Thread: Susan Sarandon

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    Ganin typed her as ESTj. What do you think?
    That it both looks and sounds like a very good guess. She is clearly an extravert, and her facial structure is typical of a rational type. I would even say that based on V.I. she really can't be an irrational type; her rationality is too obvious. She also looks very similar to at least one female ESTj I know IRL. And I think that she seems to be a logical type too. No clear sign of ethicalness there, as far as I can tell.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    No clear sign of ethicalness there, as far as I can tell.
    She and Tim Robbins are always fighting and speaking out for stuff like this:

Which, my opinion is is that it's an ethical issue to her.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    She and Tim Robbins are always fighting and speaking out for stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbncOXkKzcs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40daMydUJ28

Which, my opinion is is that it's an ethical issue to her.
    What you say here illustrates the problem with the miselading type labels in Socionics, because whether an issue is ethical or not has nothing at all to do with whether you are a logical or an ethical type. From now on, I think I will use the labels "T" and "F" instead, and my point is that I see no obvious signs of F in her. She seems to be a T type.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    What you say here illustrates the problem with the miselading type labels in Socionics, because whether an issue is ethical or not has nothing at all to do with whether you are a logical or an ethical type. From now on, I think I will use the labels "T" and "F" instead, and my point is that I see no obvious signs of F in her. She seems to be a T type.
    No, I wasn't trying to say that because she speaks out on ethical issues that that makes her an ethical type. I made a partial statement and didn't complete the thought.

What I was trying to drive at was maybe in the approach in how she deals with issues like that. There might be a semblance of ethics, but I wasn't trying to insinuate that she's an ethical type because of the issue. Listen to her tone:

"I say to those who tell me that we are fighting this war over there so that it doesn't come here, listen to the sons and daughters who are returning on their familes and you will know that the war is being fought here in the hearts and minds and bodies of those that are returning, and have already sacrificed so much, shame on you. We are here today to say it is time to remove the burden of the political crisis of the Iraq war from our soldiers and commit to caring for a new generation of Americans who are grieving, severely wounded and mentally troubled."

Now, granted, this is only a small quote snippet, and I would actually agree on the whole that she is a rational type. All I'm trying to do is lay out examples of how she might use or as a vehicle and to what capacity she might use them/if she's weak or strong in either. I would think if anything, those videos demonstrate at the very least strong or valued . But by no means do I think that this alone makes her an ethical type. I'm just trying to expand on well known information about her to try to assist in extrapolating a type.

I apologize if my thought was unclear.
    Last edited by tereg; 03-20-2008 at 02:32 PM.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do we agree that she is most likely an EXXj?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can really relate to this woman.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ENFJ

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get compared to her frequently. Use that information wisely, my friends.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Susan Sarandon: “[Gore Vidal’s] just such an original. He’s so American in that way, you know. He’s clearly such a believer in the republic in a very idealistic way, which is such a strange thing to learn about him because you could think that he was being cynical—(sometimes his way of speaking, and he’s so very funny and so biting)—but in fact he so believes in the purity of the republic. And I think after he wasn’t able to successfully run for office that it really was devastating to him, you know. I think it’s part of his family thing and you could tell that was a turning point for him.”

Interviewer: “What would you have made of [Gore Vidal] as a president or a senator?”

Susan Sarandon: “Well, he’s just too smart to ever be elected. He speaks too smart. He’s just too intellectual.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ce=dictionary#

Gore Vidal’s Tragic Final Decade

One of America’s sharpest literary personalities spent his last decade drunk and lonely, but remained fiery and lusty till the end, as his friends like Susan Sarandon, employees, and relatives recount.

Gore Vidal opened his second memoir, Point to Point Navigation, published in 2006, writing that he hoped he was moving graciously “toward the door marked Exit… For the young, death is supremely unnatural. For the old, it is so natural that it is not worth thinking about.” Death was “unavoidable,” Vidal said of his partner Howard Austen’s death in 2003. “One or the other is going to die, it’s inevitable that both will be dead. I’m stoic.”

But there was very little calm or graceful about Vidal's final decade, as I learnt researching my book In Bed With Gore Vidal: Hustlers, Hollywood and the Private World of an American Master. They were years marked by a descent into extreme alcoholism and dementia, and by painful feuding with close family and friends. He died in July 2012 in a bed in his Hollywood Hills living room, overlooking his garden.

Late in his life, Vidal told his friend Susan Sarandon that “everyone was dying,” that “he was the only one left, he and Joanne [Woodward, another close friend]. He told me, ‘I think about death all the time. Who would have thought I’d be the last one standing?’ But he never seemed morose. He was befuddled sometimes, but on certain subjects—and if he had to give a speech—he was as clear as a bell.”

Sarandon says Austen’s death affected Vidal profoundly. “It was such a huge thing that opened up in Gore when Howard passed. He expressed to me that he missed him, and he talked of his own final days. He had never talked about it before, or shown me this emotional vulnerability." Arlyne Reingold, Austen’s sister, sat with Vidal as tears rolled down his cheeks. They would speak every couple of weeks, him telling her “I miss him, I miss Howard.” “He lost half of himself after Howard died,” says Burr Steers, his nephew. The Vanity Fair writer and film director Matt Tyrnauer, Vidal's close friend thinks it “very unlikely that he told Howard he loved him. Sadly it’s inconceivable.”

Depression consumed Vidal in these final years say his friends: about the state of America, how he had been "erased" from the cultural landscape, and about losing Austen.

Professionally, Vidal's last decade while not fallow was not golden. He feuded with the novelist Edmund White in 2006, who he accused of "vulgar fag-ism" after White wrote a play, Terre Haute, imagining a sexual connection between a Vidal-type figure and a Timothy McVeigh-like figure (Vidal was a McVeigh supporter and the pair had corresponded.) The night of Barack Obama's historic Presidential win, Vidal appeared on the BBC, slurring and insulting the host, a far cry from his earlier grand, commanding primetime performances. In 2009 he published a series of photographs with captions from his life, Snapshots in History's Glare. The same year, when I interviewed him for the Times (London), he said he was proudest of not killing anybody, despite being very tempted. America, he added, was "rotting away."

Was he happy, I asked Vidal when I interviewed him for The Times of London in 2009. “What a question,” he sighed, then smiled mischievously. “I’ll respond with a quote from Aeschylus: ‘Call no man happy till he is dead.’” If that leaves Vidal in too warm and cuddly a resting place, imagine instead the icy contrarian who, upon alighting from a cab in New York with his friend Diana Phipps Sternberg responded to the cab driver’s entreaty to “Have a nice day,” with: “No thank you, I’ve made other plans.”

Susan Sarandon: “[Gore Vidal’s] just such an original. He’s so American in that way, you know. He’s clearly such a believer in the republic in a very idealistic way, which is such a strange thing to learn about him because you could think that he was being cynical—(sometimes his way of speaking, and he’s so very funny and so biting)—but in fact he so believes in the purity of the republic. And I think after he wasn’t able to successfully run for office that it really was devastating to him, you know. I think it’s part of his family thing and you could tell that was a turning point for him.”

Interviewer: “What would you have made of [Gore Vidal] as a president or a senator?”

Susan Sarandon: “Well, he’s just too smart to ever be elected. He speaks too smart. He’s just too intellectual.”

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really like her for some reason. She played the role of an EII quite well in ''Dead Man Walking''.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Susan Sarandon - ISFJ - Dreiser