Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    I find INFj's do want to argue with me every now and then. Its very annoying and draining to me and it does push me away. I also perceive some level of competition from them.
    Exactly. I recognize this.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the thing is, when two thinking resolute mirrors start to argue, the verbal spar will unlikely end soon. So, while I think it's easy to get along with your mirror, I also think that it's easy to destroy the relationship with one big bout of misunderstanding. Probably two feeling mirror types are better at getting over (or avoiding) disputes.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mirrors have vastly different lifestyle ideals, but very similar raw values. So they're good for phone conversations, or maybe to join for a political cause together, but don't make very good bedfellows.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well, the thing is, when two thinking resolute mirrors start to argue, the verbal spar will unlikely end soon. So, while I think it's easy to get along with your mirror, I also think that it's easy to destroy the relationship with one big bout of misunderstanding. Probably two feeling mirror types are better at getting over (or avoiding) disputes.
    Yes I was thinking the same thing.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, I know a few mirror marriages. Let me think here...

INTj-ENTp (married 15 years)
    ISTj-ESTp (married 20+ years)
    ENFj-INFp (married 11 years)

Each marriage has its own issues, but they all seem very solid overall.

My EIE aunt and I are mirrors and I absolutely love her. We get each other a lot better than the alphas in the family do, but she absolutely will not back down when it comes to any argument. So I always do. I think that might get tiring in a romantic relationship. I might eventually feel kind of squashed by her.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know several mirror marriages too - the ones I know are all 'feelers'. And they do seem quite happy. My best friend and I have disagreements when we see things differently, but I'm not sure that it would be *that* much worse than disagreeing with your dual. At some point, you're going to have disagreements with any partner...
    IEE

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    I know several mirror marriages too - the ones I know are all 'feelers'. And they do seem quite happy. My best friend and I have disagreements when we see things differently, but I'm not sure that it would be *that* much worse than disagreeing with your dual. At some point, you're going to have disagreements with any partner...

Yes but mirrors have the extra bonus that they can have disputes without an ending, and in (nearly) all cases no winner, which makes both parties feel like they are not taken seriously.

But I guess most mirror couples can do fine, but the ILI - LIE mirror is prone to heavy discussions

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to get along pretty well with both of my SEE friends. We haven't had any real arguments. It's wierd I seem to have a lot of similar opinions with both of them.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0