Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Enneagram types of forum members

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Super good! This was actually quite pronounced. 1w9 4w3 6w5 or 1w9 6w5 4w3. The head triad sounds exactly like 6, just that you chose to express it through Ni. Thinking it through in advance is as 6 as it gets, especially the counterphobic way which comes across as confident.
    Last edited by dot; 01-23-2018 at 08:52 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaviTilki View Post
    But maybe people mean that 'inner peace' or 'assuredness' that Ni-doms are said to have? Some people even call me arrogant . Like I feel secure about the future, less so about the present. Others also say that I have an intellectual aura about me so 5w6 or 6w5 might be the combo I am looking for. Is 6 a common type for IEIs?
    Arrogance can come with all 9 types:

1 is morally arrogant
    2 is arrogant about their position of nurture
    3 is arrogant about their achievment/ skill - side note: most arrogant type
    4 is arrogant about being different
    5 is intellectually arrogant
    6 is arrogant in (being prepared to) countering threats
    7 is arrogant about materialistic pursuits
    8 is arrogant about power
    9 is arrogant in their passive aggression

Inner peace is 9, assuredness usually comes with 8/cp6/3. Yes, you described 6 again. 6 is commonly encountered after 4 and 9 as a main type.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrogance can come with all 9 types:

1 is morally arrogant
    2 is arrogant about their position of nurture
    3 is arrogant about their achievment/ skill - side note: most arrogant type
    4 is arrogant about being different
    5 is intellectually arrogant
    6 is arrogant in (being prepared to) countering threats
    7 is arrogant about materialistic pursuits
    8 is arrogant about power
    9 is arrogant in their passive aggression

Inner peace is 9, assuredness usually comes with 8/cp6/3. Yes, you described 6 again. 6 is commonly encountered after 4 and 9 as a main type.
    Hmm interesting.. I edited my first message (but you alread answered hehe) after reading through the E6 description. The thing is I am quite a smart ass, so intellectual arrogance might be part of me too. But yeah.. I will read through a few more descriptions of E6!

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmm interesting.. I edited my first message (but you alread answered hehe) after reading through the E6 description. The thing is I am quite a smart ass, so intellectual arrogance might be part of me too. But yeah.. I will read through a few more descriptions of E6!
    Cool, keep my up to date when you resonated with something! <3

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew So, you people-please much more than you think, and you really like to be liked. This itself could exactly be 2's fishing for compliments, how they are needed and appreciated (you are~<3). You don't have the moods of a 3w4 at all. Compared to me, you're fucking stable and aren't totally falling apart. No whining found with handjob. Also, massive guilt and feeling deficient. Where is it! I haven't heard and ounce of self-deprecation, you are super proud and use flattery, ask suggestively for others' needs - that's 2 in a nutshell.
    Being special is not what's actually going on behind your image orientation. Instead, you do it to draw all eyes on you seductively like a true 3w2. You generate appeal in erotic imagery or language - not to stand apart, but to maximize allure and bonding. I remember how you reacted when I said that I read between the lines in your typing thread. You signalled that you felt understood and loved. A feely 4-wing wants or projects the exact opposite, wanting to be reaffirmed in being misunderstood and alien, and unloved/all alone in this world.
    Your argument is very persuasive. On the outside I can definitely see how this works. However, I'm sure if you got to know me more you'd think at least 4 wing. I'm a moody bitch and and do feel deficient at times and it does come out occasionally even if I'm good at keeping it in.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Read through the E6 description.. hmm.. I do not follow rules just like that, I am a Beta after all.. I also do not respect authorities in general.
    The only thing that might resonate with me is me sometimes thinking negatively about people first, like I am much more distrustful. Or assuming they are worse than they are. In the end I notice they might not be as bad as I first thought. But I actually noticed that Se/Ni types in general are the not trusting ones.. many Si/Ne types rather see the good in people or at least do not assume bad intentions. At least that's what I could see in real life so far.
    I had to learn to sometimes not put myself in stupid situations as I got the habit of running into drama, even though I could feel it coming. But again I noticed this with most Betas. Learned to avoid drama to a degree.
    Just affirms my point for counterphobic 6. Anti-rules, anti-authority, on guard, distrust, assumes bad intent, getting yourself in stupid situations, avoidance - perfect, you delivered all key words.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by handjob View Post
    Your argument is very persuasive. On the outside I can definitely see how this works. However, I'm sure if you got to know me more you'd think at least 4 wing. I'm a moody bitch and and do feel deficient at times and it does come out occasionally even if I'm good at keeping it in.
    It's better right than persuasive Alright, hm... let's see. You're moody and feeling deficient because of what? I'm a 3w4 so I can speak for myself - I feel that I was born "wrong" or not good enough so I have to make up for it. And that's 4's typical "suffering". Keeping it in is really difficult.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

niffer: so/sp. hilarious that she types sx/sp

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Slugabed I saw you changing up concerning your tritype Need help with the heart triad?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    niffer: so/sp. hilarious that she types sx/sp
    Ohhhh! Definitely worth a thought. Yes I can see it. Contraflow So, mhm mhh... How did the SX/SP typing come to be? People rather get the second instinct wrong but this one would be a 180° change

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This thread needs to be brought back to life

Aylen: sx/sp 4w3

Cassandra: so/sx 4w3 4-7-9

Capitalist Pig: sp/so 6w7

Chae: so/sx 7w6

Hitta: sp/sx 9w8 9-5-4

Maritsa: 2w1

mfckr: sp/so 9w1 9-6-4

niffer: so/sx 8w9?

Persephone: sx/sp 3w4

Satan: sp/so

Spider: sx/so 5w4 5-4-8

Verbrannte so/sx 5w6 5-3-9
    Although you typed her as SO/SX beforehand. What made you change your mind?

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Chae
    LOL yeah it would be great!
    I feel like I cant truly identify with none of them.
    "All nations will place their hope in him."
    (Mt 12:21)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    @Chae
    LOL yeah it would be great!
    I feel like I cant truly identify with none of them.
    Cool! Now, why is that so?
    (Experience-wise, people who can't identify with the heart types at all are usually 3, 3 is least in touch with all that feely stuff and is highly adaptable. Or 4 when we talk self-definition, since 4 is identity itself.)

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although you typed her as SO/SX beforehand. What made you change your mind?
    Vengeance.

...Although you're the Psychologist, so you'll see soon for yourself.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    Vengeance.

...Although you're the Psychologist, so you'll see soon for yourself.
    #InstinctRevenge2k17

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cool! Now, why is that so?
    (Experience-wise, people who can't identify with the heart types at all are usually 3, 3 is least in touch with all that feely stuff and is highly adaptable. Or 4 when we talk self-definition, since 4 is identity itself.)
    Hard to tell for me, honestly!
    Maybe I'm just quite balanced on that point or maybe I'm just guts and brain or idk.

Talking about fears and motivations on heart types its really hard for me to feel identified…on 2, I've felt unloved and I don't care so much if ppl love me(ppl in general) or not, also I really don't care if they think that I'm a bad person or something, I just care for doing or treating others as human beings, what they feel its not of my business as long as I do know that I'm doing right. Also I care If I'm welcome or not, but its not like it hurts me if I dont feel welcome...I just dont stay when I dont feel welcome, I still holding feelings and being nice with these ppl if they are important, but I just leave if I can. I do care too for ppl treating me well...I mean, not being jerks with me and else (because I wont stand jerkness on ppl in general...just with my SO maybe because otherwise could be so much work).

On 3 well… its really hard to feel worthless or something like that, it doesnt have a weigh for me really in my life...I mean, I dont think that I've ever experienced a desire or need for it and its really hard that others can hurt my self esteem. I think that every person has an inherent dignity and its not something that one should "win"…if ppl think that I'm unworthy its like lol for me, I don't care what others think, I just care if I think that I'm good or bad on my own standards and if I'm satisfied with my own achievements. I don't need to be praised but compliments (when they are true) can be pleasant.

On 4, well…how is not having an identity? I cant imagine how it is. Same with significance, I just cant understand what does it mean. I just feel identified with 4 on that I like art. I really don't feel envy and I hate drama, problems should be overcome, and there are always solutions just ppl need to find the way to fix, there is no point on drama or grumble.

Of what I like on heart matters well...I think it goes from that quality time, sex/physical touch and gifts/spending money on me. I think thats the most important for me.

How does it look?
    Last edited by Hope; 03-28-2017 at 02:02 AM.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E3

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hard to tell for me, honestly!
    Maybe I'm just quite balanced on that point or Idk.

Talking about fears and motivations on heart types its really hard for me to feel identified…on 2, I've felt unloved and I don't care so much if ppl love me(ppl in general) or not, also I really don't care if they think that I'm a bad person or something, I just care for doing or treating others as human beings, what they feel its not of my business as long as I do know that I'm doing right. Also I care If I'm welcome or not, but its not like it hurts me if I dont feel welcome...I just dont stay when I dont feel welcome, I still holding feelings and being nice with these ppl if they are important, but I just leave if I can. I do care too for ppl treating me well...I mean, not being jerks with me and else (because I wont stand jerkness on ppl in general...just with my SO maybe because otherwise could be so much work).

On 3 well… its really hard to feel worthless or something like that, it doesnt have a weigh for me really in my life...I mean, I dont think that I've ever experienced a desire or need for it and its really hard that others can hurt my self esteem. I think that every person has an inherent dignity and its not something that one should "win"…if ppl think that I'm unworthy its like lol for me, I don't care what others think, I just care if I think that I'm good or bad on my own standards and if I'm satisfied with my own achievements. I don't need to be praised but compliments (when they are true) can be pleasant.

On 4, well…how is not having an identity? I cant imagine how it is. Same with significance, I just cant understand what does it mean. I just feel identified with 4 on that I like art. I really don't feel envy and I hate drama, problems should be overcome, and there are always solutions just ppl need to find the way to fix, there is no point on drama or grumble.

How does it look?
    3>2>4. Worthlessness is partly connected to e2 not e3, other than that you excluded 4 completely so it's pretty clear. 3w2 is the heart fix Side note: What was striking is that you used a lot of enneagram 1 in this as well, with doing things right, standards.

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

3>2>4. Worthlessness is partly connected to e2 not e3, other than that you excluded 4 completely so it's pretty clear. 3w2 is the heart fix Side note: What was striking is that you used a lot of enneagram 1 in this as well, with doing things right, standards.
    What are the fears and motivations that you consider for 3 and 2?

enneagram institute says this:
    On 3

• Basic Fear: Of being worthless
    • Basic Desire: To feel valuable and worthwhile
    • Enneagram Three with a Two-Wing: "The Charmer"
    • Enneagram Three with a Four-Wing: "The Professional"

On 2

• Basic Fear: Of being unwanted, unworthy of being loved
    • Basic Desire: To feel loved
    • Enneagram Two with a One-Wing: "Servant"
    • Enneagram Two with a Three-Wing: "The Host/Hostess"

Considering enneagram institute definitions, probably I'd go for 2w1, I like to help ppl and make valuable contributions more than being a charmer guess. And I'm always "serving" ppl on my daily life...I mean, doing stuff for others. That makes me somehow happy, guess. I think that investing ones life on others can be significant. I admire ppl who give their life for others.
    Last edited by Hope; 03-28-2017 at 02:25 AM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What are the fears and motivations that you consider for 3 and 2?

enneagram institute says this:
    On 3

• Basic Fear: Of being worthless
    • Basic Desire: To feel valuable and worthwhile
    • Enneagram Three with a Two-Wing: "The Charmer"
    • Enneagram Three with a Four-Wing: "The Professional"

On 2

• Basic Fear: Of being unwanted, unworthy of being loved
    • Basic Desire: To feel loved
    • Enneagram Two with a One-Wing: "Servant"
    • Enneagram Two with a Three-Wing: "The Host/Hostess"

Considering enneagram institute definitions, probably I'd go for 2w1, I like to help ppl and make valuable contributions more than being a charmer guess. And I'm always "serving" ppl on my daily life...I mean, doing stuff for others. That makes me somehow happy, guess.
    The Fauvres distinguished it more, 3's main concern is fear of not being effective. They "do" to circumvent it, replacing just "being" with this. So the institute definitions for 3 and 2 are all e2. Enneagram 3 is not the charmer, but the achiever. If they charm, it's hollow, only aimed at success. Us threes calculate over actually loving; that's why we are least connected to heart matters behind our image. A 2 charms genuinely to feel needed by others, making themselves worthwhile.

I'll redefine it:

On 3
    Basic Fear: Not fulfilling a task
    Basic Desire: To meet their goals, not matter what it takes

In other words, 3 can do with being unloved as long as they get what they want. Even haters fuel them because they get credit for their actions. 2 could never bear this. Ahhh - ok, from this perspective, valuable contributions + admiring sacrifice (Mother Theresa is a 2w1) is in fact a 2 thing Eureka! That's why it makes sense that I saw enneagram 1 stuff going on.

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The Fauvres distinguished it more, 3's main concern is fear of not being effective. They "do" to circumvent it, replacing just "being" with this. So the institute definitions for 3 and 2 are all e2. Enneagram 3 is not the charmer, but the achiever. If they charm, it's hollow, only aimed at success. Us threes calculate over actually loving; that's why we are least connected to heart matters behind our image. A 2 charms genuinely to feel needed by others, making themselves worthwhile.

I'll redefine it:

On 3
    Basic Fear: Not fulfilling a task
    Basic Desire: To meet their goals, not matter what it takes

In other words, 3 can do with being unloved as long as they get what they want. Even haters fuel them because they get credit for their actions. 2 could never bear this. Ahhh - ok, from this perspective, valuable contributions + admiring sacrifice (Mother Theresa is a 2w1) is in fact a 2 thing Eureka! That's why it makes sense that I saw enneagram 1 stuff going on.
    Interesting.

Something worthy for me is something useful...a task deserve to be achieved if the result is useful for someone. On that sense what I do must be effective, always... thats the objective of "serve" for me, guess. I dont like to help ppl for they depending on me...actually is quite annoying when I discover that my freedom is caught because ppl is depending on me solving their tasks. And of course the expectation of others loving me for helping them is just an illusion...ppl is ungrateful most of the times, so waiting for something its in vain. One should serve because one feels good doing it and because its the right thing to do (I feel bad if I can help someone that really needs it and I dont).

Yes, e3 is called the achiever on enneagram institute, but 3w2 its called the charmer (check out the link).
    Last edited by Hope; 03-30-2017 at 01:54 AM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Interesting.

Something worthy for me is something useful...a task deserve to be achieved if the result is useful for someone.

Yes, e3 is called the achiever on enneagram institute, but 3w2 its called the charmer (check out the link).
    Which someone do you mean? 3 usually achieves due to their own set of rules that they internalized from early demands to them. 1 is quite similar expect that they challenge their own values over and over.

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Chae

Its on blue letters on the other post, but here you are:
    https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/type-3

I edited the last post and explain myself more, guess (sorry I edit a lot).

Which someone do you mean? 3 usually achieves due to their own set of rules that they internalized from early demands to them. 1 is quite similar expect that they challenge their own values over and over.

Ah…thats right! That fits with the 3s that I know irl.
    On my case, I'm the last child so no one was demanding anything from me. I set my own set of rules and values from living my life and from dealing with my own needs and the chaotic environment (survival). I don't challenge my values, Its more like I "must" fulfill them, this is were right and wrong and helping others and considering others needs and suffering play a role.

But yeah, after all I think that I'm 2w1…actually that makes sense since I was thinking like I was just guts and logic/common sense/need for information, and the heart part fits when I care for others and my own values/rules... but I dont discard 3w2 completely (because I'm lost on heart stuff tbh) but I dont see where I can grip on 3 right now, even I could be 2w3 at this rate ... I think I'll go to read some of 3 and 2 and their wings.

Thank u.

And I edited again, sorry.
    Last edited by Hope; 03-28-2017 at 04:04 AM.

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Chae

I've found this...

but I feel quite identified with parts from both.

Also I read that 9 can show 3 traits/style sometimes... What do you think of it? I hate enneagram sometimes, so confusing.

radiant altruism
    selfless empathy
    appreciative nurturance

demonstrative sentiment
    intrusive intimacy
    sanctimonious vainglory

manipulative blame
    coercive hysteria
    parasitic victimization

Type two people care more than most about goodness and kindness. They can become trapped by compulsive goodness, either by giving too much or by demanding too much of others. One of their talents is an intuitive ability to sense what is needed, and lovingly supply it.

Except in rare cases, people of type two show a flavoring from one of the two adjacent wing points, so we can say they are two with a one wing (2/1) or two with a three wing (2/3).

Like all humans, twos also come in three instinctual flavors: social (2sc), sexual (2sx), or self-preserving (2sp). In addition, twos also experience nine distinct levels of mental-emotional health (briefly described by the phrases at the top of this page). Therefore, it is possible to distinguish fifty-four distinct subflavors of type two.

two with a one wing

general description

Average 2/1 combines oneish judgment with twoish people-pleasing. 2/1s are tighter and more rigid than 2/3s, but less exacting than 1/2s. They regulate their behavior carefully, in order to stay polite and proper. Overall, they want to put on a happy face, but because of repressed anger (from the one-wing) and repressed personal needs (from the two), their happy face is sometimes pinched with tension. They are less interested in appearing sexy and glamorous than 2/3, and they are more interested in becoming indispensible than 1/2.

balanced and transcendent states

Healthy 2/1s almost always find that their true calling involves helping others grow, often children. They become able to help themselves as wisely and lovingly as they help others. They enjoy watching people find their own calling, accepting the delightful differences among us. Sevenish joy from one's integration combines with fourish depth and empathy from the integration of two. The result is tolerant, patient celebration of growth and diversity.

Advanced 2/1s are in contact at the same time with deep love and inspired wisdom. They are especially good at helping those who are in the most desperate possible situations. They plunge boldy into terrifying scenes and bring glorious hope, love, and healing with them. Usually it is the least self-sufficient who benefit the most from their endless charity.

unbalanced and unhealthy states

Unhealthy 2/1s lose the ability to sense their own needs, and become more likely to actually speak their negative judgments of others. Their increasing self-criticism usually gets repressed, because the vainglory of the two is more powerful in them than the guilt of the one. Their inner conflict is as dangerous and powerful as that of the 1/2, but less visible because it is heavily repressed by self-deception. The most obvious sign of the escalating inner struggle might be increasing facial tension.

Eventually, the breaking point is reached. When two goes to eight, violence erupts. In the name of love, manipulation turns into physical coercion. Self-deception reaches amazing levels as destructive acts are rationalized into hard love. Fourish guilt is submerged and converted into further denial. I am doing this for your own good, and it hurts me more than it hurts you. In the end, "loving confrontations" may generate such hatred and fear in others that psychotic 2/1 may become the target of violence, as well as the origin.

physical appearance

Most 2/1s prefer to dress conservatively, but stylishly. Neatness is important. Nothing too bold or outrageous. Elegance and poise, quietly distinctive with maybe a sparkle of jewelry or a colorful tie. Like 1/2, they hold themselves carefully erect, and sometimes seem to be looking down their nose. They might have a tendency to be a little more formal than is really necessary.

callings

Some 2/1s find work that helps them take care of other people while also teaching. Hosts of children's TV shows, TV chefs, kindergarten teachers, professional nannies, museum guides, school principals, authors of children's books. Disciplined helpers like nurses, dental aides, secretaries, telephone operators. Others find fulfillment by being helpful wives or husbands, managing their homes with firm correctness. There are 2/1 actors, doctors, flight attendants, and comedians. Of course, 2/1s can also be found doing many other kinds of work.

two with a three wing

general description

Average 2/3 is more outward than 2/1. The ambitious vanity of three combines with two's desire to be loved, and the result is someone who is not afraid to step into the spotlight. 2/3s usually have a seductive, playful side, unlike the more serious 2/1s. The three-wing gives them a showy, mainstream kind of appearance-consciousness. The twoish desire to please others is stronger than the threeish desire to be admired, although both desires are present.

balanced and transcendent states

Healthy 2/3s get beyond the immediate desire to please. Image-consciousness and pride drop away and they become able to experience real, heartfelt love. They no longer need the constant reassurance of someone else's admiring gratitude. Two integrates to four, opening up new realms of creative expression, while the three goes to six, bringing in a deeper appreciation of the value of belonging to a real community of friends. They become genuine, loving companions.

An extremely awake 2/3 is someone whose generosity is so continuous and so genuine that it seems to be an inseparable part of the personality. Never is there even the tiniest hint that anything is expected in return -- in fact, extremely advanced 2/3 sometimes becomes so good at giving that the recipient never finds out where the help came from (or even that it has happened). 2/3 saints somehow encourage the universe to shower gifts on others. Generosity comes through them, not from them.

unbalanced and unhealthy states

Unhealthy 2/3 becomes less able to restrain repressed desires. In a misguided attempt to get others to meet their (unspoken) needs, they manufacture more and more imaginary needs to fill for others. Their intrusive, self-satisfied help causes others to move away. 2/3 may hide the resulting loneliness and anger behind an outwardly carefree appearance, but others can usually see that there is hypocrisy involved.

In the end, very unbalanced 2/3 may break down under the stress. Suddenly the truth will pop out from under the increasingly strained wrappings of self-delusion, and in a desperate effort to paste over the uncomfortable vision, they may fly into an eightish homicidal hysteria or sink into nineish psychotic withdrawal. The repressed feelings of a lifetime might spew out in days or weeks. Relationships that have lasted for years might be discarded like used tissue, leaving others desolate and grief-stricken.

physical appearance

2/3s put a lot of energy into looking good. Many American females wear makeup in almost every public situation, and the males take care to be well-dressed and groomed. Their clothing is usually quite attractive, but not necessarily unique. They like a well-dressed, socially approved kind of sexiness. Some of the most attractive people are young 2/3s, of both sexes. Many 2/3 females, and a good many of the men as well, seem to become rather heavy as they get into their thirties, and some become large well before that time. It is common to see older 2/3 women whose weight is concentrated below their waist. Maybe it has to do with the way twos like to feed others (and thus, themselves as well).

callings

Some 2/3s find work that puts them in the spotlight while allowing them to help others. Restaurant headwaiters, hotel managers, executive secretaries, clothing designers. Others build families of close friends and cater to their needs. Massage therapists, cosmetologists, florists, prostitutes, and thousands of career housewives. They might become media stars. Singers, dancers, sex-stars. There are 2/3 retail managers, business leaders, physical therapists, celebrity interviewers, and spouses of powerful people. Of course, 2/3s can also be found doing many other kinds of work.

http://personalitycafe.com/type-2-fo...e-2-wings.html

Last edited by Hope; 03-28-2017 at 05:13 AM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Chae

Its on blue letters on the other post, but here you are:
    https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/type-3

I edited the last post and explain myself more, guess (sorry I edit a lot).

Ah…thats right! That fits with the 3s that I know irl.
    On my case, I'm the last child so no one was demanding anything from me. I set my own set of rules and values from living my life and from dealing with my own needs and the chaotic environment (survival). I don't challenge my values, Its more like I "must" fulfill them, this is were right and wrong and helping others and considering others needs and suffering play a role.

But yeah, after all I think that I'm 2w1…actually that makes sense since I was thinking like I was just guts and logic/common sense/need for information, and the heart part fits when I care for others and my own values/rules... but I dont discard 3w2 completely (because I'm lost on heart stuff tbh) but I dont see where I can grip on 3 right now, even I could be 2w3 at this rate ... I think I'll go to read some of 3 and 2 and their wings.

Thank u.

And I edited again, sorry.
    Thanks!

Now that sounds very 2 +1 again. 3 (or 8) is usually the first among siblings who is expected to get everything done, to be independent, to handle the lack of experience from parents and their more vigilant education. The following siblings have roles like 6 or 2.

Helping, values - exactly. You're lost on the expressive heart stuff because of PoLR As in your next post, of course 9 integrates 3 under positive circumstances. The 2-wing can be explained by the childhood scenario as well, what did your environment demand? For you to perform well or for you to do what is right? As far as your account goes, doing what is right is more the case since you talk about mastering chaos.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding Bled further up: 4 disintegrates to 2, so with other factors that can manifest as trying to make everyone like him in a 2-ish way. Not saying that that is the case, but it's possible.

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks!

Now that sounds very 2 +1 again. 3 (or 8) is usually the first among siblings who is expected to get everything done, to be independent, to handle the lack of experience from parents and their more vigilant education. The following siblings have roles like 6 or 2.

Helping, values - exactly. You're lost on the expressive heart stuff because of PoLR As in your next post, of course 9 integrates 3 under positive circumstances. The 2-wing can be explained by the childhood scenario as well, what did your environment demand? For you to perform well or for you to do what is right? As far as your account goes, doing what is right is more the case since you talk about mastering chaos.
    Yeah, of course PoLR.

Guess to do what was right, no one was paying attention to my perform actually.

But personally I like to perform well in the stuff that I like, it means that I need to be satisfied with my perform and others reward could help me to assurance of it.
    The descriptions of 2w1 and 2w3 above are good, and I think that I kinda fit both… I know that I'm 2 because I like to help and love others (being pampered is pleasant sometimes lol). Maybe you should help me clarify with the 3 motivations a little bit more.

On 2w3 description above, I fit in that I don't care for being at the spotlight, (I even wanted to be a rockstar when younger, lol), but…I really don't think that recognition or fame is a goal for me… of course its appealing to the ego, but probably its more a mean for achieving stuff (material, comfort, peace, need for expression etc), guess. Then I discovered that most of famous ppl were really unhappy and with overly complicated lifestyles so I stopped wanting that life and pursuing in that direction. lol
    For me success would be a path like peace-->power=knwoledge-->love (having someone to love).

And on 2w1 its all what I've told about doing right and else, and I admire the ppl self sacrificing.
    Last edited by Hope; 03-30-2017 at 02:00 AM.

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hey @Wyrd, what do you think? 2w1 or 2w3?

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey @Wyrd, what do you think? 2w1 or 2w3?
    2w3 > 2w1. E1 is basically the type of restraint (often excessive) and I don't think I see much of that.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Adam Strange: 9

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Adam Strange: 9
    You're batting 1000, Ghost.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by willowglass View Post
    I'm not an enneagram expert, but I don't get when people type me as an E9 considering how neurotic I am. The more I read about it, the less I get it. I'm not typical a peaceful person. My husband told me the other day I look like a wind up toy that has been wound up too much and is on the verge of breaking. I also get 'worked up' pretty often and get told I need to chill out.

I just don't get it...
    People generally have a misconception about 9s, that they are more peaceful than the other types. This is not true. 9s have a fucking storm inside of them and a good friend of mine (whose a 9) calls 9 the angriest type, because they have so much emotion build up inside that , because of their typology, feel as they can't express it>feels as if they arent being seen> and it transforms into anger, that they repress, which causes even more anger. Their way of aggression is through stubbornness, a passive way of doing aggression.. and of course their anger leaks out sometimes. I have a 9w1 father and he takes out repressed anger at home, sometimes at silly things, and when I was younger and before I knew about enneagram I used to say he has anger issues. Well technically he does.
    This is a reason 9s mistype as 8 but also 4.
    Not arguing for your type, btw, just against that 9s are peaceful (on the inside).

Attachment 10059
    Last edited by maniac; 03-29-2017 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not an enneagram expert, but I don't get when people type me as an E9 considering how neurotic I am. The more I read about it, the less I get it. I'm not typical a peaceful person. My husband told me the other day I look like a wind up toy that has been wound up too much and is on the verge of breaking. I also get 'worked up' pretty often and get told I need to chill out.

I just don't get it...
    "People" don't type you as E9, just Ghost, although Ghost is responsible for enough forum activity to be mistaken for "people". If you don't try to be at peace with everyone and yourself all the time, you're not a 9. Next question.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

@willowglass I specifically put in my post that "im not arguing for your type", so again, Wyrd is putting words in other peoples mouths, sigh. I typed Wyrd as having a 9 fix so shes upset about that, because she doesnt like the type 9 because she sees herself in it.

For 9s they dont just feel like they cant express their anger, they feel like they can't stick out and have "too strong" feelings and opinions, because that can possibly scare people off, and a 9s fear is disconnection from people. They just want to melt in with the world and others (but also hates this because they feel like they arent being seen, and they get angry about that etcetc)

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know crap about enneagram.
    No one does.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

@willowglass

i think the advice on each type enneagraminstitute.com has helps with typing yourself. just see what hits the hardest.

9:
    Personal Growth Recommendations
    for Enneagram Type Nines

• It is worth examining your type's tendency to go along with others, doing what they want to keep the peace and be nice. Will constantly acquiescing to the wishes of others provide the kind of relationships that will really satisfy you? Remember, it is impossible to love others if you are not truly present to them. This means that you have to be yourself, that you (paradoxically) have to be independent so that you can really be there for others when they need you.
    • Exert yourself. Force yourself to pay attention to what is going on. Do not drift off or tune out people, or daydream. Work on focusing your attention to become an active participant in the world around you. Try to become more mentally and emotionally engaged.
    • Recognize that you also have aggressions, anxieties, and other feelings that you must deal with. Negative feelings and impulses are a part of you and they affect you emotionally and physically whether or not you acknowledge them. Furthermore, your negative emotions are often expressed inadvertently and get in the way of the peace and harmony you want in your relationships. It is best to get things out in the open first, at least by allowing yourself to become aware of your feelings.
    • Although this will be very painful for you, if your marriage has ended in divorce or if you are having problems with your children, you must honestly examine how you have contributed to these problems. Examining troubled relationships will be extremely difficult because the people involved have been close to your heart. The feelings you have for others endow you with much of your identity and self-esteem. But if you really love others, you can do no less than examine the role you have played in whatever conflicts that have arisen. In the last analysis, the choice is simple: you must sacrifice your peace of mind (in the short run) for the satisfaction of genuine relationships (in the long run.)
    • Exercise frequently to become more aware of your body and emotions. (Some Nines run around doing errands and think that they are getting enough exercise.) Regular exercise is a healthy form of self-discipline and will increase your awareness of your feelings and other sensations. Developing body-awareness will help teach you to concentrate and focus your attention in other areas of your life as well. Exercise is also a good way to get in touch with and express some aggressions.

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

haha, a few other people have mentioned it to me as well. I have to admit that I do try to get along with everyone. I was basically friends with everyone in school when I was younger, from the preps to the druggies, to the school nerds. I group hopped during lunch.
    To be at peace doesnt mean to be friendly. I know more "friendly" 4s than 9s actually, but that "friendly" 4s arent really peaceful ppl on the inside , sometimes its just a facade(they dont care for peace in reality, they care for other stuff like being significant and whatever that means -Im not 4, but 4s should know). But I think that being significative or important has something to do with being friendly for some 4s. It all depends on needs and motivations. Also this: 4s are heart types, 9s are instinctive types, we act for insctint (preservation, survival) 4s for heart matters. That's why 9s are prone to anger as a primarily instinctive response.
    Last edited by Hope; 03-30-2017 at 04:42 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, of course PoLR.

Guess to do what was right, no one was paying attention to my perform actually.

But personally I like to perform well in the stuff that I like, it means that I need to be satisfied with my perform and others reward could help me to assurance of it.
    The descriptions of 2w1 and 2w3 above are good, and I think that I kinda fit both… I know that I'm 2 because I like to help and love others (being pampered is pleasant sometimes lol). Maybe you should help me clarify with the 3 motivations a little bit more.

On 2w3 description above, I fit in that I don't care for being at the spotlight, (I even wanted to be a rockstar when younger, lol), but…I really don't think that recognition or fame is a goal for me… of course its appealing to the ego, but probably its more a mean for achieving stuff (material, comfort, peace, need for expression etc), guess. Then I discovered that most of famous ppl were really unhappy and with overly complicated lifestyles so I stopped wanting that life and pursuing in that direction. lol
    For me success would be a path like peace-->power=knwoledge-->love (having someone to love).

And on 2w1 its all what I've told about doing right and else, and I admire the ppl self sacrificing.
    Wyrd has a point there, 2w3 > 2w1 as well in this piece you've written

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I just don't get it...
    On top of the other comments, I'm interested in the worked up part. Why does that happen? It could tell us a lot about core mechanisms. What gets you worked up can point at the core fear very often, like me who loses it/mobilizes everything when I sense that my (self-)image is under threat --> 3w4.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hm. I don't know, Chae. It's hard for me to say. Honestly, I have 3 kids under 10 and I used to spend a lot of time thinking, and I felt more in touch with myself then. Now my life is such a whirlwind that I feel like I'm constantly going and I don't have time to stop and think, which has left me a bit more blinded than I used to be.

I get worked up now-a-days mainly when I don't feel like I'm being listened to or harassed, just because of where I'm at in my life right now. It's really annoying when someone tells you they want another popsicle 50 times in a row and they won't listen when you say no, for example. Yeah, and I get really mad and it puts me in a horrible mood.

I used to be more focused on other things, like I had a huge complex about being called weird. I guess I still do, but it doesn't cut as deep as it used to. Everyone I know basically thinks I'm weird. I felt really ostracized as a child because I was weird. My mom acted like anything weird was bad. I was a pretty morbid child. And it made me cautious about making friends because I didn't feel acceptable or that something was wrong with me. It kind of makes me think I could be a social 4.

I changed my image when I was 17 and tried to be someone else. Someone more normal. I started dressing more normal. I hate nursing, but I changed my major to nursing when what I really wanted to major in was something like mythology or literature. It took a while to run its course, but now typology has kind of given me an identity crisis. I've been trying to just be myself lately, but I feel like who I am is flawed. I'm really apprehensive about being a disappointment. I don't like when people expect things of me because I feel like I'm going to let them down. I tend to crack under pressure. It gives me a lot of anxiety. And I can't take it when I think people hate me. When they do, I feel like I have to fix it. I could never be famous. I wouldn't be able to handle the criticism.
    Ok, I'm condensing this, so many key words: Yes- that boils down to 4. Very accurately, actually. The last two paragraphs are poster examples how the core fear - highlighted in red above - manifests (I know it as well, my 4-wing is well-aquainted about feeling out of place, flawed, without ability for self-definition). Now it aligns, getting worked up is connected to 4's discontent, emotionality and need to retreat - "spend a lot of time thinking". Probably a 5-wing that does not seek acclaim like a 3, but steps back and analyzes. Note the second paragraph: a 5 dislikes intrusion and integrates the angry 8 to get out of this state.

Also, heart type: interpersonal, love- and feeling-based, focus on identity in contrast to others