Thread: Is this accurate?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    You never seem to take on board the fact that Augusta doesn't give a shit about what they say about the functions, just that there are eight functions, and that she'll do what she damn well pleases with said eight functions; she'll order them here, she'll order them there, and it's her goddamn system; not Jung's, not Myers', not Briggs', not anyone's.
    QFT.

Sure, that's very clear if you read what she wrote, and what others (Lytov, Weisband, etc) have said and written about it. Jung was the starting point, not the end-all. The problem is that, since Augusta diverted from Jung according to her own purposes and views and observations, there are indeed, still, many resemblances between Jung's views of functions and Augusta's. And some people - for many reasons - seem to find Jung's descriptions appealing and resonating with their own impressions, so they take the path of saying that Jung's descriptions are the "true" socionics ones. Which is incomprehensible to me, since they should then just say that they are following Jung's typology (or creating yet another one based on it) rather than they are using "socionics".
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People here always return to the functions and point to the differences in how they are described by Jung, MBTT, and Socionics. And it doesn't seem to matter that I repeat over and over again that the functions are totally irrelevant in relation to what all three of them agree upon -- the types. You can do what you want with the functions, you can play your little games with them, but who should care about it if you continue to make typing mistakes?

I am right about the types of the people I have a strong opinion about. I don't think I have made one single serious mistyping yet. People are free to check that claim against reality, and those who take it seriously will see that it is most likely correct.

Ezra doesn't understand (and perhaps not even Expat does) that Augusta's starting point was the types -- not the functions, and not the intertype relations. She started with the types, and made observations about their relations to each other.

The types MUST be established by other means than by looking at functions descriptions or interactions betwen people -- and that's exactly what Augusta did, just like Jung and MBTT and Keirsey. She started with the eight Jungian types and compared them with reality. That's how she discovered the intertype relations, the differences between seemingly similar types, as in the relations of quasi-identity, etc. Not until you people learn this simple truth, you will begin to understand the core of the subject. Until you do, you will continue to make typing mistakes.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    wrong. she have developed model A to explain intertypal relationships she observed. where did you even come up with this stuff? are you just trying to fool us into having you as our "authority" in socionics? i'm ok with that if you really do have merit, but so far i only see pretty and mostly vague and widely debatable and often wrong statements.
    I hate to have to explain the basics to idiots, and have lost count on how many times I have suggested that people should start with something simple, like reading Dmitri Lytov's introduction to Socionics. Now, you will do it, won't you? Or will you refuse to learn the most basic facts of Socionics. Will you continue to live in a world of ignorance, or will you start to do some serious study?

You will find Lytov's text (in three parts) at the bottom of this page:

http://www.socioniko.net/en/1.1.types/index.html

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    wrong. she have developed model A to explain intertypal relationships she observed.
    That's what Igor Weisband himself confirmed to me, in Duesseldorf, when asked directly. Starting from her own less-than-happy marriage to a LSE.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she have developed model A to explain intertypal relationships she observed.
    Yes, and have I disputed that? No, I haven't. I have said that she started with the types. She read stuff about different typologies, and she found Jung's model to be the most useful. So, she started with Jung's eight types, and moved on from that. She did not start without random people whose types she didn't have a clue about.