Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
It's a natural feeling. I just can't imagine being in a group and interacting without thinking about possibly making the group vibe worse. I don't consciously analyze it when I'm in a group, but I keep having thoughts. "They laughed at my joke, but then they became quiet. I wonder why they're quiet. They were all talking before the joke! Maybe I shouldn't have told the joke. AAAH! Maybe I should say something more. Or maybe I should stay quiet so they can continue chatting.".
Thanks, I can rule out EIE for me then I think. I don't have this continuous focus.

I know I easily offend people when I'm "being myself", so it takes a long time for people to see the real me. I can't say or do anything without adjusting to the company I'm in. Actually I don't even know what's the real me. I know I don't act natural with my family... Sometimes I wish I was SLE or something like that.
You have every right to be yourself you know.

I relate to this part though, about not knowing what defines you. And it can sometimes be really stupid too, like when we're all ordering pizza, everybody knows what kind of pizza they want and I have absolutely no idea.