Thread: Se and aggression

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Looking at it another way, I would probably feel a lot more safe around an Se-dominant who's being aggressive than I would around an Se-PoLR type who's being aggressive. The Se-dominant probably knows what they're doing (and there's a security in that)... the Se PoLR type may have momentarily lost it (there is no security at all).
    Haha. I am a bouncer and have to be aggressive on a regular basis.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy View Post
    Haha. I am a bouncer and have to be aggressive on a regular basis.
    But is it always necessary to be aggressive the times when you are, or are there other means of turning people around? (I simply seem to have more faith in Se to manage these things... it's some sort of discriminatory bias of mine!)

*Anyway, what I'm saying is problematic because it's approaching other biased things that people have said about other IM elements (or lack of)... for instance lots of people of differing types can be good at being a bouncer. I think where my bias is coming in is my Se preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    In my experience, types are skilled in knowing what type of "persuasion" is needed. Lots of the time this isn't brute force or aggressiveness. They just seem better at knowing what kind of pressure the situation/person calls for.
    Agree.

For instance, Se types might be very adept at diffusing confrontations with the least amount of aggression necessary.
    Last edited by marooned; 03-07-2008 at 04:45 PM. Reason: *trying to fix it

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd think that Se ego types are good at handling this "aggression" instead of them being aggressive like you said.

And who said Se PoLR types don't get aggressive. They do, and they're bad at handling this aggression, weak Se.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea View Post
    I'd think that Se ego types are good at handling this "aggression" instead of them being aggressive like you said.

And who said Se PoLR types don't get aggressive. They do, and they're bad at handling this aggression, weak Se.
    This sounds really spot on. I know I must definitely have weak .

Anytime I have gotten angry/aggro, it's channeled through a rather uncontrolled emotional expression, and I'm always *really* uncomfortable with it. I just don't know how to be firm without my emotions ultimately getting in the way to some extent.

I'd have to say I'm very averse to aggression in general.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune View Post
    This sounds really spot on. I know I must definitely have weak .

Anytime I have gotten angry/aggro, it's channeled through a rather uncontrolled emotional expression, and I'm always *really* uncomfortable with it. I just don't know how to be firm without my emotions ultimately getting in the way to some extent.

I'd have to say I'm very averse to aggression in general.

Same here. Se is my PoLR.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post

2) My friend, Will, steals the cookies I just bought out of my backpack while I'm off talking to someone at another table. I come back, and see that they're not there (IE, something important is no longer present in the territory of the lunch table). I know that the only people at the table who would steal my cookies are Will or Dan. I first check Dan and his backpack, because he's somewhat fat and he always wants me to give him a piece of my cookie. The search of Dan's backpack comes up empty (it is no longer uncharted territory), so I immediately turn to Will. That motherfucker put the cookies into his backpack, so I grab back my cookies and steal a part of his lunch. Territory gained!
    INTp
    sx/sp

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy
    I would have to say yes, it is always necessary to be aggresive the times when I am.
    Okay. I feel somewhat bad about my post in that I do think I was being biased.
    Last edited by marooned; 03-08-2008 at 10:05 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, or they overreact to aggression, thus becoming aggressive when it isn't called for.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the directors at work, whom I've typed INFj based on rather little information, seems to come across as quite forceful at times, but I get the feeling he's genuinely unaware that he's doing this. It's hard to explain what it's like exactly; it's one of those things you need to see to understand, but I do wonder if that's an example of Se PoLR.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is something amiss in how this thread is treating Se, PoLR Se, and aggression. I shouldn't be able to do my job if what you say about Se PoLR is true.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is something amiss in how this thread is treating Se, PoLR Se, and aggression. I shouldn't be able to do my job if what you say about Se PoLR is true.
    My dad is an LII. And he's in a managerial position, and still able to do his job. I don't understand what you mean.
    But what I observe of him is that he's kinda passive aggressive. When someone steps on his head, sometimes he's pretty unsure what to do. Like he'll either say forget about it, or blow his top at the wrong time/situation/person. I have seen him do this to customers & workers, but when a customer service officer does not provide good service, he doesn't voice it out. Not all the time though. I'm no Se dominant, of course I may be wrong.
    Herzy's description was pretty good, similar to what I've seen in Se dominants.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dad is an LII. And he's in a managerial position, and still able to do his job. I don't understand what you mean.
    But what I observe of him is that he's kinda passive aggressive. When someone steps on his head, sometimes he's pretty unsure what to do. Like he'll either say forget about it, or blow his top at the wrong time/situation/person. I have seen him do this to customers & workers, but when a customer service officer does not provide good service, he doesn't voice it out. Not all the time though. I'm no Se dominant, of course I may be wrong.
    Herzy's description was pretty good, similar to what I've seen in Se dominants.
    You don't see how being passive aggressive, unsure, letting things go, blowing up at the wrong time is unnacceptable for a bouncer? That shit will get me killed.
    LII

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't see how being passive aggressive, unsure, letting things go, blowing up at the wrong time is unnacceptable for a bouncer? That shit will get me killed.
    ? why do you sound so defensive. -_-
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    But is it always necessary to be aggressive the times when you are, or are there other means of turning people around? (I simply seem to have more faith in Se to manage these things... it's some sort of discriminatory bias of mine!)
    I would have to say yes, it is always necessary to be aggresive the times when I am.
    LII

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is ridiculous, Ezra. Aggression is not SOLELY dependent on the use of Se. Besides, everyone knows that everyone uses every function to some extent; if Ni types didn't use Se at all they'd be bashing off the walls and punching policemen left and right. This is another one of your biggest problems right now: you are trying to let Socionics assume the role of a catch-all explainer for everything about people.

Don't.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...