TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The most stress free relation

Hey

This may go under "any relations", but also here. I would ask you to describe the person you get along with best, in terms of psychological comfort. What qualities do they have? What functions, apparently, do they have (if it applies).

Who were/are the people you can work with or do thing with, (aside from just spending fun time with), in the most stress free way? ((Note, not necessarily stress free as in, someone you sit on your butt doing nothing with. I mean, just the least amount of psychological irritation))

What are your thoughts on this?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

real life examples would be great.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ummmm dual? Duh.

EDIT... ummm... real-life dual? does that count as an example?
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    ummmm dual? Duh.
    lol yes.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, really. This seems like an obvious thing.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, what qualities does the person you have the most stress free relationship with - what qualities to they have, and why are they soothing to you.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Hey

This may go under "any relations", but also here. I would ask you to describe the person you get along with best, in terms of psychological comfort. What qualities do they have? What functions, apparently, do they have (if it applies).

Who were/are the people you can work with or do thing with, (aside from just spending fun time with), in the most stress free way? ((Note, not necessarily stress free as in, someone you sit on your butt doing nothing with. I mean, just the least amount of psychological irritation))

A thing I find comfortable is when the person I'm talking to is on the same wavelength as me - they're listening as well as comprehending on every level in the present so that they could finish my thoughts for me if they had to. The person is just completely receptive to what I'm saying at that moment and they don't let any preconceptions colour what they're hearing. I love that - it means to me that the person is really trying to understand me and get inside my head. I've experienced this with INFp, ENTp, sometimes ENFp. In my experience, INTjs appear do be doing this, but actually their mind is going a million miles an hour, making connections, dismissing this and that, retaining what they perceive the truth to be.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Activity.

Duality is most compatible for close, long term, serious relationships, but friendships with activity partners seem to just happen effortlessly, quickly, and smoothly. (Perhaps that has something to do with who my activity partner is though?)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILE 8w7
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for me, it is illusionary and relation of benefit with EIE.
    Beta NF's
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Activity.

Duality is most compatible for close, long term, serious relationships, but friendships with activity partners seem to just happen effortlessly, quickly, and smoothly. (Perhaps that has something to do with who my activity partner is though?)
    Thats exactly what ive found too
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Activity is definately the most stress-free IntR but activity partners are unable to respond to each other's emotional issues. Activity partners kinda stand around asking, "umm, ok... so like, what do you need me to do??" Sure you might get a sympathetic stock response or a humorous distraction, but there is no real ability to support or console. The emotional worlds are foreign to each other - similar in some regards, but very different in others. That sort of understanding doesn't happen naturally between activity partners, as it does between dual partners.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love your avatar.

Anyways, I agree that activity partners can't give you everything you need the way your dual can, but I haven't noticed the lack of emotional connectedness/compatibility. I more notice the everyday/practical problems that arise from temperament issues. The EP is too carefree for the EJ, the EJ is too uptight for the EP. The EJ doesn't help the EP relax, and the EP doesn't make the EJ relax. Relationships are processed differently (rational types seem to need more definition than irrational types), etc.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Hey

Your dual, duh.