in my life where I want to bring out the best in others. I can appreciate a person for who they are, at this point I'm considering being a motivational speaker. I consider myself highly optimistic. I used to think ALOT, recently(after indulging in self development and philosophy) I've come to learn to forget the future/past and live in the now(although, I'm still adjusting). When I'm at home, I think, but when outside, I shut it off.

I consider myself rational, often pondering theories. While I could care less what other people think, I keep myself guarded. I have the ability for charisma & make friends/lovers easily. I don't often use it(unless I conciously do so). Its hard for me to grow to trust people and expose myself. Plus I have a tight knit group of friends, so I see no need to expand.

I see myself as a logical person. I always take the objective side of things, and don't put my feelings into it. If a decision needs to be made, I weigh the risks with the benefits. However, I can also be impulsive, (specifically with money) When my friends/family/loved ones are involved, emotion takes a HUGE leap in my decision making. Logic is still there, but emotions make me rationalize behavior that I normally would disapprove of. That can only go so far, though.

I value the people in my life to a great extent, even to the point where I would put them above myself. VERY LOYAL. However, I've recently learn to put myself above everyone, and to stick to my values.

I don't really think about leadership. If there needs to be a leader, I'll take on the role. If another decides to step up, then that's cool too. However, when I'm talking to someone I like, I'll be more assertive. I know when to step up and when not to, and when it quite frankly doesn't matter. LOL.

Definitely more go with the flow, disorganized(but in an organized kind of way). Very spontaneous, dislike routines. LOVE making jokes & amusing myself, been told to have a great sense of humor. Laid back. Life is about happiness, having FUN. I care about the emotions of people close to me, ALOT. If they're not close, I still care but to a lesser extent.

When at home/friends I can let LOOSE. Now, Im becoming alot more comfortable letting lose in social environments. Internally focused, want to bring out the best within myself, not rely on others to do it for me(self-sufficient?)I have lots of energy. LOTS, enthusiastic, like to keep a great vibe between the group. Love to inspire people, makes me feel good =). Can calm down when needed/appropriate. Confident, depending on situation. Unique, don't gravitate towards social norms. My ideas reality constructs/ethics/moralities way different then the next. LOVE to debate/discuss ideas(especially abstract concepts). I've questioned/question ALOT of things, very inquisitive. Social interactions are really really interesting, studying them is a hobby of mine. Doing and thinking both have their place, think on the huge stuff, just go for it on the little stuff.

Expressing feelings..hmm..Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's difficult. When I feel something emotionally, like really feel it, I know what's bothering me/feel the topic, it can be easy to articulate, I get passionate. When I get into emotional topics I express it, but if I'm just asked how I feel, I won't go into depth. NON- judgemental, person feels at ease talking to me.

Consider myself practical, and very interested in ideas. I have an awesome sense of imagination. I'll try out different things, see which works best for me. I like to go into the depth of things, get past the surface(whether it be people, or ideas) Persistent/determined if I find something worthwhile, if not, ehhh...

Music's my passion, love listening to it, and creating it. One thing I really love about music is how you can take something considered negative, like pain, and turn it into something beautiful. I have grown to have a deep appreciation for the strength it takes for someone to overcome struggle. More articulate when I write, than speaking.

Feels like I'm missing something. Meh, Hopefully, this is enough bragging. LOL

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overall I think EIE makes the most sense.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds too laid-back and spontaneous to me for an EIE.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, what would you then suggest?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't know.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my view, the description goes into so many directions that if we look at every detail we find reasons to dismiss any type. The most consistent themes I see are related to inspiring people, motivating them, and a very high confidence in social interactions. So far it could be EIE or IEE, but then there is the stuff on logic and discussing/debating ideas, plus specific references to Se as in "However, when I'm talking to someone I like, I'll be more assertive. I know when to step up and when not to, and when it quite frankly doesn't matter".

This sentence is an EIE giveaway, in my opinion: "Music's my passion, love listening to it, and creating it. One thing I really love about music is how you can take something considered negative, like pain, and turn it into something beautiful. I have grown to have a deep appreciation for the strength it takes for someone to overcome struggle."

And "When I feel something emotionally, like really feel it, I know what's bothering me/feel the topic, it can be easy to articulate, I get passionate. When I get into emotional topics I express it, but if I'm just asked how I feel, I won't go into depth. NON- judgemental, person feels at ease talking to me."

All this talk about "passion" is another EIE giveaway. EIEs are proud of being "passionate" even about the most trivial things - "oh I am passionate about cooking" and stuff like that.

And this: "I used to think ALOT, recently(after indulging in self development and philosophy) I've come to learn to forget the future/past and live in the now(although, I'm still adjusting)."

This is a giveaway of a Ni person who recently, for some reason, decided/was told that they thought too much.

And other things. Overall I think EIE makes a lot of sense.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Overall I think EIE makes the most sense.
    No, it doesn't. Expat's judgment has gone astray; none of his typings are trustworthy these days.

You are definitely an IEE (ENFp), thePirate.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    No, it doesn't. Expat's judgment has gone astray; none of his typings are trustworthy these days.

You are definitely an IEE (ENFp), thePirate.
    http://www.nizkor.org/features/falla...-the-well.html
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem like a charming fellow.

EDIT: Sorry, I haven't read your post yet. I just felt like being a nice forum member today.
    Last edited by Lotus; 03-25-2008 at 06:29 PM. Reason: lovssss
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, thePirate. You sound almost identical to my best friend. Both in the things you talk about and how you talk about them. I had him figured for an ENFp.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Score One For Phaedrus.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o.O

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I'd do yah.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^lol. More perspectives would be great.

ENFJ seems more likely after reading both descriptions. Both sound accurate(actually, a lot of the descriptions do), but it seems I am more 'beta' quadrant then 'delta'. I felt mistyped in prior tests, but all fell within beta.

Aish. Again,. thanks for the input everyone. REAL helpful =)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    ENFJ seems more likely after reading both descriptions. Both sound accurate(actually, a lot of the descriptions do), but it seems I am more 'beta' quadrant then 'delta'. I felt mistyped in prior tests, but all fell within beta.
    I don't know what you have tested as -- that would be interesting to know. And forget about the quadras at the moment. That people focus too early on the quadras in the typing process is a major cause of mistypings.

How do you fit the general descriptions of the differences between rational and irrational types and behaviours? There are many such descriptions, and I suggest that you study them in depth.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I don't know what you have tested as -- that would be interesting to know. And forget about the quadras at the moment. That people focus too early on the quadras in the typing process is a major cause of mistypings.

How do you fit the general descriptions of the differences between rational and irrational types and behaviours? There are many such descriptions, and I suggest that you study them in depth.

This is completely opposite of the most efficient, effective, and accurate way to determine most people's types. Just because it doesn't give you the type you want to be doesn't mean it's inaccurate.

And btw, your method is the one I used when I first got here. That along with the "so that's what's wrong with me" attitude had me believing I was ILE for like half a year.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post

This is completely opposite of the most efficient, effective, and accurate way to determine most people's types. Just because it doesn't give you the type you want to be doesn't mean it's inaccurate.

And btw, your method is the one I used when I first got here. That along with the "so that's what's wrong with me" attitude had me believing I was ILE for like half a year.
    What on earth are you talking about? What is your point? I've already stated (in my first post in this thread) that thePirate's correct type is ENFp. So the truth is now established. The only problem left is to convince him/her that he/she is ENFp instead of ENFj, because the risk of being brainwashed by some other persons here is rather great. And one way of convincing thePirate is to suggest what to read in order to see more clearly the obvious differences between ENFj and ENFp.

Looking at the quadras is not such a way, however, and that's why the quadras should be ignored at this point. First you establish the correct type by other means, then you look at your quadra to learn more about your relationships with other types. That's the correct way to go.

And, by the way, if you really are an LIE, then it is totally impossible to confuse yourself with an ILE using my methods.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you can show pics it could be helpful.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL @ Dio - the VI expert.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    LOL @ Dio - the VI expert.
    Lot @u expert of nothing
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Can you boost me up? I've been having low self-esteem recently. I feel like such a worthless loser. I used to be like this really charming guy but I just lost all my 'spunk' it seems. It's like I don't know when I should be witty/uptight, etc and when I should be serious.... I'm even ashamed of asking for help because I know it's very subordinate male-ish and I should just suck it up and make the most out of things because hey, I get food and water every day and I've at least had sex a few times before isn't that good enough?

Then again the guys who don't ask for help tend to be guys I hate anyway and never really had my respect and I always wanted to avoid them as much as possible so whatever.

I just always kinda feel disheartened because it seems people that are like me don't seem to have much power and people that I hate are the ones in charge of things. UGH AUTHORITY.

And quite honestly I've had it up to here with 'therapy' anyway- tried that, got the t-shirt etc. But motivational speakers do interest me.

Let me tell you something, some people find the inspiration types to be annoying but I don't. As long as you don't get TOO Life Coach-y© on me, we can hang. =) I don't know, I've always wanted to eat lunch with Oprah because she's idealistic yet down-to-earth enough where she can talk about her own poop. You just gotta love that in a gal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Can you boost me up? I've been having low self-esteem recently. I feel like such a worthless loser.
    Try some POWERTHIRST. I love it.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you boost me up? I've been having low self-esteem recently. I feel like such a worthless loser. I used to be like this really charming guy but I just lost all my 'spunk' it seems. It's like I don't know when I should be witty/uptight, etc and when I should be serious.... I'm even ashamed of asking for help because I know it's very subordinate male-ish and I should just suck it up and make the most out of things because hey, I get food and water every day and I've at least had sex a few times before isn't that good enough?

Then again the guys who don't ask for help tend to be guys I hate anyway and never really had my respect and I always wanted to avoid them as much as possible so whatever.

I just always kinda feel disheartened because it seems people that are like me don't seem to have much power and people that I hate are the ones in charge of things. UGH AUTHORITY.

And quite honestly I've had it up to here with 'therapy' anyway- tried that, got the t-shirt etc. But motivational speakers do interest me.

Let me tell you something, some people find the inspiration types to be annoying but I don't. As long as you don't get TOO Life Coach-y© on me, we can hang. =) I don't know, I've always wanted to eat lunch with Oprah because she's idealistic yet down-to-earth enough where she can talk about her own poop. You just gotta love that in a gal.
    LOL, hey bro, you made a great point. I was having a conversation about this the other day. As long as your basic needs are taken care of, your life isn't in danger, then there is NO reason why you should not be happy. However, realizing this, is another story. A lot of people seem to attribute internal needs to external, which looks to cause a long cycle of misery.

The important thing to realize is the state of mind you are in is always a choice.(chemical imbalance or otherwise being ignored here ) If you feel like a loser, you are one. It's that simple man. You want to feel great about yourself, do it! Surround yourself with stuff that makes you feel great. Think about memories where you felt great, immerse yourself. Cut off these negative thought patterns in your head, they're only reinforcing these beliefs.

& No one "should" be/do ANYTHING, although some will try to impose their own beliefs on you. I had the same mindset, and it made me feel horrible. You are who you are, don't attempt to be. Just be.

* There's no reason to hate anyone. All that is, is a projection of insecurities. Not to mention, you will attract people whose state of mind you're in. Would you want to surround yourself with people who hate others?

Instead of HATING those authoritative types, appreciate their strength of character, and inquire about it. Hey, you might learn a thing or two!

I've been in that exact same position. Sometimes, I STILL get into it, LOL. But, You ARE still that charming, GREAT person, REGARDLESS bro. We ALL are. Don't supress him with negativity, UNLEASH THE BEAST. HAVE FUN! YARR!!

Btw, thanks phaedrus, appreciate it.

Edit: Back to sQuare one? LOL.

MUCH appreciated, you guys rock!
    Last edited by thePirate; 03-29-2008 at 06:10 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    LOL, hey bro, you made a great point. I was having a conversation about this the other day. As long as your basic needs are taken care of, your life isn't in danger, then there is NO reason why you should not be happy. However, realizing this, is another story. A lot of people seem to attribute internal needs to external, which looks to cause a long cycle of misery.
    is this an example of devalued Ne? or has it got nothing to do with Ne?

also thePirate, hello! I was wondering if you could clarify what you meant by "people seem to attribute internal needs to external"? (PM me if you don't want to clutter this thread)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    is this an example of devalued Ne? or has it got nothing to do with Ne?
    I see the belief itself more as indicative of Fe over Fi preference. Statements like "as long as this is true -- there is no reason why that should not be true" is Ti.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey man, I don't think I've ever talked to you before--I only know you through your posts--but you're one of my favorite ppl here... I always look forward to reading what you say... I'm sure it might sound better coming from one of the ladies, but it seems to me that you're the shiz dude.

I agree with you about Oprah too. haha

Creepy-Cyclops

Bullets and Doves, my advice is to try and not be quite so judgemental