TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, finally
    thanks
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry hugo.... it's too hard to choose!
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    You are either ESFj or ISFp, although you sound ISFp.

Which one is more easy/comfortable for you to acheive: B1 or C2?
    both

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Why?

Was it hard to choose for every single questions?

Does Diana's approach help:

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    D was the easiest to decide. Some of the others I just looked at and looked at and didn't want to choose either one, because neither seemed right. I finally just picked the ones that were less wrong.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Linas

both
    Which one describes you better?
    A1 or D2

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A) 1
    B) 1
    C) 2
    D) 2

D was the easiest to decide. Some of the others I just looked at and looked at and didn't want to choose either one, because neither seemed right. I finally just picked the ones that were less wrong.
    At first glance I'd say you are INTj because of your easiest choice.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Why?

Was it hard to choose for every single questions?

Does Diana's approach help:

I can't do it! I can't commit to something I'm not certain of, particularly if involves my identity. I guess I could say they're all a little me.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nevermind.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thin and many-sided sensation of physical peace. Wealth of sensory perception. High sensitivity to all physical actions. Perfect work of sensory organs. Desire and the skill to surround itself and others by cosiness and by comfort. Constant ability to receive the beauty of peace. Developed taste, esthetical value, tendency toward the sensory pleasures. Physical peace in entire wealth of sensations receives. It thinly feels any physical actions. Perfect work of sensory organs. A fundamental understanding of the beauty of peace. Withdrawal from the inconvenience and the discomfort. Ability to find the most comfortable place in the surrounding space. Understanding the physical needs of other people. Pragmatism, aesthetics, economy in the motions, the skill in everything to find convenience.
    Why must you keep chucking this shit at us, i mean wtf is "Perfect work of sensory organs" how the hell am i supposed to identify with this shit. I'm a ISTp and never in my whole life do i think of these things.

Creepy-pokeball

LOL! Yes much of the language seen in socionics is beyond realistic and bordering on, "wtf?!?!" It needs cleaned up.

Edit: It is burn the flag day, seriously, that is fricken huge.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Hugo, nice of you to reply to everyone.

flower wrote:
    A1 easy
    B1 easy
    C1 easyish, can relate to C2 though, but C1 wins out.
    D2 Very hard, possibly because of the machine translation though. (cant really say which one).

Your results show you are either:

ISTp
    ESTj
    ENTp
    INTj

Which is more strongly connected to you personality:

Quote:
    Perceives the physical world in all riches of sensations. It is thin feels any physical influences. The perfect work of sense organs. Deep understanding of beauty of the world. Leaving from inconvenience and unpleasant sensations. Ability to find the most comfortable place in surrounding space. Understanding of physical needs of other people. The pragmatism, an aesthetics, ekonomnost in movements, skill in all to find convenience. Skill to bring to perfection a technique of performance of any actions. High working capacity and efficiency. Ability to adjust trouble-free work of any mechanisms, carefully to verify techniques, effectively to direct processes. In any business is able to achieve the maximal feedback. Professionalism, drawing up of instructions, sense of duty, competence, methodicalness.

Quote:
    Analytical mentality. Skill in all to find a relationship of cause and effect. Propensity to abstract, system thinking. Skill to separate the main thing from minor. Theoretizirovanie, propensity to brainwork, construction of abstract models. And Skill to comprehend an essence of things and the phenomena. Generating of ideas, understanding of their perspectivity and opportunities of realization. Ability to recreate the whole by some parts. The ingenuity, rich imagination, spontaneity, fast reaction in non-standard situations, absent-mindedness in a life.
    I think the 1st one fits me better, particularly due to the :- 'riches of sensations', 'understanding of beauty of the world', 'aesthetics' ( related stuff )
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The perfect work of sense organs. Deep understanding of beauty of the world. Leaving from inconvenience and unpleasant sensations. Ability to find the most comfortable place in surrounding space. Understanding of physical needs of other people.
    Flower do you seriously identify with this? Do you wake up in the morning and wonder wether or not your nose is working properly? Do you really put that much energy into unpleasant sensations?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that in the translation, the general meaning and emphisis on certain words is distorted. So no, i dont wake up and wonder if my nose is working properly, but the general theme of this quote;

The perfect work of sense organs. Deep understanding of beauty of the world. Leaving from inconvenience and unpleasant sensations. Ability to find the most comfortable place in surrounding space. Understanding of physical needs of other people.
    is of hightened appreciation of sensory information. I really love aesthetic things like some forms of art (fantasy art in particular), pretty jewlery and lights, good music etc. My home is decorated in a very colourful way, and I really appreciate that it is comfortable and is somewhere I feel thouroughly at home. When observing others, these things seem to mean a lot more to me, and for this reason i say i can relate to it.

These things are related to , but thats it, they are not as extreem as you put it with wondering if your nose is working correctly. In the same way, people with strong dont completely ignore subective influences, they merely give objective information a greater weighting.
    Friendly ISTp
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Flower:

Which one is more easy/comfortable for you to acheive: B2 or C2?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Linas

both
    Which one describes you better?
    A1 or D2
    D2

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugo you seriously need to change the language of the fuction descriptions for Si. Its is basically useless in its current form.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Hugo you seriously need to change the language of the fuction descriptions for Si. Its is basically useless in its current form.
    No it's not. Just because you lack intuition does not mean it is useless. Remember, this system was made by intuitive people, as a way for us to separate ourselves from sensers and feel superior to them. So if the description confuses you, then it is a success.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To hugo:

To Flower:

Which one is more easy/comfortable for you to acheive: B2 or C2?
    C2, quite an easy choice for me.

I can be quite cheerful and talkative around friends but the rest of B2 dosent fit very well, C2 fits a lot better.

To Guest:

I understand where you are coming from, the descriptions are very vague and lack a certain abount of 'punch', however although these description have not been translated perfectly, the english function description are like this in general anyway. All of socionics is described in a fairly vague way due to the nature of what it is trying to do, describe human cognition, which is hard to verify in a concrete way, hence why its a pseudo science. It seems that you dislike the discriptions due to a lack of fine detail and specific examples.

1. the descriptions are vague becuse they are describing cognition, which is by its very nature quite 'hazy'.

2. the functions are not fully understood in their entirety, this adds further broadness and vagueness to the function descriptions.

3. its hard to verify specific things in socionics quantitatively, therefore they are expressed relitively, again making them a little vague.

4. the theory was developed by intuitives, again adding less concreteness.

Is this your concern with the descriptions? I really do understand if it is, because all of socionics seemed a bit vague and speculative to me initially, but after finding out more i could see the patterns and points that were being made (theoretically and in real people), If not i have gone off on a tangent lol
    Friendly ISTp

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not about concreteness its about Hugo wanting us to relate with descriptions which don't make much sense in english (even if
    i'm a foolish sensor the description should be put in foolish sensor language so that the foolish sensors can relate to their own fuction description).

Creepy-

Default Re: What results do you get?

Let me see

I dont think those decriptions helps me at all. It alls fit, but let me say that I'm a very balanced, and healthy person.

Let me try to use my gut feelings to decide.

A2 (it's like 49 vs 51%)

B2 (like 50 vs 50%)

C2

D2

Now what do you make of my type?

I rank them in strenght from 1 to 8:

1: D2
    2 :C2
    3 :A2
    4 :A1
    5 1
    6 :C1
    7 :B2
    8 :B1

Let me mention, that when I read simple functions descriptions, my first choices are eighter EN, or IT.. But someonehow your descritions are different from what I've read elsewhere.

Creepy-

It's not about concreteness its about Hugo wanting us to relate with descriptions which don't make much sense in english (even if
    i'm a foolish sensor the description should be put in foolish sensor language so that the foolish sensors can relate to their own fuction description).

THis is a very good point.

It's easier to relate to a description written by someone having that function as a dominating function..I feel that it's not what the descriptions tell, but how they tell it, that's wrong, atleast for me.

I relate mostly to the IT and EN descriptions elsewhere, but I had trouble relating to these. I also had trouble relating to the the EF description, who I relate to elsewhere, more than the IF description.

Here I related more to the IF than IT, and more to the IT than the EF..

The normal is more to the IT than IF, and more to EF than IF.

I feel some elements of this EF descriptions, fits better inside the ES description, yes I think the EF and ES are somehow mixed up.

Creepy-

ALso I think the ability to size someone up, their power potential, actually most things related to power, is more of an EN, than an ES thing.

In general rationals (intuitive thinkers), are the most powerhungry of the types, by far...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    No it's not. Just because you lack intuition does not mean it is useless. Remember, this system was made by intuitive people, as a way for us to separate ourselves from sensers and feel superior to them. So if the description confuses you, then it is a success.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no problems understanding the Si description. It's not the description that lacks concreteness, it's the whole type theory, but that's a completely different issue...

Jung was a Sensor himself, so STFU!
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugo:
    The first one sounded slightly more like me, but not by much. Below I put things in bold that did sound like me. The meaning wasn't clear on some of them, so it's hard to guess.

I always came out ENFP on the quizzes I took. But will this show me I'm a different type?
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by jewels
    I chose option 2 for all four questions. What is this suppose to tell me about myself? I don't understand what these symbols mean, so hopefully that didn't impact my answers.

I think the first one was easiest to answer, but I went back and forth on all of them.

These are the reasons I chose 2. (I'm ENFP by the way)

A: #2 (Though I can use logic and like to talk about theories and did well w/ that stuff in college, I think I'm more concerned with being tactful and nice.)

B: #2 (I'm not mechanical. I care more about people's emotions than fixing things. And though I am competant at work, I don't need everyone to know it. Though I picked # 2, I'm not a "loudspeaker" and I don't see it as an emotional game, but just trying to keep everyone happy.

C: #2 (I have some 1 qualities, like good taste and like comfort, but I'm more interested in how things will unravel, the big picture, and intuition. I do always look around for danger also. Like when I'm in parking lots or if I get a wierd vibe from someone walking up, I start thinking ahead, like...hmm..I could run, I could throw something at him, I could glare at him, etc.).

D: #2 (I'm not a 1 because I really dislike authority, even though I follow it. I'm really into brainstorming and new things, spontaneous decisions, etc, so I chose #2).

Oh, I just realized you can add cool smileys. How fun.

Some of you, I've noticed, have smileys that glow. Those are really cool. Where did you get those from?
    The results show you are either:
    INFp
    ENFj
    INFj
    ENFp

Which is more strongly connected to you personality:

Full absorption in a stream of time. Skill to adapt time to the desires. Expectation of changes to the best. Foresight, skill beforehand to leave from danger. A joyful prediction, pensiveness, ease, intuition. Bright, dramatic emotionalism. Wealth of sincere experiences and feelings. Tendency to dramatize any events. Skill to understand the mood of other people and to act on it. Ability to call necessary emotions in itself and other people, control of strange emotions. Tendency toward the effects and the passions. Romanticism, fervency, tragedy, maximalism, emotional game.
    Natural and full understanding of character of attitudes between any people, their sympathies and antipaty. Deep understanding of the moral and ethical parties of a life. Skill to understand desire and interests of people. Mercy, goodwill, tactfulness. Very strong imagination, bright and interesting imaginations. Instant understanding of opportunities which are given with a situation. Spontaneous decision-making. Skill to find a way out from any complex ethical situation. Interest to all new and unusual. Skill to see advantage of people and readiness to tell about this all. The visionary, the inventor. It is inclined to eccentricity.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Flower,

You got ISTp

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jewels,

Without going further you may be an INFp.

People tend to get confusion between INFp and ENFp.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Hugo
    Friendly ISTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would I be that?

Jewels,

Without going further you may be an INFp.

People tend to get confusion between INFp and ENFp.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by jewels
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. Please be nice to me. :-)
    That's so frickin . You're probably either ENFj or INFp.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! That's exactly what I've been saying.

PS The Guest is not me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And the hardest one to answer was C.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    This shows you are either:
    INTj
    ENTp
    ISTp
    ESTj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! That's exactly what I've been saying.

PS The Guest is not me.
    Well all the other quizzes said I was ENFP. The questions in your quiz confused me. So I still think I'm an ENFP.

Thanks for trying to help though!

Your new picture scares me... What happened to the cat with the bow tie?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You chose -Ni over +Ni which indicates you are INFp (or ENFj).

I'll send a pm to another ENFp (or INFj) to see if they choose -Ni over +Ni. But I doubt this.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have asked an ENFp and they have chosen +Ni over -Ni.

This indicates that you are INFp since you chose -Ni over +Ni.

So the evidence points to you being infp.

Remember there are good tests and there are not so good tests. Also MBTI and socionics are not the same when it comes to testing.

A test that asks you to choose between extraversion and introversion will not give you an accurate result.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Jung was a Sensor himself, so STFU!
    LOL, that's probably true.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What results do you get?

Quote Originally Posted by Blake
    Clues!!!
    Don't look at these before answering all the questions :wink:
    A1
    A2
    B1
    B2
    C1
    C2
    D1
    D2

The question that I believe is easiest to answer is the one comparing the 2nd and 4th function. You may mistake your 6th function (hidden agenda) as being stronger than your 8th function.
    Let's see...

A 1 easiest?
    B 2 easy
    C have to meditate more to be sure
    D have to meditate more to be sure

Most probable interpretation: Ti is my creative function and Fi is my PoLR. I feel like Fe is stronger than Te. This would mean I am ESTp or ENTp. Since I can't decide D yet this is left open.

Another interpretation: Fe is my creative function and Te is my PoLR. I feel like Ti is stronger than Fi. This would mean ISFp or INFp. Since I can't decide C yet this is left open.

Probably: ESTp or ENTp
    Alternative: ISFp or INFp

In any case: irrational type.

I liked this test I am now down to four types (unless I change my mind of course )

Edit: ok...let's say C2 and D1. This seems right. Hmm..this would make ENFj possible Though I can't claim C was easiest

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast