Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harmonization of Dual Relations Delta edition (ISTp-ENFp & INFj-ESTj)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My interpretation of Delta love.

"Let us be peaceful together in this quiet little sleep town (country village in the UK). I (EII) will knit a shirt for baby Jeremy, while you (LSE) collect the firewood from up yonder. That would please me greatly."

"Of course, dear. I will collect the wood now, as I do as I am told without question, regardless of how ridiculous or difficult the task is."

*Later*

"Honey, I'm home! Let us fornicate in missionary position. You will spread your legs. I will enter you."

*After unimpassioned intercourse*

"I derived much please from that." (LSE gives no consideration to EII, who derived no pleasure from such activity)

"I am happy to please you."

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockclimber View Post
    love is neither unconditional nor permanent.

blah
    You've never had a child.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post

"Let us be peaceful together in this quiet little sleep town (country village in the UK). I (EII) will knit a shirt for baby Jeremy, while you (LSE) collect the firewood from up yonder. That would please me greatly."

"Of course, dear. I will collect the wood now, as I do as I am told without question, regardless of how ridiculous or difficult the task is."

*Later*

"Honey, I'm home! Let us fornicate in missionary position. You will spread your legs. I will enter you."

"I derived much please from that." (LSE gives no consideration to EII, who derived no pleasure from such activity)

ROFL. Trust me, that's not how it works. I can't speak specifically for LSE and EII but I think we're close enough to be pretty sure their sex life isn't like that.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"To give no consideration" to the partner's sensory well-being and pleasure is not consistent with being a Caregiver, you know.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Later*

*joins beta*
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Later*

Yeah, I'd leave pretty fucking quick if it was this routine.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    ... maybe, not sure. is that btw really how delta operates?
    Ezra was making a joke. No types operate that way.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Later*

LOL

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    LIS. Quality. Reminded me of this I once saw:

Only the layout.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to be in good relations with other people maybe, though limited by question: expressing myself i think.
    Ok, good. I have a confirmation of what I already thought (that what you write is more of an expression than a communication), plus a new bit of information (that you want to be on good terms with people).

Regarding wanting to be in good relations with other people - have you noticed that your... style of expression tends to annoy quite a few people? Or, put another way, what do you think your style of expressing yourself (e.g. using many separate posts to say something) is doing to the possibility of getting along with the people who read it?

like functionally wise? i need something more concrete...
    That second question of mine was a continuation of the first. I am not thinking specifically of socionics or functions.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My coworks now think i am a lesbian, thank you ezra.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude! do the damn alt+tab of incredible speed tricks
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think this is an quintessence of Fi as, in part, being Ji of Fe.
    made me think a bit, I don't know if I agree with this because it sounds like something an Fi with Ne person might say, not just Fi, if any. Actually, I don't really know what you're talking about, only some ideas.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    My coworks now think i am a lesbian, thank you ezra.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Interpretation of Beta Love

"Hey Bitch im home. git me a beer"
    "have a good day my sweet?"
    "Yer. I solds me last brick of columbian pure"
    "Oooh this means we can eat tonight. I will write a poem about this"
    "dont talk back to me woman"
    *pushes woman to floor*
    "im gonna geeet me sum sex"

*10 hours of brutal unrelenting love*

"im bleeding and my throat is sore honey"
    "yer. bleedins hot. You liked it"
    "I love you, i know you beat me because you care"
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, for a thread devoted to love there's an awful lot of angst a-floating about. A plethora, you might say. @ tereg's/ezra's/meatburger's posts. I'm glad someone's bringing some levity into the room!

I do like hkkmr's tack though. I'll have to look over the INFj description and give it some thought.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh i see, well i really appreciate what you're doing, though i do feel quite uncomfortable, but suspect you would not have the motivation to continue our conversation in via pm.

to be honest it didn't even occur to me, this Fi aspect of things. what you just said was quite new to me. actually, i think i do have a lot of problems in life because of this, the not caring about the Fi side of things in everyday action. i have had so many problems in life, one really major one, where i was the cause for my cousin's expulsion from the workplace he just got into just because i found out he did lots of things, knowingly, that caused a lot of problems. but i now think that that guy was just thinking long-term, especially that is reinforced with the fact that the owners are both sensors. and all these problems may (is that possible?) stem from just that not watching for the Fi "in the Ni" side of things. though i suppose other possible factors may exist...
    I would not mind continuing via PM, if you'd like to.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post

*pushes woman to floor*

qft.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another interpretation of Delta love.

"Let us be peaceful together in this quiet little sleep town (country village in the UK)."
    "Our little pastoral idyll! Our Narnia!"
    "It WILL be, once those idiots on the council get their act together. I think I'll go up there with a few suggestions. I can't think why anyone can find it a good idea to... [cue brief speech on the finer issues of town planning] ... see? It benefits the wealthy and it's bad for helpless old ladies and Armenian immigrants."
    "My hero! Come here..."
    "..."
    "..."
    "..."
    "...But you won't talk to the council, love. You'll write. And you'll let me go over the letter first."
    "The world isn't ready for my directness."
    "It never was. Now I will knit a shirt, right after I get the fire going... where's the wood..."
    "NO!! Sheesh - stay away from the matches. Remember our deal. I do the dangerous stuff - and there'll be a longer life expectancy for both of us."
    "Well, if you insist..."
    "Are you comfortable? Since I'm going out anyway, do you want me to get you anything else?"
    "Oh, I could think of a thing or two."
    "OK, I'll make a bullet-pointed list..."
    "It would involve handling flammable goods, though."
    "Forget it."
    "It would involve handling something HOT. Sheesh, how thick are you?"
    "Oooooh. THAT."
    "..."
    "..."

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post

*pushes woman to floor*

Why is this Beta filth plaguing the purity of Delta?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After Meatburger's post, this made me chuckle. I was looking at Rick's celebrity type page and watching interviews with various people. Here's one with Sean Connery about slapping women.

Although if someone (man or woman) were being like that, I'm not entirely sure I'd disagree with him... don't know if I'd actually do it, but I'd sure feel like it. haha

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default harmonization of delta duals

In my understanding of dualization, one if it's benefits is not only that the dual "protects" your weaker functions, but also it shows to you your weaknesses in a manner where which you can most 'harmoniously' benefit from, as well as learn from your dual about it. Thus by remaining by being in a dual relationship - you gradually become a more balanced personality. In terms of pop-psychology, you learn to identify and accept with the masculine or feminine which you had rejected. My question is, what kind of behavioral changes do delta go through after experiencing such dualization (that is, if my general understanding is correct about this). Can anyone post their own experiences or observations on the subject?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ali View Post
    In my understanding of dualization, one if it's benefits is not only that the dual "protects" your weaker functions, but also it shows to you your weaknesses in a manner where which you can most 'harmoniously' benefit from, as well as learn from your dual about it. Thus by remaining by being in a dual relationship - you gradually become a more balanced personality. In terms of pop-psychology, you learn to identify and accept with the masculine or feminine which you had rejected. My question is, what kind of behavioral changes do delta go through after experiencing such dualization (that is, if my general understanding is correct about this). Can anyone post their own experiences or observations on the subject?
    wow, great topic. I want to hear responses! I haven't been w/ a dual long enough to seen much of a change (a couple months at the most).

However, I have a ISTp friend (who I've only known a few weeks). I ordered cappuccino and the waiter brought espresso...then she reminded me that I had said "espresso" (in my mind I said the other one). She's like "yeah I remember you ordering that" but she said it w/o judgement so it didn't piss me off at all. and so I just took the espresso, since I hadn't tried it before anyway.

I figure it's things like that, but on a huge grand, life-shifting scale. or at least, I hope it's like that and want to read some experiences!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    wow, great topic. I want to hear responses! I haven't been w/ a dual long enough to seen much of a change (a couple months at the most).

However, I have a ISTp friend (who I've only known a few weeks). I ordered cappuccino and the waiter brought espresso...then she reminded me that I had said "espresso" (in my mind I said the other one). She's like "yeah I remember you ordering that" but she said it w/o judgement so it didn't piss me off at all. and so I just took the espresso, since I hadn't tried it before anyway.

I figure it's things like that, but on a huge grand, life-shifting scale. or at least, I hope it's like that and want to read some experiences!
    so, are you saying that was an example of you being reminded of Se in a way that wasn't hitting your polr? sounds like from this example it didn't change your behavior in this area though. How does it make you a more balanced personality?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    so, are you saying that was an example of you being reminded of Se in a way that wasn't hitting your polr? sounds like from this example it didn't change your behavior in this area though. How does it make you a more balanced personality?
    I don't know. It changed my behavior, in that, it drew attention to the fact that I needed to pay more attention to things. Things like that that could, if magnified, make a person aware of what they should work on in a way that motivates the person to improve. And that could help them balance themselves over time. maybe.

But actually, now that I think of it, I wonder if having a dual doesn't actually make you a more "balanced" person but instead, just supports those areas where you tend to tip over. That would make you seem calmer, and appear more balanced while they were in your life. But when without your dual, I'm not sure if that balance would remain or not.

input welcomed!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband gently teases me about my weaknesses sometimes. Not in a mean way or a way that makes me feel defensive at all. More like he thinks it's cute. I wish I could think of an example off the top of my head. But sometimes he'll call to remind me about important things because he knows I'm scatterbrained and might forget. And when he calls he'll gently tease me a bit about how I can't organize things and remember what has to be done when. And I probably tease him about things too. Like if we go someplace social, I might gently tease him ahead of time that no one will bite him and we don't have to be there long, but to just try to have fun and relax. And that does seem to make him relax about the pressure of meeting new people. We usually come up with a secret way that he can tell me when he's had enough and needs to leave. Like, I'll say, when you can't take it anymore talk about my tomato plants, and I'll get us out of there. And sure enough, he'll bring up the tomatoes and I'll say something about getting tired or something and we'll leave.

I'm not sure if that's exactly what you're talking about though.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    My husband gently teases me about my weaknesses sometimes. Not in a mean way or a way that makes me feel defensive at all. More like he thinks it's cute. I wish I could think of an example off the top of my head. But sometimes he'll call to remind me about important things because he knows I'm scatterbrained and might forget. And when he calls he'll gently tease me a bit about how I can't organize things and remember what has to be done when. And I probably tease him about things too. Like if we go someplace social, I might gently tease him ahead of time that no one will bite him and we don't have to be there long, but to just try to have fun and relax. And that does seem to make him relax about the pressure of meeting new people. We usually come up with a secret way that he can tell me when he's had enough and needs to leave. Like, I'll say, when you can't take it anymore talk about my tomato plants, and I'll get us out of there. And sure enough, he'll bring up the tomatoes and I'll say something about getting tired or something and we'll leave.

This seems like great example!
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading this brings a smile to my face. I really like the dynamics of your relationship as described here.

I'm too tired right now to expand on the subject, plus I haven't been with a dual long enough to notice any major differences yet. Well actually, I can think of some. Might post later.

Creepy-Cyclops

The benefits of dualisation can actually become more apparent when the contact with the dual is lost-some of the beneficial affects on your weaker function are still there, but some of the benefits tend to fade, as end of day new situations and even existing situations mean we really still need the assistance to our receptive functions, which of course filter through to make us more assured of our concious weak functions.

Sure i'm not giving specific examples, but some of this is the general gist of my experiences with the IEE. When we demonstrate our weaker functions in a "poor" way, it's more amusing to both of us yet still receptive in the same way.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We usually come up with a secret way that he can tell me when he's had enough and needs to leave. Like, I'll say, when you can't take it anymore talk about my tomato plants, and I'll get us out of there. And sure enough, he'll bring up the tomatoes and I'll say something about getting tired or something and we'll leave.
    I've done similar things with my ESFp friend. We'd plan out things to say(/signs to give to each other) before going somewhere and he's a good play-along whom I can trust. I really appreciate and value this type of interpersonal communication connection.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh god, we do that same thing. we have secret code words for all sorts of things like that. that is so great that others do too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12