Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: eating habits

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    yeah, but do you really think most americans are eating enough spinach to suffer a fatal overdose?
    of course not

I was arguing against his extreme "no limit spinach diet" thing

I like spinach myself
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    of course not

I was arguing against his extreme "no limit spinach diet" thing

I like spinach myself
    someone out there will read this and use it as a valid reason not to eat spinach. it would probably be more reasonable to suggest eating more dark green veggies and such.

i do actually agree with UDP (for once!) that if i'm eating a better diet i can generally tell a difference in the way i feel etc.

although i've already talked about this, i eat a pretty reasonably balanced vegetarian diet. i do amp up the protein to incredible amounts sometimes, esp if i'm doing a lot of exercise.

i'm generally shit at maintaining a pattern of super duper healthy living for any reasonable period of time, though. i can't really see myself becoming fabio-esque any time soon.

re: organic vs not-technically-organic vegetables -- the only thing where i could actually taste the difference = tomatoes. i think organic tomatoes are amazing.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

someone out there will read this and use it as a valid reason not to eat spinach.
    I'd hope no one would be that stupid.

i do actually agree with UDP (for once!) that if i'm eating a better diet i can generally tell a difference in the way i feel etc.
    Well, I'd agree with that, though I disagree on what "better diet" can mean.

although i've already talked about this, i eat a pretty reasonably balanced vegetarian diet. i do amp up the protein to incredible amounts sometimes, esp if i'm doing a lot of exercise.
    I don't really agree with this, I don't think being purely vegetarian is the most healthy thing. I also think eating too much meat is a bad thing, which is why in my first post I said I like moderation. I eat red meat, fish, tofu, dairy, some vegtables... and a lot of dem good carbs. Dairy has it's downs sides, as does red meat, but only if you over do it... no one's been hurt by eating a REASONABLE amount of these things. Just don't be stupid about it.

Oh yeah, and sushi is the food of the Gods.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd hope no one would be that stupid.
    you'd be surprised.

Well, I'd agree with that, though I disagree on what "better diet" can mean.
    what are you thinking?

I don't really agree with this, I don't think being purely vegetarian is the most healthy thing. I also think eating too much meat is a bad thing, which is why in my first post I said I like moderation. I eat red meat, fish, tofu, dairy, some vegtables... and a lot of dem good carbs. Dairy has it's downs sides, as does red meat, but only if you over do it... no one's been hurt by eating a REASONABLE amount of these things. Just don't be stupid about it.

Oh yeah, and sushi is the food of the Gods.
    eh, i do eat a lot of sushi when i get the chance. it's one of the few meat-based dishes i'll actually eat, and afaik, fish is generally not bad for you. i agree sushi is awesome. so i'm not "purely vegetarian." i'm not fond of chicken or beef, really. and i get plenty of dairy products.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate spinach. I can't swallow them. They're like swallowing a chewing gum that tastes like...spinach.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    Another way to think about "organic" -- the only reason crops without synthetic manipulation seem so healthy, benevolent, and tasty is because of the human-induced domesticating process. That is to say, many humans got sick or perhaps even died trying other vegetation as food, years ago before domestication -- and we enjoy the filtered results.

(There is the "niche" argument which goes that the species' evolutionary relaltionship with the environment does much of this filtering for us. But I do not think it really applies because of how relatively quickly humans migrated across the globe out of the original african niche and the range of its food sources.)

Synthetic manipulation (the next step after domestication) primarily has been done to improve yields and reduce costs -- so it does not surprise me if "organic" tastes somewhat better. But recently, especially in bioengineering, manipulations are being done to improve taste, too. Recent studies have found consumers prefering some brands of genetically modified tomatoes to the merely domesticated ones.
    HUMANS WILL DESTROY THE ENVIRONMENT, DEPRESSION WILL HIT THE USA FOREVER, DEFORMED CHILDREN WILL WALK ALL AROUND THE GLOBE EATING THEIR PARENTS

just making fun of merrys'
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you'd be surprised.
    Do I have to add a disclaimer... "look this stuff up for yourself before you use it to make important decisions about your diet" ???

eh, i do eat a lot of sushi when i get the chance. it's one of the few meat-based dishes i'll actually eat, and afaik, fish is generally not bad for you. i agree sushi is awesome. so i'm not "purely vegetarian." i'm not fond of chicken or beef, really. and i get plenty of dairy products.
    well ok... I typically find chicken boring... beef is yummy though. I don't think I'll ever stop eating it completely... and I'm sure that's not going to be a health problem.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-Cyclops

Meet is good for you. It's low fibre content means the protein is easily absorbed, and it contains a blend of vitamins and minerals in optimum quantities for the body. It's the sort of thing our bodies were designed for.

The only issue is corn fed farm cattle and such, where the meat is higher in fats etc due to the animals diet and activity levels. If we were to eat wild game (ie venison) then red meat would be really good for us. Of course the cost and the practicallity of providing that on a large food chain scale are not good.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Meet is good for you. It's low fibre content means the protein is easily absorbed, and it contains a blend of vitamins and minerals in optimum quantities for the body. It's the sort of thing our bodies were designed for.

The only issue is corn fed farm cattle and such, where the meat is higher in fats etc due to the animals diet and activity levels. If we were to eat wild game (ie venison) then red meat would be really good for us. Of course the cost and the practicallity of providing that on a large food chain scale are not good.
    mmm I ate venison last night

anyway, it's really not worth it to eat game meat like that... remember, you're probably eating some old, tough animal, as opposed to a tender one. it's not a big deal. just don't eat it every night.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I eat a lot. everyday.
    if i have 3 meals a day, it's like 2 portions per meal.
    sometimes i have up to 7 meals a day.

i get hungry really easily, like every 3 hrs. LOL!

then there are days where i don't sleep enough, and that affects my appetite.

i don't eat pork. NO I'M NOT MUSLIM OR JEW, or w/e
    INTp
    sx/sp

What can I say, I love cheeseburgers. I try to keep my meat intake low, but God damn woman. I need them calories. I'm too thin. Yeah, that's it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Byrning down the house! View Post
    What can I say, I love cheeseburgers. I try to keep my meat intake low, but God damn woman. I need them calories. I'm too thin. Yeah, that's it.
    awesome way to spend your semi-monthy post.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

I think I'd like to plan to make them quarterly, around the the time of the equinoxes and solstices.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmm I ate venison last night

anyway, it's really not worth it to eat game meat like that... remember, you're probably eating some old, tough animal, as opposed to a tender one. it's not a big deal. just don't eat it every night.
    I've never had venison... everyone says it's delicious though, I want to try it.

Spinach though... I know it's healthy for you but..

"Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Creepy-bg

venison is good, elk is better, buffalo is best (actually elk and buffalo are about equally good)

Creepy-bg

yeah, I hate spinach

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the thing i don't like about venison is the texture (and lack) of fat. the meat itself is fine but scraping the roof of my mouth after every bite is not really fun.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just snack on things whenever I'm hungry enough to be motivated to find something to eat but I'm generally too lazy to spend time making meals or anything fancy. So say there's cheese, cold-cuts and bread in my refrigerator. Ok, it would seem logical that I'd take them all out and put them together to make a sandwich. No not me, I usually just just take a piece of cheese and eat it while pacing around the kitchen and by the time I get back to the refrigerator I'm done but still hungry so I'll get a piece of bread and eat it while pacing around the kitchen and by the time I get back to the refrigerator I'm done but still hungry so I'll take some cold-cuts and eat them while pacing around the kitchen and by the time I get back to the refrigerator I'm done but still hungry...

Whether I eat healthy or not is dependent upon whether there's easily accessible "healthy" food around, but it's not something I pay too much attention to. In university I'd often find myself in financially precarious situations whereby I learned that I'd rather survive on stale cookies for a few days than have no cigarettes, lol, weak Si
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a feeling i'm going to start loosing massive amounts of weight soon. That's the bright side of being poor.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lower Class Chic
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ghetto-chic
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i be eatin all the times.
    asd

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh shi! I forgot to eat breakfast! I'll brb.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Wait you're trying to lose weight? why
    She's a woman.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is just stupid for two reasons.

1) Spinach is toxic (oxalic acid) and can make you sick/kill you if you eat too much
    2) Spinach also has a lot of Vitamin A in it, which is fat soluble, which means you can overdose on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Spinach though... I know it's healthy for you but..

[img]wussdog[/img]

Oh what a bunch of pansies
    Here, have some of this.

Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmmm I heart baby food!!! You know what is the best thing evar? Heinz Fruits of the Forest Gel. And no I don't have kids or much younger siblings. I just really like fruits of the forest gel.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it does say for all ages.......afterall.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to be very careful with what I eat, because my digestion is very poor. It sucks, but through the years I've adjusted, and adjusted, and adjusted, and so by now I have a fairly good idea of what I can get away with ... and since what I can get away with is not much, I keep myself pretty healthy.
    Breakfast is fruit, usually 2-4 apples, oranges or grapefruit, or an equivalent amount (as in, a lot) of something else, like strawberries or watermelon. I never eat anything other than fruit before noon. Noon is an arbitrary time I've picked, but it simplifies things for me. I usually don't eat fruit after I've started eating other foods, either.
    I eat a lot of fresh veggies. Tons of romaine, lots of carrots & celery and parsley ... tomatoes (yes, botanically a fruit, but digests like a vegetable), bell peppers, broccoli, etc. I can tell a difference if I don't get my greens every day.
    With any other foods, I have to take enzymes to support my digestion, and even with enzymes, I can't handle meat, high fats, or much dairy (a little cheese is usually OK).
    It's a lot of work, and I miss meat and ice cream and french fries, etc. On the upside, I look about ten years younger than my age ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best food that comes in a jar.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post

The best food that comes in a jar.
    The best food, period.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a PB&J sandwich for lunch today! I actually make them like grilled cheese - toast them in a pan til the peanut butter gets nice and melty. Mmmmmmm...

As for my other eating habits - I eat a little bit of everything. And that pretty much describes it.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to eat peanut butter sandwiches like they were going out of style. Crunchy PB sandwiches with a huge glass of cold milk = the best. Nuts are good food.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this thread is making me hungry.

my diet consists of fruits, veggies, low-fat dairy, sushi, hummus, and boca burgers.

my 2 favorite fat foods are falafel and moist chocolate cake with tonssssssss of frosting
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    this thread is making me hungry.

my diet consists of fruits, veggies, low-fat dairy, sushi, hummus, and boca burgers.

my 2 favorite fat foods are falafel and moist chocolate cake with tonssssssss of frosting
    I looooovvvveeee sushi.
    Of course I've only had "americanized" sushi, but I've liked everything I've tried so far.
    But I don't really like sweets for some reason.
    I've never really liked cake/ice cream/candy. I just don't like sweet foods.

Except peanutbutter&jelly (But only mixed together, not in separate jars)

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Anyone here ever go on a huge sushi binge? You know, just really let yourself go?
    Ummm what do you mean?
    One time I ate a lot of sushi.

Hey, what's your favorite?

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh my god.
    i reallllllyyy want sushi right now.

HEY! Anyone want to take me out for sushi?
    please?

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    i'd do it if you were within 50mi radius.

I'm not.
    Ughh. I can't find anyone to go with me.
    The last person I called is like "ew, I hate sushi."

I hate you guys for making me hungry.
    And I hate myself for having friends that hate seafood.
    And I hate eating by myself.
    Oh well, take-out it is!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's cheezeits for me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Anyone here ever go on a huge sushi binge? You know, just really let yourself go?
    mmmm sushi. when i'm at school im 5 minutes away in every direction from decent sushi, but the sushi at home is insane and there's like a bjillion places so it's cheap as hell.

in terms of sushi binges, at home there's a sushi buffet every wednesday night where they put out all different soups (miso included), the salad with the ginger dressing, and so many different kinds of sushi and salads (such as seaweed). i won't eat all day just for the buffet. ahhhhhh tomorrow is wednesday n i wanna go home just for the buffet!!!!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast