- Voltaire

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    You could use those, or just use this one:

P's have more fun
    Hmmm, I think I'm gonna have to disagree. I'm a J and I like to go out, party, and have good sexy-time. [/borat voice]

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Hmmm, I think I'm gonna have to disagree. I'm a J and I like to go out, party, and have good sexy-time. [/borat voice]
    You sound like my husband.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esper View Post
    Hmm...so is there a Right way and Wrong way to have fun? Or would a J just be like that about responsibility/work/etc.?
    HellifIknow... Fun = Fun... whether it's right or wrong... well that I couldn't tell ya. I'm a J and I have my responsibility/work/etc... but I'd also say that I'm more about having fun and living an interesting life (in my point of view at least) than pretty much anything else.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My fun?

Blowing shit up.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only thing that differentiates them is that J's have a sense, both internally and expressed, of control, no matter how subtle. anyone can be impulsive, freedom-seeking, etc....it's about how you do it. P's naturally flow.

esper, all of those are generic and not necessarily true.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    I think Js tend to like to add structure or have a structure, whereas Ps tend to want things less structured and more spontaneous. I think this is where conflicts can arise to some extent... Js can get frustrated by Ps lack of structure or since they operate better with structure they resist efforts to make things more malleable and less structured (that would be too chaotic). Ps can get frustrated if they feel that someone else is trying to impose a particular strucuture upon them because this can feel imprisoning, or "rigid." I don't know if routines have anything to do with it. I tend to think Js can feel more comfortable with routines... but that may be a lot of nonsense.
    this isn't the crux. the reason why J's appear structured is because they are idealists, in the sense of focusing on the intellect instead of the way things are. wanting reality to be in tune with your ideals typically produces a structured attitude. P's are entwined with nature as it is, which is why they seem spontaneous.

Quote Originally Posted by esper
    They have a SENSE of control, but don't they also have a NEED for control?

I wonder if, in the same sense, P's NEED to be able to follow their flow?

What if two P's flow different ways?

Or if two J's have different ideas of preferrable control or arrangement of things?

Would that make the two Ps or two Js clash or conflict?

Or do two Ps or two Js generally mold to eachother?
    like I said, it's an idealistic vs. naturalistic attitude. anyone can have a need for control in any context. the rest of your post makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops
    J's tend to put structures or plans in place to avoid problems, P's tend to be able to just skirt round them without the forward planning, I think.

It looks like j's make a path and steer in the current, p's are able to make the tide work with them.
    the first part is generic. anyone with a brain will want to avoid problems. anyone can be forward planning...you think INTp's arent? the second part is a perfect metaphor.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ps do have more fun.
    asd

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd say you're right on.

check this out it says almost the same thing:

http://socionist.blogspot.com/search.../irrationality

basically on the face of things it looks like rationals get more stuff done.

irrationals are more likely to be assessing what really needs to get done now that _________ has happened anyway. lol

i love being irrational, it's the beauty way to go.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    i'd say you're right on.

check this out it says almost the same thing:

http://socionist.blogspot.com/search.../irrationality

basically on the face of things it looks like rationals get more stuff done.

irrationals are more likely to be assessing what really needs to get done now that _________ has happened anyway. lol

Sunshine, let's blow shit up.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    Take off! aye!

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Js tend to like to add structure or have a structure, whereas Ps tend to want things less structured and more spontaneous. I think this is where conflicts can arise to some extent... Js can get frustrated by Ps lack of structure or since they operate better with structure they resist efforts to make things more malleable and less structured (that would be too chaotic). Ps can get frustrated if they feel that someone else is trying to impose a particular strucuture upon them because this can feel imprisoning, or "rigid." I don't know if routines have anything to do with it. I tend to think Js can feel more comfortable with routines... but that may be a lot of nonsense.

I imagine it might have something to do with energy in a sense... perhaps Ps tend to adapt things so that they get around to them when they feel like it whereas Js tend to have a more structured approach to getting stuff done. Ps seem to adapt to changing "structures" around them, flowing with changes... Js tend to try to organize the changing "structures" around them into an unchanging structure of their choosing...

Maybe.

Creepy-Cyclops

j's tend to put structures or plans in place to avoid problems, p's tend to be able to just skirt round them without the forward planning, I think.

It looks like j's make a path and steer in the current, p's are able to make the tide work with them.