View Poll Results: What is Clint Eastwood's type?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

1 6.67%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

5 33.33%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

1 6.67%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

8 53.33%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Clint Eastwood

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Do you think this better describes Eastwood than the ISTp typing?
    Lol, everyone is assuming that Clint is this boring old man. Hes actually pretty out going and individualistic if you've ever read anything about him.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if it is possible for a non-ISTP to play a stereotypical ISTP character in a movie.

I also wonder what the criteria are for him to be typed INTJ, if I hear "he's very individualistic", it still sounds like ISTP in my ears...

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    The ironic thing is that I hate it when you put rules on what Alpha thinkers should or shouldn't be and I want to rebel.

Everything is a rule, every thought, every word, every category. Believe me, I've attempted to rebel against existence. Its not possible. Existence(or non existence) is a rule.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I wonder if it is possible for a non-ISTP to play a stereotypical ISTP character in a movie.

I also wonder what the criteria are for him to be typed INTJ, if I hear "he's very individualistic", it still sounds like ISTP in my ears...
    ISTps usually hate rules, but they aren't the type of people to try standing out. Problem is that you are basing this philosophy that you think that he is an ISTp because you think that you are an INTp when its very obvious that you aren't. You are probably ENTp or INTj.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    Lol, everyone is assuming that Clint is this boring old man. Hes actually pretty out going and individualistic if you've ever read anything about him.
    I'm quite the fan (of hitta..sorry eastwood )

But seriously I don't think ISTp's or INTj's are boring.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm quite the fan (of hitta..sorry eastwood )

But seriously I don't think ISTp's or INTj's are boring.
    ISTps tend to live a very conservative lifestyle.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Creepy-Cyclops

ISTps usually hate rules, but they aren't the type of people to try standing out.
    Wether to try or not..hating rules and standing out go hand in hand, unless sort of person who goes along with what hates, which ISTp's do not.

Creepy-Cyclops

ISTps tend to live a very conservative lifestyle.
    I suppose they can, but same could be said for other types, conservative life down to circumstance. For instance ISTp who go travelling lots could be said to be unconservative, but real story is mum and dad always bails them out. INTj love of studying over physical labour could make them seem conservative, but they could build up own successful business which could be viewed as risk taking and unconservative.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On another note, Ganin is probably ESTj
    So, basically, you are suggesting that Ganin is a lunatic. That is not very nice of you, to put it mildly ...

A very clear example of an INTj is David Carradine, who is also put in the INTj gallery on that Russian site. They have many correctly typed famous persons there, but also some very obvious mistypings, such as Jacques Chirac as INTp.

It is also interesting that they make the mistake of assuming that an INTj is the same as an INTP, and that the J/P switch is true for all the introverted types. That that assumption is incorrect is easily proven by V.I. In fact, I am 100 % sure that it is totally false, because I have compared the looks of all the person's I have tested thoroughly, and it is completely obvious that, for example, most of the ESIs on that Russian site (and also Ganin's) are ISFJs according to the MBTT type descriptions, and that most of the SEIs are ISFPs. It doesn't matter what you believe to be true according to a functions analysis -- I know from my own empirical investigations that the ABCD=ABCd is true if we go by V.I. The only way to prove that the ABCD=ABCd thesis is not correct is to show that all those Russian socionists have somehow correlated the wrong introverted type with the wrong V.I. look -- that they have put the quasi-identical type there instead of the correct type.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything is a rule, every thought, every word, every category. Believe me, I've attempted to rebel against existence. Its not possible. Existence(or non existence) is a rule.
    "If this is where your rule brought you, what use was the rule?"

-Anton Chigurr
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    So, basically, you are suggesting that Ganin is a lunatic. That is not very nice of you, to put it mildly ...

A very clear example of an INTj is David Carradine, who is also put in the INTj gallery on that Russian site. They have many correctly typed famous persons there, but also some very obvious mistypings, such as Jacques Chirac as INTp.

It is also interesting that they make the mistake of assuming that an INTj is the same as an INTP, and that the J/P switch is true for all the introverted types. That that assumption is incorrect is easily proven by V.I. In fact, I am 100 % sure that it is totally false, because I have compared the looks of all the person's I have tested thoroughly, and it is completely obvious that, for example, most of the ESIs on that Russian site (and also Ganin's) are ISFJs according to the MBTT type descriptions, and that most of the SEIs are ISFPs. It doesn't matter what you believe to be true according to a functions analysis -- I know from my own empirical investigations that the ABCD=ABCd is true if we go by V.I. The only way to prove that the ABCD=ABCd thesis is not correct is to show that all those Russian socionists have somehow correlated the wrong introverted type with the wrong V.I. look -- that they have put the quasi-identical type there instead of the correct type.

Phaedrus you aren't INTp, there is no way in hell. Have you ever read an INTP(MBTI) type description? It doesn't sound anything like an INTp.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Going off-thread a bit: All the same, you can't go around saying that "INTjs are high school dropouts" and "INTjs wolf their food down". Se PoLR, etc. doesn't manifest itself in everybody the same way, nor are all high school dropouts and fast eaters INTjs.
    There is a high percentage of INTj high school drop outs. INTjs don't like the idea of being forced to go to school. INTjs usually don't like the routine of it either.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Creepy-Cyclops

There is a high percentage of INTj high school drop outs. INTjs don't like the idea of being forced to go to school. INTjs usually don't like the routine of it either.
    Untestable.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm gonna prove to Phaedrus that he isn't an INTp. Phaedrus do you have AIM or MSN or something?
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What if they want to go to school? (Because at school they can learn lots of interesting things and interact with friends who are conducive to an Fe environment.)
    The odds of an INTj actually finding something interesting in a Public high school is very low. INTjs will usually disregard most public highschools as unoriginal and uncreative.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I went to a public school.
    Lol... ok.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Carla do you have Aim, I want to talk to you?
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bullshit.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Bullshit.
    And I care if you think what I say is bullshit. I like bullshit, its very fertile. Its good for growing things.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I care if you think what I say is bullshit. I like bullshit, its very fertile. Its good for growing things.
    But how can you possibly say that most INTjs are dropouts? On what basis can you possibly say that? And if INTjs disagree with your assessment you will just insist that what is questionable is not the idea but the identity of the people as INTjs. Where is the logic in that?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

But how can you possibly say that most INTjs are dropouts? On what basis can you possibly say that? And if INTjs disagree with your assessment you will just insist that what is questionable is not the idea but the identity of the people as INTjs. Where is the logic in that?
    For starters I didn't say most, I said a high percentage. Alphas and Betas are very impatient people. They get bored with things quickly. They require stimulation otherwise they become bored. Routine things are very difficult for INTjs. Also, INTjs aren't the type to like to conform to something against their will. I sometimes feel that high school is a threat, a type of regulation that they do not like. INTjs usually can't accept half freedoms, they want the whole thing. I honestly wish people would give up the computer brain stereotype of INTjs. They aren't like that. They are very analytical, but they are also very imaginative, creative, and rebellious. They have a strong need to be individualistic, and they like to be viewed as a unique being. They are usually very philosophical. INTjs are usually good at practical math to some degree, they may be good at practical things sometimes; practicality is not something that they enjoy though. They do not like things that a "good american hard working citizen" would strive and excel at. They are natural born leaders(if they can get over their social anxiety). They usually believe that they can make some differences in the world. INTjs and ENTps usually have an artsy mentality to them in some degree. They like creativity and aspire to live a creative lifestyle. By analytical, it is meant that INTjs see things for what they are, the cold hard truth. Heres an example: Some people have this ideology that women are supposed to take care of children and men are supposed to provide for the family. This is a philosophy that an INTj would never ever ever ever ever subscribe to. Although they may see women as slightly different in some degrees(I don't I tend to think men and women are the same) they usually believe that men and women are both capable of everything. This is an example of an unregulated viewpoint. This is a -Ti/+Te viewpoint. +Ti/-Te types tend to have these hidden regulations that they place on their ideals. But anyways, INTjs are extremely individualistic, and they usually strive for imagination and originality.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna prove to Phaedrus that he isn't an INTp. Phaedrus do you have AIM or MSN or something?
    No, I haven't. Why can't you prove it anyway? What do you need to know?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bullshit.
    Bullshitta.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phaedrus you aren't INTp, there is no way in hell. Have you ever read an INTP(MBTI) type description? It doesn't sound anything like an INTp.
    I have read and compared more type descriptions than most people on this forum and elsewhere, from more typologies than you are acquainted with, and I can assure you that every single INTP type description based on MBTT sounds perfectly INTp. I suggest that you start to compare them -- without prejudices, without your theoretical glasses on, and with your eyes wide open.

David Carradine is definitely an INTj -- can we agree on that? (Sorry, I forgot -- you can't type people by V.I.)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For starters I didn't say most, I said a high percentage. Alphas and Betas are very impatient people. They get bored with things quickly. They require stimulation otherwise they become bored. Routine things are very difficult for INTjs. Also, INTjs aren't the type to like to conform to something against their will. I sometimes feel that high school is a threat, a type of regulation that they do not like. INTjs usually can't accept half freedoms, they want the whole thing. I honestly wish people would give up the computer brain stereotype of INTjs. They aren't like that. They are very analytical, but they are also very imaginative, creative, and rebellious. They have a strong need to be individualistic, and they like to be viewed as a unique being. They are usually very philosophical. INTjs are usually good at practical math to some degree, they may be good at practical things sometimes; practicality is not something that they enjoy though. They do not like things that a "good american hard working citizen" would strive and excel at. They are natural born leaders(if they can get over their social anxiety). They usually believe that they can make some differences in the world. INTjs and ENTps usually have an artsy mentality to them in some degree. They like creativity and aspire to live a creative lifestyle. By analytical, it is meant that INTjs see things for what they are, the cold hard truth. Heres an example: Some people have this ideology that women are supposed to take care of children and men are supposed to provide for the family. This is a philosophy that an INTj would never ever ever ever ever subscribe to. Although they may see women as slightly different in some degrees(I don't I tend to think men and women are the same) they usually believe that men and women are both capable of everything. This is an example of an unregulated viewpoint. This is a -Ti/+Te viewpoint. +Ti/-Te types tend to have these hidden regulations that they place on their ideals. But anyways, INTjs are extremely individualistic, and they usually strive for imagination and originality.
    INTjs do not like to conform to things against their will and yet you are imposing this upon the INTjs here who vehemently disagree with your assessment of the INTj type? Why do you ignore the cold hard truth of your error in this matter? I think economic and social standings are more likely to affect the likelihood of dropping out than an individual's type. But your descriptions very rarely sound like INTjs, but merely your identification with the INTj and your subsequent projection of your ideals upon them. Stop doing this to us! Stop doing this to other types! Your descriptions lack originality, truth, or coherence and they are so resolute that they restrict any possible creative interpretation of individuals. You are no INTj.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Clint Eastwood has an SLI flair about him. His films are fundamentally Delta; he's entirely uninterested in Bayesque bombastic destruction and/or adventure. His films have a gentle, peaceful pace. Even in Flags of Our Fathers the battle scenes are moderate; they're not as intense as say, Saving Private Ryan or The Thin Red Line.

Creepy-Cyclops

Hitta, this description is so vague that it can apply to almost anyone, so therefore it is rendered inadequate. In fact there are some things that you say an INTj would never do, that I know categorically, that they would.

Of course your answer would be that I do not understand the types. Fair enough. However going by your logic no one understands the types. Not me, not Logos, not Carla, not even Ganin. I would suggest that it is perhaps you that is incorrect and not 'everyone' else.

For instance, what have you done so far to support your Eastwood type hypothesis. Nothing, apart from post two links in a foreign language. What use is that? No use. It is a deflection tactic because the only way you can support it, is by inventing your own unfounded and unsupported interpretation of the types.

This model of INTj makes little sense. And to say Ganin is an ESTj is simply ludicrous. His Ne is apparent, as is his Ti.

However, keep posting. I'll admit that I find your posts amusing, but not informative.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I think Clint Eastwood has an SLI flair about him. His films are fundamentally Delta; he's entirely uninterested in Bayesque bombastic destruction and/or adventure. His films have a gentle, peaceful pace. Even in Flags of Our Fathers the battle scenes are moderate; they're not as intense as say, Saving Private Ryan or The Thin Red Line.
    I agree. Similarly with Letters From Iwo Jima or Million Dollar Baby. I'm very much a fan of his work to date.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

INTjs do not like to conform to things against their will and yet you are imposing this upon the INTjs here who vehemently disagree with your assessment of the INTj type? Why do you ignore the cold hard truth of your error in this matter? I think economic and social standings are more likely to affect the likelihood of dropping out than an individual's type. But your descriptions very rarely sound like INTjs, but merely your identification with the INTj and your subsequent projection of your ideals upon them. Stop doing this to us! Stop doing this to other types! Your descriptions lack originality, truth, or coherence and they are so resolute that they restrict any possible creative interpretation of individuals. You are no INTj.
    Thats your opinion of what I am, it has nothing to do with what I want to be. I'm exhausted with this, you would disagree regardless.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats your opinion of what I am, it has nothing to do with what I want to be. I'm exhausted with this, you would disagree regardless.
    I want to be a Transformer, but that does not make me one.
    Johari Box

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I agree. Similarly with Letters From Iwo Jima or Million Dollar Baby. I'm very much a fan of his work to date.
    Pale Rider was quintessential ISTp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Starscream and Bumblebee.
    Prowl (Autobot) and Thundercracker (Decepticon) were my favorites, and both died in the Transformer movie. It made me sad the first time I saw that movie as a kid.
    Johari Box

Creepy-Cyclops

Prowl (Autobot) and Thundercracker (Decepticon) were my favorites, and both died in the Transformer movie. It made me sad the first time I saw that movie as a kid.
    But then, are INTj's 'Robots in disguse'

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But then, are INTj's 'Robots in disguse'
    I have been accused of being a robot at times by my friends.
    Johari Box

Creepy-Cyclops

I have been accused of being a robot at times by my friends.
    Insert INTj for Transformers:

Transformers:
    Robots in disguise
    Transformers:
    More than meets the eye.

Do you turn into a car?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ravage, he was the one I forgot. I liked him too, but he wasn't in the 2007 movie.
    I was talking about the 1986 animated movie.

Insert INTj for Transformers:

Transformers:
    Robots in disguise
    Transformers:
    More than meets the eye.

Do you turn into a car?
    No. I just disguise myself as being human.
    Johari Box

Creepy-Cyclops

So anyway.

It would appear that the general consensus for Eastwood currently stands at ISTp. Any other types to consider?

PS So far Hitta has been able to provide nothing to say otherwise. So he may be INTj, but current evidence says he's not, where as there's nothing to say he is.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So anyway.

It would appear that the general consensus for Eastwood currently stands at ISTp. Any other types to consider?

PS So far Hitta has been able to provide nothing to say otherwise. So he may be INTj, but current evidence says he's not, where as there's nothing to say he is.
    What current evidence would that be?
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Creepy-Cyclops

What current evidence would that be?
    I don't want to get into a circular debate with you, i've got other people to mail. Have a look through the pages were people have discussed it. Look at what I wrote, what LokiV wrote, what Steve wrote. Surely you must be keeping up with the thread instead of listening to yourself?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely you must be keeping up with the thread instead of listening to yourself?
    Surely you realize that you're treading on a thin ice of unwarranted assumptions?
    Last edited by emeye; 03-18-2008 at 08:58 AM.
    XXXx <-- almost a beer

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast