Thread: Fe-Ti vs. Fi-Te and filtering sources of information

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    The Fe-Ti description here sounds very foreign to me. Are there specific examples or analogies about how Fe "reads between the lines"?
    Tone of voice and inflection. Reading body language. When what someone says does not seem to match with other factors that may be in play. Or even in poetry; there are the words on the page which are seen and read in a flow (Te) and then there is the emotion or feeling that exists in that word(s) of the poem in that moment of reading (Fe). Then you could say that the poem is structured syntactically (Ti) in a way to obtain that reaction to which the reader or author may or may not have an attachment to (Fi).

The Ti-Fe description was well done. Expat, I did not detect any bias in this write-up, so good job. Ti also works well with Fe since it holds sources, events, and ideas on mostly neutral terms (though still in a subjective logical system) not so much on a basis of what is or works (external dynamics), but whether or not it makes sense as presented based upon the objects' external statics.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Tone of voice and inflection. Reading body language. When what someone says does not seem to match with other factors that may be in play. Or even in poetry; there are the words on the page which are seen and read in a flow (Te) and then there is the emotion or feeling that exists in that word(s) of the poem in that moment of reading (Fe). Then you could say that the poem is structured syntactically (Ti) in a way to obtain that reaction to which the reader or author may or may not have an attachment to (Fi).
    That's a very good example, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    The Ti-Fe description was well done. Expat, I did not detect any bias in this write-up, so good job. Ti also works well with Fe since it holds sources, events, and ideas on mostly neutral terms (though still in a subjective logical system) not so much on a basis of what is or works (external dynamics), but whether or not it makes sense as presented based upon the objects' external statics.
    Thanks!
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!