Thread: Ni Bits Of Info

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    An intuitive can't sit around all day and gain insight into things.
    heh, I do it all the time. It involves sifting through one's memories and re-writing your perceptions of the facts to fit a particular viewpoint. For example, X happened. At the time that X happened, I may have interpreted X a particular way. Well, after 2 or 3 weeks go by, Y happens that causes me to reinterpret X in an entirely different way. This reinterpretation can happen while I'm sitting around doing nothing but thinking about it. I spend way too much time (admittedly) thinking about the possible ways X might be interpreted and what this might mean. I'm cutting back on these sorts of activities however. Waste of time and inevitably puts me way ahead of everyone else which is useless when dealing with others who take way longer to come to similar conclusions. I find that I'm a much happier person when I try to take things as they come at face value and stop trying to project meaning and/or possibility onto everything. There's a place for this, to be sure, but often it just gets in the way.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    heh, I do it all the time. It involves sifting through one's memories and re-writing your perceptions of the facts to fit a particular viewpoint. For example, X happened. At the time that X happened, I may have interpreted X a particular way. Well, after 2 or 3 weeks go by, Y happens that causes me to reinterpret X in an entirely different way. This reinterpretation can happen while I'm sitting around doing nothing but thinking about it. I spend way too much time (admittedly) thinking about the possible ways X might be interpreted and what this might mean. I'm cutting back on these sorts of activities however. Waste of time and inevitably puts me way ahead of everyone else which is useless when dealing with others who take way longer to come to similar conclusions. I find that I'm a much happier person when I try to take things as they come at face value and stop trying to project meaning and/or possibility onto everything. There's a place for this, to be sure, but often it just gets in the way.
    you couldn't have done this without an experience.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    you couldn't have done this without an experience.
    Yes obviously there must be an initial experience but the insight can be gained while sitting around.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    Yes obviously there must be an initial experience but the insight can be gained while sitting around.
    yeah, I just should have been more clear in my post. when the person said Ne/Ni was more about insight, it seemed to general. and even so, Se/Si people can sit around and reflect on their stuff and gain insight.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    this is excellent. best description of Ni that i've read. now i feel like i get it.

your post redbaron also reveals how you have assessed the value of your leading function, it's strengths & weaknesses, and its most appropriate use. then made decisions on how you use your energy. but i think people who get your strength of prediction and forecasting would greatly benefit from your input esp if they trust you.

i comment on this because i've done the same thing with Ne....it's only good in certain specific situations. i've realized that i'm a lot happier when i don't let it run rampant. so i tend to use Ti and Se at least an equal amount of time that i use Ne.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often