Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
I based my typing mainly on inevitably rather ambiguous biographical information. You have Aushra and personal resemblance on your side - I grant you the advantage, but the conclusive proof is still lacking.

So do you think Aino could have been an ENFP then?
My initial impressions of Sibelius were that he was an NT. Looking at the pictures you dipsplayed(the photos i'm used to aren't as direct) and bearing in mind Ausha's conclusion i can definitely see a physical resemblance to an ISTp i know. Listening to his music, however, I has always had a very NT impression- there seems to be a deep connection with history and more abstract representations of nature and the earth.(as opposed to some other composers which may be very direct in this manner of portraying what it is about(like how some compers, such as vivaldi, would directly mimic the sounds of nature)

as for Aino- i'd say she looks very delicate. most ESFp's that im used to aren't so delicate looking. To me she looks NF or maybe NT. However, This is based purely on intuition. She looks, to me, more ENFp than ESFp. But maybe over time how i see this will change with experience.

Of course its difficult to interpret a past I never really expeirienced, how can we be so sure that the mood or atmosphere of an era, culture and geography doesn't activate different types in different ways? I would assume you would have a closer understanding of Sibelius than I do since you're more closely related by geography and culture.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
Having said that, I think I would actually probably prefer to be a sensory type, the costs of intuition often seem to outweigh the benefits. An ESTJ maybe, the more relaxed sensory subtype if possible.
and also to respond to LK as well:

I have trouble putting a finger on why i wouldn't want to be particular types. I think that it is because i value constructive creativity so much. I respect every type equally but i have little desire to be non-constructive and even less to be obscure. I don't mean i want to save the world or anything, but it's always nice to want to put a dent in it. I most enjoy the works of NF and NT types. NF seems to have a purity to it, almost a spiritual energy, NT types seem to creatively fuse the solid and the non-solid, almost like alchemists. Mentally speaking I just can't connect too well with most ST and SF types. This, I'm sure, is more due to my current limitations as an idividual than anything else.

but i suppose that i am sometimes jealous of some of these other types as well. but i suppose they can be jealous of me as well. We only have so much time on this earth, the natural way to budget it is to go in the direction the most interests us. if we look behind us too much and worry about what can't be than we just waste what little time we have. the best way is a balanced compromise and having those around us that can most help us achieve our aims.