Thread: Wake Up Call

Hybrid View

Creepy-bg

so who did you bully into writing this for you? typical SLE move

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope you wouldn't claim that all, or even most people do some of these things (though it obviously varies by individual).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    Really, I wouldn't have wasted my time on it if nobody here did any of that stuff.
    i think you're wasting your time in trying to tell people about it regardless. honestly, is dee going to listen to anything you have to say?

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bravo, Herzy. UDP - this sums up what I wanted to say to you when you asked me just what I thought was wrong with your "Dinner with IEI" thread.

Dee is a real person, and that is what terrifies me. He also lives very close to me, apparently. I remember we were actually about to set up a Socionics meet type thing near Toronto or Mississauga ... I wonder what would happen if we actually did meet. I could inform you all if he is as crazy as he comes off here.

Is that even possible? With people like Dio and stuff, I really have to wonder just what they are as REAL life people ... *shudders*

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post

Dee is a real person, and that is what terrifies me. He also lives very close to me, apparently. I remember we were actually about to set up a Socionics meet type thing near Toronto or Mississauga ... I wonder what would happen if we actually did meet. I could inform you all if he is as crazy as he comes off here.

Is that even possible? With people like Dio and stuff, I really have to wonder just what they are as REAL life people ... *shudders*
    lol

I don't have much to add to this thread other than I agree 100% with everything Herzy has said. It's everything I've been thinking for awhile now. I don't come here to read up on socionics anymore...frankly I find it pointless. I only come here because I enjoy the forum. More people need to read this thread and take it to heart.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

herzy makes some very good points about the tendency to get sucked into a socionics vortex which limits one's thinking....esp early on in understanding this theory.

we are organisms that exist in an environment and that grow and change over time. trying to say that socionics explains everything simply isn't logical since it would fail to take into consideration the facts and details of a person's life and experiences.

like you could have an LSI who had to endure a Nazi concentration camp and one that lived free and clear in the USA. these different situations and the experiences that would accompany them are going to have a profound impact on the person.

my personal pet peeve about socionics is that it does not do a very good job of explaining how people change, grow, develop and balance themselves as they get older.

to me, socionics is kind of like a skeleton of personality....it can kind of inform the shape or structure of a person, but without the skin, muscles, blood, brain, and a changing environment to place the person in, it's less than half the overall picture.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    i think you're wasting your time in trying to tell people about it regardless. honestly, is dee going to listen to anything you have to say?
    Dee might not, but people who might listen to and get confused by dee and others like him can benefit from this.

Good job, Herzy! If I think of more specific comments I'll be sure to post them, but for now it looks good! (It's good writing, too - I like the numbered points...)
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Dee might not, but people who might listen to and get confused by dee and others like him can benefit from this.
    well, isn't it rather obvious that some people do shit like this?

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    well, isn't it rather obvious that some people do shit like this?
    It's probably not obvious to people who are new to the theory or this forum. Sometimes, it's not even obvious to people who have been here awhile. And, sometimes, people just forget.

I'm sure you already know this, but not everyone is as smart or intelligent as you, niffweed.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Of course. But Herzy has to get out her frustration somehow, doesn't she? What better way to do it than completely pwn3ning and telling people where it's at?
    well i don't even think she did a very good job of that.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    Did either of you even bother to read the disclaimer?
    Why on earth would I bother reading all of that?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    yeah, whose lunch money did you steal? (;
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    still,

LOL

d00d.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoyed reading this a lot, Herzy.
    Just made a much shorter comment along these lines in some other thread, and now I feel like "D'oh! It just got said- and better!"
    Not a bad thing, at all ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI