Thread: Se and aggression

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People are individuals. I think people with strong Se are comfortable with confrontation and aggression if it seems necessary, but that doesn't mean that any given person with strong Se would be aggressive in normal circumstances. How aggressive someone with strong Se is depends on the person and the particular circumstance.

So I think they understand it, they're comfortable with it, and they are capable of using aggression if they find themselves in a circumstance where it would be helpful. But they aren't necessarily running around being aggressive on a regular basis.

I can see how that would be useful because there are times I'd like to be able to confront someone and be a bit aggressive but I don't feel comfortable with it.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not experience -types as aggressive; I experience them as 'entrenched' and expansive. Their demeanor is rather passive & controlled, but speech patterns and expressions of personal convictions can seem aggressive.

To me, 's are fortresses against aggression and invasion of territory. Their 'territory' could be mental, physical or emotional space - will dig in and resist all attempts by others to breach the fortress.

will also move into your 'space' but not aggressively. It's more of a utilitarian march - resolute, confident, smooth. If your space has something that they need (physical, mental, emotional resources), will move into it in order to acquire what they need. If they meet with resistence, they will attempt treatise and compromise - but this is not their primary approach.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    In my experience, types are skilled in knowing what type of "persuasion" is needed. Lots of the time this isn't brute force or aggressiveness. They just seem better at knowing what kind of pressure the situation/person calls for.
    Yep. Exactly. Good explanation.